Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why Morehead State?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a question, might be kinda stupid but why is morehead called morehead St. I mean Morehead isn't a State like Arizonia St or North Carolina St. So why do they call morehead, Morehead State.?:confused:
My guess is that it's someone's name.
Maybe its a state school perhaps?? Not sure about that though, but here in KY you also have Murray State University.
NYY10 Wrote:Just a question, might be kinda stupid but why is morehead called morehead St. I mean Morehead isn't a State like Arizonia St or North Carolina St. So why do they call morehead, Morehead State.?:confused:

Alcorn State
Appalachian State
Ball State
Boise State
Chicago State
Cleveland State
Coppin State
Fresno State
Grambling State
Jackson State
Jacksonville State
Kennesaw State
Kent State
Long Beach State
McNeese State
Morgan State
Nicholls State
Nolfolk State
Northwestern State
Portland State
Sacramento State
Sam Houston State
San Diego State
San Jose State
Savannah State
Weber State
Wichita State
Winston-Salem State
Wright State
Youngstown State

I did not realize that there was that many!
All that means is that it is a state school that happens to be in the city of Morehead. It's not a pirvate college like Pikeville or Union, it is funded by the government.
clipperw Wrote:Maybe its a state school perhaps?? Not sure about that though, but here in KY you also have Murray State University.
This has to be the reasoning behind it.
Correct!
Wow, I totally misread the post. I thought you were asking why did they have the name "Morehead."
yea I didn't relize they where that many either, but yea i agree. Must be a state school thing!!
Yes, It is a state school thing.
Heck I go there and didn't know why! Interesting thread.
Wow, i actually post a thread that was pretty good...GOOD JOB 2 ME lol..
It used to be Morehead College until they reached University status in I think the 1970's.