Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Carolina 86 Kentucky 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final...
Smile
UK hung tough in the first half. Not much you can do when you have 25 fouls and 19 turnovers. Kentucky didn't shoot a free throw in the first half.

I will say this though. Tyler Hansbrough is the biggest wuss on the basketball court I've ever seen in college. Can this guy stay on his feet? He flops if someone farts within 10 feet of him. Patterson made the junior look bad.

Michael Porter got way too much playing time again. No clue why Legion didn't get to play until that late and then the substitution patterns got worse from there. The fans turned on Billy G. pretty bad this game for it too. I liked his intensity this game though, but wish he would have gotten on the refs for the touch fouls.
I agree with most of what Alfus said. Porter saw the floor too much. Legion didn't see it enough. There were some really touchy fouls, and it definently seemed that the majority of them were when UNC had the ball. In a game with that kind of officiating, Patterson really has to go at the basket and try to initiate some more contact. The only comment I'll make about Vitale is that he spent 3/4 of the game talking about the Red Sox, Yankees, Duke, the ACC Championship, and Tubby. All of which had nothing to do with this particular game.
I think Patterson was a lil too excited at times. Why didn't Legion play much?

**** Vitale got on my last nerve durin this game. I wanted to go thru the TV and drag him back into my house and beat the livin **** outta him. He don't know when to shut up. His voice for one is annoyin enough but he insists on praisin Coach K and Duke durin a game they aren't even playin in. Then he went on and on about how Tubby was done wrong at UK.
Redneck Wrote:I think Patterson was a lil too excited at times. Why didn't Legion play much?

**** Vitale got on my last nerve durin this game. I wanted to go thru the TV and drag him back into my house and beat the livin **** outta him. He don't know when to shut up. His voice for one is annoyin enough but he insists on praisin Coach K and Duke durin a game they aren't even playin in. Then he went on and on about how Tubby was done wrong at UK.

Vitale often talks out of both sides of his mouth. Like many others on ESPN he will talk about how great of a job Tubby was doing at UK one minute. Then the very next minute he will talk about UK not being on the same level with UNC and others because of a lack of talent. Now seeing how this is Billy G's first season, who's responsible for the lack of talent at UK? NEWS FLASH Dickie V....you can't have it both ways.
Closer than what I thought it would be.
alfus21 Wrote:UK hung tough in the first half. Not much you can do when you have 25 fouls and 19 turnovers. Kentucky didn't shoot a free throw in the first half.

I will say this though. Tyler Hansbrough is the biggest wuss on the basketball court I've ever seen in college. Can this guy stay on his feet? He flops if someone farts within 10 feet of him. Patterson made the junior look bad.

Michael Porter got way too much playing time again. No clue why Legion didn't get to play until that late and then the substitution patterns got worse from there. The fans turned on Billy G. pretty bad this game for it too. I liked his intensity this game though, but wish he would have gotten on the refs for the touch fouls.

I agree.
alfus21 Wrote:I will say this though. Tyler Hansbrough is the biggest wuss on the basketball court I've ever seen in college. Can this guy stay on his feet? He flops if someone farts within 10 feet of him. Patterson made the junior look bad.

Hansbrough is a lil goofy but I don't know if I would say he is a wuss. He does flop alot but alot of the time he is gettin killed. That's why he shoots 10+ free throws a game, lol. I don't know if I would say that Patterson made him look bad either. Patterson did majority of his scorin when Hansbrough was on the bench. Every time Patterson got the ball against TH he turned and threw it at the basket. TH wasn't named the pre-season ACC player of the year for bein a wuss.
We better enjoy Patterson while we can this year!
OffTheHook Wrote:We better enjoy Patterson while we can this year!

I think he stay for 2 or 3 years...
I was there at this game...Pretty good effort from the cats to take the 20+ point lead down to 9 before the game was over. And I guess Hansbrough likes to go down on his knees every game, cause it sure looks that way. Fouls and turnovers kill the Wildcats. But great effort from the cats
vundy33 Wrote:I think he stay for 2 or 3 years...

I hope he does. Next year maybe. But, if he doesn't it wouldn't surprise me.
Kentucky better do something fast, because Patterson WILL leave if he doesn't see Kentucky improving and who could blame him. I was thinking while watching this game, and thought, "Could you imagine this team if we didn't sign Patterson?" Something to think about!
BTW, this team plays so much better when Legion is in the game as Porter has NEVER showed me anything in ANY aspect of the game of basketball! GO OUT FOR FOOTBALL PORTER, WE WILL NEED YOU NEXT YEAR! He was recruited by USC in football, am I right?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:BTW, this team plays so much better when Legion is in the game as Porter has NEVER showed me anything in ANY aspect of the game of basketball! GO OUT FOR FOOTBALL PORTER, WE WILL NEED YOU NEXT YEAR! He was recruited by USC in football, am I right?

