Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee 52 Kentucky 50 -- 4OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

UK had the chance to win in it in the 2OT but had a 25 yard field goal blocked.
**** Tennessee and that fat piece of ****-spawned garbage Fill-up Full-mer. Hopefully LSU beats them by a thousand in the SEC Championship game, and afterwards the entire team and coaching staff is sentenced to life in prison after being falsely accused of whatever. I hate the friggin University of Tennessee. UK will never beat the Vols. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if not this year, then never. Go back to **** where you came from, Tennessee. And stay there.
David Jones made a heck of a play in I think the 2nd or 3rd OT to keep Tenn out of the end zone.
yeah, they blew it trying to play it safe in the 2nd ot....
TidesHoss32 Wrote:**** Tennessee and that fat piece of ****-spawned garbage Fill-up Full-mer. Hopefully LSU beats them by a thousand in the SEC Championship game, and afterwards the entire team and coaching staff is sentenced to life in prison after being falsely accused of whatever. I hate the friggin University of Tennessee. UK will never beat the Vols. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if not this year, then never. Go back to **** where you came from, Tennessee. And stay there.

Wow, someone woke up grouchy from his turkey-coma.
DevilsWin Wrote:David Jones made a heck of a play in I think the 2nd or 3rd OT to keep Tenn out of the end zone.

He kinda got revenge on Foster. Foster trucked him in the 4th quarter.
:mad:
David got trucked, then took out the RB's knees to save the game, then got smoked on 1st and 10 from the 40 to give up the game winning TD in the 4th OT. Cats had it but I knew that they would find a way to lose the game. Maybe next year.
TATE_64 Wrote:yeah, they blew it trying to play it safe in the 2nd ot....

That is the sad but true fact. I remember saying after they got the interception, "I hope they don't just run it three times." And that's exactly what they did. Very questionable play-calling by Joker Phillips, especially when the pass game had been nearly unstoppable in the second half.

I know you don't want to take chances and turn the ball over, but I still think they should've gone with some short, safe passes to try to pick up a first down. They might've even got a touchdown and ended it, or at least got in better position for a field goal.

Very disappointing game, and I don't know when we'll ever have a better chance to end that 22-game streak. Sad
I guess UK is on their way to getting back on the sucky ladder again
play_maker Wrote:I guess UK is on their way to getting back on the sucky ladder again
Well, they didn't suck this game, so I don't think I can agree with that. Yes, they had a sorry end to the season, but they are still on the up. This was the first of what seems to be better seasons to come under Brooks and Co. :thumpsup:
Turnovers killed us...If you take away one play...Which is the int b-4 the half WE win this one...Oh well on to the bowl game.maybe. Good chance we wont get one now.
play_maker Wrote:I guess UK is on their way to getting back on the sucky ladder again

What a silly post. Are you saying that UK played terrible this game? They were up against the #17 ranked team in Tennessee, who was playing for a spot in the SEC title game, and outplayed them most of the game despite losing on the scoreboard. That is not a description of a "sucky" team, but rather one who still hasn't learned how to win the big games on a consistent basis.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Turnovers killed us...If you take away one play...Which is the int b-4 the half WE win this one...Oh well on to the bowl game.maybe. Good chance we wont get one now.

Actually, there's very little chance that UK doesn't get into a bowl game. Consider:

UK sits at 7-5 in the SEC, which has 8 guaranteed bowl spots. Georgia winning today practically assures them and the SEC of a second BCS berth, which gives the SEC nine spots. The SEC has 10 bowl-eligible teams, but of those ten Alabama and South Carolina only have 6 wins presently, which should put them behind UK in the pecking order. If by some chance both teams win tonight and give the league 10 teams with at least 7 wins, there is a chance they could be the odd team out, although I suspect UK and Andre Woodson would be a more attractive team for a bowl than Mississippi State. Finally, if they did get left out of the SEC bowls, they would probably be the first team picked for an at-large bowl if other conferences don't fill their allotments. Again, a bowl could not pick a 6-6 team for an at-large berth over the 7-5 Wildcats.
Wow...I feel so bad for the UK seniors. We really should have never put ourselves in the position to play 4 OT's, we should have won this game in regulation with a 1st & Goal at the 1 yard line....

This is such a heartbreaker...thats all I have for now.....
Uncle Buck Wrote:David got trucked, then took out the RB's knees to save the game, then got smoked on 1st and 10 from the 40 to give up the game winning TD in the 4th OT. Cats had it but I knew that they would find a way to lose the game. Maybe next year.
It wasn't David's man that got the TD, it was the safety's man, David was covering the corner and the tight end from what I seen.
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, there's very little chance that UK doesn't get into a bowl game. Consider:

