Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eddie Blair resigns as Football Coach at JCMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Article was in the Big Sandy News.

http://www.bigsandynews.com/
I tried to access story but you have to have a subscription.
Blair was a heck of a coach and one that I had always wanted to see get the head coaching job. Blair is a class act and I wish him nothing but happness. Now he can spend more time with the kids and his horses. Congrats to Blair on years of success
I believe this should be in the Middle School Forum
Well... that is interesting. I hate to see him go. I hear there are going to be some spots open around this area after this season, could he end up being a Head Coach someplace? I am sure he could...
I played for Coach Blair on the 1999 8th Grade Team. Blair was one heck of a coach and he will be missed. Good Luck to him and his Family.

Does anyone know who will be his replacement? :Thumbs:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I tried to access story but you have to have a subscription.
Blair was a heck of a coach and one that I had always wanted to see get the head coaching job. Blair is a class act and I wish him nothing but happness. Now he can spend more time with the kids and his horses. Congrats to Blair on years of success

Blair should have been given the opportunity to be the headcoach but Steve Trimble never gave him the respect he deserved. Maybe when Matney and Trimble are gone Blair will finally get his shot.
cooter Wrote:Blair should have been given the opportunity to be the headcoach but Steve Trimble never gave him the respect he deserved. Maybe when Matney and Trimble are gone Blair will finally get his shot.
So you're saying that Blair should've been hired over Matney or Coach Ross? I know Bill Tom didn't turn out as planned but if you look at his credentials when he was hired it was a good hire for JC but sadly he suffered a stroke shortly after taking the job.
Any word on who will be the JCMS coach next season?
I have been very fortunate to be around Coach Blair for many years now. I am very glad for him that he has the opportunity to be around his own kids more now. I firmly believe that if you asked any kid he has ever coached that they would say that he did everything in his power not just to make them better football players but to make them outstanding young men. Many times I have seen him give opportunities to kids to have an everlasting memory like scoring a touchdown that a lot of coaches would not have done. I have watched him take kids that were in bad situations and make them believe that they were somebody special. I could talk for days about what he has meant for the youth in Johnson County. No matter who takes over for Coach Blair they have some awfully big shoes to fill. Good luck to Coach in all that he does and good luck JCMS in the future.
This had been known for a while actually. He had told ppl this would be his last year but as far as a replacement idk...this is going to be a hot job.! I've heard they want Stewart Cook to coach the 8th grade.
I hope Coach Cook gets the job . I just don't know if Matney will let him. Cook would be the BEST choice that Mr. Adams could make.
cooter Wrote:Blair should have been given the opportunity to be the headcoach but Steve Trimble never gave him the respect he deserved. Maybe when Matney and Trimble are gone Blair will finally get his shot.
Coach Blair has been an excellent coach as I have seen him in the middle school football conference for several years now. He is a class act and will certainly be missed. I wasn't aware that he owned horses. Does he have a farm? Do he and his boys ride often?
Sorry bout that I meant to reply to this one.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I tried to access story but you have to have a subscription.
I'm learning.
I also played for Coach Blair and loved him as both a coach and a person. He is a person who truely cared about his players both on and off the field. He should have had the high school job my Senior year but instead they hired that joke from Missouri Coach Humphrey. That should have been his go.
Did they not find another coach to replace him?