He was recruited by alot of major D-1 schools. He wasn't only recruited by USC, he TURNED DOWN A SCHOLARSHIP OFFER TO USC... You know the kid has gotta be good to get offers from USC.
Redneck Wrote:He was recruited by alot of major D-1 schools. He wasn't only recruited by USC, he TURNED DOWN A SCHOLARSHIP OFFER TO USC... You know the kid has gotta be good to get offers from USC.
kind of makes you wonder why you'd turn down a football scholarship from USC where you have a legit chance of winning a national championship, to come to Kentucky and play basketball, and ride the bench as soon as Meeks and Jasper comes back?? Dont get me wrong, I like Porter, but I question that move. I hate USC in football, but if it came down to playing football at USC or basketball at UK, I'd go to USC..just my opinion..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:kind of makes you wonder why you'd turn down a football scholarship from USC where you have a legit chance of winning a national championship, to come to Kentucky and play basketball, and ride the bench as soon as Meeks and Jasper comes back?? Dont get me wrong, I like Porter, but I question that move. I hate USC in football, but if it came down to playing football at USC or basketball at UK, I'd go to USC..just my opinion..

**** yeah... If I was Porter I'd go have a talk with Rich Brooks.
what pos. did Porter play in football TE RB CB what?
Here is my take. Porter and Coury should never step foot on the court. Heck, they shouldn't even have a UK uniform. Tyler handjob is a wuss. He cries more than Coach K. I wish UK would have put in Mike Williams to come in and punch Handjob in the nose just like that Duke player did last year. Now that was funny. I still watch that video. Anyways, I was reading on rivals.com that referee Karl Hess told Patrick Patterson that he should have thrown him (PP) out of the game for fouling Handjob late in the game. From what I have heard, Hess was giving PP **** during the game.

I was impressed that UK only lost by 9 points considering the lack of talent that is allowed to touch the floor. Whatever happened to players like Mashburn, Feldhouse, Farmer, Delk, Mercer, Anderson, etc.? We have gone from that to Porter, Coury, Williams, Stevenson, Bradley, Crawford, etc. What a difference 10 years makes. This is just rediculous in my opinion.
Coach G. wanted his team to be more physical right? I didn't understand why he didn't utilize Williams & Carter the same way he did Stevenson. Simply tell'em, "Son, use all your fouls and make them count."

Why didn't Legion see more playing time? When will we see Legion start over Bradley and relagate Porter to the end of the pine. I'd like to know what he sees in Porter?

Why does Coury continue to start? Everyone that isn't playing some race card has seen exactly why he is a walk-on. He has no business on the floor.

The 9-point loss is not indicative of how the game really was because Carolina backed off after they blew the game open.
Redneck Wrote:Hansbrough is a lil goofy but I don't know if I would say he is a wuss. He does flop alot but alot of the time he is gettin killed. That's why he shoots 10+ free throws a game, lol. I don't know if I would say that Patterson made him look bad either. Patterson did majority of his scorin when Hansbrough was on the bench. Every time Patterson got the ball against TH he turned and threw it at the basket. TH wasn't named the pre-season ACC player of the year for bein a wuss.