UK sits at 7-5 in the SEC, which has 8 guaranteed bowl spots. Georgia winning today practically assures them and the SEC of a second BCS berth, which gives the SEC nine spots. The SEC has 10 bowl-eligible teams, but of those ten Alabama and South Carolina only have 6 wins presently, which should put them behind UK in the pecking order. If by some chance both teams win tonight and give the league 10 teams with at least 7 wins, there is a chance they could be the odd team out, although I suspect UK and Andre Woodson would be a more attractive team for a bowl than Mississippi State. Finally, if they did get left out of the SEC bowls, they would probably be the first team picked for an at-large bowl if other conferences don't fill their allotments. Again, a bowl could not pick a 6-6 team for an at-large berth over the 7-5 Wildcats.
And I do believe that the SEC bowls have to take a 7 win team over a 6 win team. UK is in a bowl. Don't worry. Just probably not a high profile one like it looked like they were headed for after the first half of the season. A shame.
Gave it away..All you can say folks...And I agree that this year is the best chance that they have had in forever and does put thought in my head to if I will EVER see a UK team beat a UT team in football. 8-4 sure would have sounded and looked alot better than 7-5. Still proud of my Cats though and man oh man those SENIORS. Hard to think about a UK football game without Woodson, Tamme, Little, Burton, Woodyard, Stevie Johnson....Let's finish the season with a bowl win! GO CATS@!
I have yet to find a seven win team from any major conference not make a bowl game.... if you can find one please tell me.... six wins and your pushing it (especially if you have a losing record in conference), seven and your virtually a lock....
FreakNasty Wrote:I have yet to find a seven win team from any major conference not make a bowl game.... if you can find one please tell me.... six wins and your pushing it (especially if you have a losing record in conference), seven and your virtually a lock....
:thumpsup:
I believe Virginia won 7 games several years ago and didnt make it..Im not sure, but it seems like they were left out..
Man, I thought we would have end the streak today but it just keeps growing 23 years now, but we had our chances and didnt execute when we had them.Im proud of the Seniors and the rest of the team on having another winning season but it sucks to start out 6-0 and finish 7-5. Hopefully we win our bowl game! Go Cats!!!
FreakNasty Wrote:I have yet to find a seven win team from any major conference not make a bowl game.... if you can find one please tell me.... six wins and your pushing it (especially if you have a losing record in conference), seven and your virtually a lock....
Virginia went 7-4 in '88, '92, '97 without going bowling..and Syracuse went 7-4 in '94 without going bowling....those are some teams right off the top of my head..Im sure there's dozens more..but the '97 Virginia team seems like it was the last team in the "if you go .500, you go bowling" era to win 7 games in a major conference and not go to a bowl..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Virginia went 7-4 in '88, '92, '97 without going bowling..and Syracuse went 7-4 in '94 without going bowling....those are some teams right off the top of my head..Im sure there's dozens more..but the '97 Virginia team seems like it was the last team in the "if you go .500, you go bowling" era to win 7 games in a major conference and not go to a bowl..
But you also need to realize how many more bowls there are this year. I saw somewhere that described the selection process for SEC teams and who has to be picked before who. I'll try to find it again and let you guys know.
Uncle Buck Wrote:David got trucked, then took out the RB's knees to save the game, then got smoked on 1st and 10 from the 40 to give up the game winning TD in the 4th OT. Cats had it but I knew that they would find a way to lose the game. Maybe next year.

I don't think he got beat, just confusion between the safety and him. Either way, he played a great game, Belfry should be proud!
Beef Wrote:But you also need to realize how many more bowls there are this year. I saw somewhere that described the selection process for SEC teams and who has to be picked before who. I'll try to find it again and let you guys know.
yeah I know..thats what I was saying..theres no way UK doesnt go to a bowl..I was just saying that Virginia was the last major conference team to win 7 games and not go to a bowl. I think there are either 56 or 58 teams that play post season football. I think in '97 there were still around 50 teams, not sure of that though..but I think the SEC will send 9 teams to bowls, with UK goin to Nashville..
Gosh, what a heart breaker. It was very cold in the stands, but i stood cheering. Great effort from the Cats being down 7 to 27 at half I believe. I agree with the feild goal statement. They should of went for the 1st down instead of trying for the feild goal. The passing game was very good for the cats and wasn't getting stoped. The wildcats had the chance to win in regulation but the call to run it took some time off, if they hadn't tryed running it, i believe they could got 2 more throws. But congrats to the CATS on a wonderful season. the seniors will be missed very much. Hopefully the cats can take care of business next season..

CONGRATS TO THE WILDCATS ON A GREAT SEASON!!!
I love being right. I said they would lose 2 of the last 3 games and I was right. Woodson has been so so in those games and the running game has been non-existent. I dont blame it all on the players, I blame most of it if not all on the play calling and coaching. Like someone said earlier, they lost the game trying to play it safe by running the ball when they should have been throwing. What a joke of a coaching staff. I do feel bad for a few of the seniors but thats just a few. Woodson played bad, Little was ok but not the same Little as earlier in the season. But when you think about it, none of the players were the same in the later part of the schedule and thats because the teams were tougher like I said before. I also still say they got lucky beating LSU and Louisville.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Virginia went 7-4 in '88, '92, '97 without going bowling..and Syracuse went 7-4 in '94 without going bowling....those are some teams right off the top of my head..Im sure there's dozens more..but the '97 Virginia team seems like it was the last team in the "if you go .500, you go bowling" era to win 7 games in a major conference and not go to a bowl..

There were 10-12 less bowl games then.... I should have made my response my clear and added the more bowl games.... I am mainly refering to the post 2001 season when each team played 12 games (except for 2004 and 05 seasons)...
Woodson has to get rid of the ball, BURTON WAS SOOOOO OPEN IN OT!!!
Pages: 1 2