Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UCLA 68 - Michigan State 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mich St had the lead the whole game untill the final few seconds thn ucla hit a 3 to take the lead.
In watching North Carolina, Michigan State, UCLA, Marquette, and a few others, it seems to me that UK still has a pretty large talent gap. The Love kid at UCLA comes in and dominates right from the start. The Gordon kid at Indiana averages around 25 or 30 right from the start. As good as Patterson looks at times, I don't see him impacting like some of these other freshmen. Tennessee looks WAY more athletic than we do. I'm more than a little concerned about the status of our program. Has UK become a good but not great program?
UK will be back on top...we ARE the best college program to ever step on the court...
I was rooting for Michigan St, only time I will too. But I cannot believe they let UCLA come away with the Win. They had the game won. Bad mistake from the Michigan state guy who shot the 3 at the end. He didn't have a shot,but took it and then airball it. Should of past it one more time..but congrats to UCLA on playing a hard fought game. And big congrats to Michigan State, very good team. Watch out for them!!
is Michigan State stepping up this year to play with a team like UCLA? are they ranked?
Michigan State has one of the top programs in the nation year in and year out. And yes, they are ranked 11th. I wouldn't be surprised to see these 2 face off in March.
Pupaw Wrote:Michigan State has one of the top programs in the nation year in and year out. And yes, they are ranked 11th. I wouldn't be surprised to see these 2 face off in March.

I agree, it was a pretty good game.I could see both of these teams making some noise and facing off again in March!
Not making excuses or anything, but I also feel that had Drew Neitzel been 100% (he played with a severe stomach virus, and did not start) that the outcome of the game may have been a little different. Just my opinion though.
Kevin Love is a horse down low and has been compared to Wes Unseld with his outlet pass.
I agree. Love is dominant in the post. He took a beating though in this game. I'd go as far to say that he shot around 20 free throws. It was a rough night for him, and he still managed a double-double.
thecavemaster Wrote:In watching North Carolina, Michigan State, UCLA, Marquette, and a few others, it seems to me that UK still has a pretty large talent gap. The Love kid at UCLA comes in and dominates right from the start. The Gordon kid at Indiana averages around 25 or 30 right from the start. As good as Patterson looks at times, I don't see him impacting like some of these other freshmen. Tennessee looks WAY more athletic than we do. I'm more than a little concerned about the status of our program. Has UK become a good but not great program?
I'm afraid that is what has beomce of UK basketball.