I agree with you.
UK played some aggresive defense for the most part this game, with the exception of a few wide open jump shots (especially to Greene). UNC was just too quick for UK, and it showed big time. They got a defensive rebound and ran the ball up court with ease. Patterson had a great game, and Stevenson played well, but was plagued big time by the officiating, who I will say was HORRIBLE. Harris can't play, and as much as I would love to Coury succeed, he just isn't UK-caliber, nor D-I for that matter. He just looks like a deer in headlights every time he gets the ball. Legion, like most have said, should play more minutes. Dicky V described him great when he said "He's a scorer." Crawford had a great game yesterday, and Porter had his spurts but for the most part, didn't play all that well. This team is still molding and it shows that they're getting better every game. They'll be fine when the SEC and NCAA Tournaments role around. I'm not worried about anything just yet. I mean, UNC was the NUMBER 2 team in the COUNTRY!!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:UK played some aggresive defense for the most part this game, with the exception of a few wide open jump shots (especially to Greene). UNC was just too quick for UK, and it showed big time. They got a defensive rebound and ran the ball up court with ease. Patterson had a great game, and Stevenson played well, but was plagued big time by the officiating, who I will say was HORRIBLE. Harris can't play, and as much as I would love to Coury succeed, he just isn't UK-caliber, nor D-I for that matter. He just looks like a deer in headlights every time he gets the ball. Legion, like most have said, should play more minutes. Dicky V described him great when he said "He's a scorer." Crawford had a great game yesterday, and Porter had his spurts but for the most part, didn't play all that well. This team is still molding and it shows that they're getting better every game. They'll be fine when the SEC and NCAA Tournaments role around. I'm not worried about anything just yet. I mean, UNC was the NUMBER 2 team in the COUNTRY!!!
I agree. I think UK will get better by the SEC tourney and the NCAA tourney.
First of all, Coury, Porter and Harris shouldnt even be in the game, they are horrible players. The lineup should be Patterson, Stewart, Legion, Crawford and Bradley, and play them as much as possible, except for one thing, they probably couldnt handle it because of the way the idiot coach practices them. Second, the game wouldnt have ended up as close as it was if UNC hadnt backed off. Hansbrough does get alot of calls but thats what you get when you play for UNC. Hansbrough gets most of his points from the free throw line, against UK anyway. Last year Morris shut him down and the same the year before that. UK might have had a chance in this game had the dumb*** coach played the right players at the right times. He obviously doesnt know what he is doing with this team and should never have been hired. I dont care what anyone else thinks about what I just said, its the truth. Tubby would never have let whats happening right now happen. I had a problem with a few of the things Vitale was saying especially when he mentions Duke in every game that he calls, but he was telling the truth about what he said about Tubby and I loved that he said it. I also enjoyed when coach got booed, that had to be the best thing all game. I will continue to watch UK but only because I like Crawford, Patterson, Legion and a few other players. All of which by the way I think will be gone after this year. I know Crawford will be for sure but I think the other two along with maybe a few others will leave as well. No one wants to play for a coach like we have. He doesnt have the passion he said he had nor does he know anything about UK history. Bottomline the man is a joke as a coach.
LOL, and just like that, Billy Clyde goes from being a savior to the worst coach in the history of the world in six months...unbelievable..
I think that UK played ok, considering the ridiculous number of foul calls that went against them in the first half. We should have had a lead at halftime. Then, UNC's superior talent took over in the first several minutes of the second half and blew the game wide-open. I was glad to see the margin get cut to 9, that will look better than a 25-point loss on the resume when it comes to NCAA seeding later on.

I agree with everyone else on here that Porter gets way too much playing time, but one guy that is even more of a waste of a scholly is Harris. I have no idea why Tubby even brought this guy in at midseason last year, he didn't help us then and he isn't helping now. He and Porter should get no more than 5 minutes a game, tops. Throw Carter in there, and having those guys taking up three scholarships goes a long way toward explaining why this team has as many problems as it does.

I think right now you start Patterson, Crawford, Bradley, and Legion, with the other spot going to either Stewart or Stevenson. When (if ?) Meeks gets back, he becomes the fifth starter.
I wouldnt have Stevenson in the starting lineup either. Hes weak and can barely get up and down the floor. Another useless player. Yeah he blocks a few shots and gets a couple rebounds here and there but thats it. He is not starting material. I never once said that coach was a savior, yeah I thought he would be a good fit, but that was me being stupid.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:First of all, Coury, Porter and Harris shouldnt even be in the game, they are horrible players. The lineup should be Patterson, Stewart, Legion, Crawford and Bradley, and play them as much as possible, except for one thing, they probably couldnt handle it because of the way the idiot coach practices them. Second, the game wouldnt have ended up as close as it was if UNC hadnt backed off. Hansbrough does get alot of calls but thats what you get when you play for UNC. Hansbrough gets most of his points from the free throw line, against UK anyway. Last year Morris shut him down and the same the year before that. UK might have had a chance in this game had the dumb*** coach played the right players at the right times. He obviously doesnt know what he is doing with this team and should never have been hired. I dont care what anyone else thinks about what I just said, its the truth. Tubby would never have let whats happening right now happen. I had a problem with a few of the things Vitale was saying especially when he mentions Duke in every game that he calls, but he was telling the truth about what he said about Tubby and I loved that he said it. I also enjoyed when coach got booed, that had to be the best thing all game. I will continue to watch UK but only because I like Crawford, Patterson, Legion and a few other players. All of which by the way I think will be gone after this year. I know Crawford will be for sure but I think the other two along with maybe a few others will leave as well. No one wants to play for a coach like we have. He doesnt have the passion he said he had nor does he know anything about UK history. Bottomline the man is a joke as a coach.
Dude, you have issues.

Gooosfraaabaaah
This score would have been alot closer i think if we would have had meeks healthy.....Kentucky's problem is they dont have a player that can score at will....the only player that is even close to that is crawford and he has no help....paterson done a great job i thought....the sky is the limit for this guy.....dont understand why porter was playing so much and why legion played as little as he did.....harris is a poor player and so it coury.....
Pages: 1 2