Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #19 Tennessee at Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well folks might as well get it started. Last game of the season, Senior day, will be an emotional atmosphere at Commonwealth. Tennessee is coming off a dramatic win over Vanderbilt and UK is coming off yet another tough loss to a tough Georgia club. Theres a chance for UK to make history and end 22 years of frustration and losing. Going to be in attendance for this one and I cannot wait! Who else will be going? Last question what is everyones thoughts and predictions? I'll put my 2 cents in later in the week.
I'll take Kentucky by a Touchdown in the range of 35-28. I just think these seniors understand what this game means and really wants to be the ones to end the streak.

Only thing is, Tennessee is playing for the SECEast Title. If they win it's theirs. If they lose it's Georgia's!
This should be a good game... I think UK will win though!
Yea, i'll be there,right behind the field goal post again. The Seniors for KY will want to end the streak,so look for kentucky to take the win and show how good they really are..
Kentucky-36
Tennessee-33
Seniors play their butts of in their last game at Commonwealth. UK 24 UT 22
Last game for the seniors and I think they give it everything they have and win impressively. GO CATS!

Kentucky- 31
Tennessee- 14
Tennessee will win this one easy. Its going to be like I said before, they got lucky in the games they won against LSU, Louisville and probably even Vanderbilt. Woodson has shown his true colors as a choke artist and is not the leader everybody thought he was. UK football has never really been that good, bordering on the line of mediocrity and half decent and they will continue that trend long into the future, get used to it people. Now the basketball team is joining them, get used to that also.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Tennessee will win this one easy. Its going to be like I said before, they got lucky in the games they won against LSU, Louisville and probably even Vanderbilt. Woodson has shown his true colors as a choke artist and is not the leader everybody thought he was. UK football has never really been that good, bordering on the line of mediocrity and half decent and they will continue that trend long into the future, get used to it people. Now the basketball team is joining them, get used to that also.

Smile Negative much?
Dang kill a man when hes down! :ChairHit:

Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Tennessee will win this one easy. Its going to be like I said before, they got lucky in the games they won against LSU, Louisville and probably even Vanderbilt. Woodson has shown his true colors as a choke artist and is not the leader everybody thought he was. UK football has never really been that good, bordering on the line of mediocrity and half decent and they will continue that trend long into the future, get used to it people. Now the basketball team is joining them, get used to that also.
I say Tennessee wins. There is just something about Florida and Tennessee that Kentucky just can't handle. This year was the best chance of beating Florida in a long time, but were unable to do it. Same goes for Tennessee. Kentucky will probably have the lead most of the game, but another bluegrass miracle will happen and UK will fall short by 2.
I'm pulling for the Cats in this one. But I don't know if they can win it. But, I hope the Cats can pull another win out!!! Go Cats!!!!!
awesome game! uk will win!!! go big blue.
Kentucky is going to their second straight bowl game, coming out of the toughest conference in the nation. From where they've been, and with the players they are now recruiting, I think a bowl game most every year is quite an achievement.
Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the Cats will come out on top in Commonwealth! GO CATS!
In games past I've said the cats were playing to make a statement, but this game they need to play for respect. A win against the Vols would be a step closer to gaining back some of the respect the have lost.
let me just say this.

please win one cats!
Well I'm gonna go with the cats in this one...hopefully my presence in Commonwealth will have an impact on 'em...hahaha.

Cats - 31
Vols - 21
This will tell the story of this season...This is the game since week 3 that all us fans have been ultimately been waiting for...Last season the chocked what will happen this season can we make it happen who knows it will be one of those sit on the edge of your seats because who knows whats going to happen...Tennessee's offense has a tough rushing attack....They are big up front...If your Kentucky you need to hit there front 5 in the mouth each and every play clog the gaps and cause Ainge to make plays...Our secondary is good enough to defend the pass against UT. I think it will all depend on can we get a good push up front on both sides of the ball that is what hurt us in every one of our losses but is what has won every game for us this season. Woodson has got to step up after his embarrassing performances for the last 4 or 5 games...Its now or never Cats will we step up and make ourselves heard or will we fold...

I will be at the game sitting in the West Endzone...then heading to the basketball game later on that night...GO CATS.
K..I so hate to see this because SO BAD do i want for UK to take this one..But I have a feeling that UT will come to play..UT-48 UK-30
If...Then Wrote:let me just say this.

please win one cats!

Well we have already won seven so its not like we are having one of those seasons when Lorenzon and Boyd where undercenter.

Are you kidding? Did you even pay attention to the games the past couple weeks? If there was any team that was lucky to beat Vanderbilt, it was Tennessee, not Kentucky. Or did you not know that the Vols were down 15 to Vanderbilt in the fourth quarter, and had to sweat out a last second FG by Vandy's kicker that just clanked off the upright?

As for Woodson, he may have had a couple bad outings the last few games, but I would still take him over Eric Ainge any day. Woodson has better stats, and was also able to lead his team on game-winning drives against Louisville, Arkansas, and the nation's best team, LSU.

Tennessee may very well win this game, but it won't be easy. If UK was able to stay close in games with LSU, Florida, and Georgia, I'm pretty sure they can keep it close with Tennessee. UK seems to be limping to the finish line, but I believe they can muster enough on Senior Day to beat the dreaded Volunteers.

Kentucky 31
Tennessee 27
Talking about two teams coming ready to play. Kentucky has lost 3 of their last 4, and is looking to end the regular season on a big note, but they will have to end the 22 game losing streak against an improved Tennessee squad from last year. You know Woodson, Tamme, Burton, Little, and Woodyard will come to play will want to perform well in their last game in Lexington. Tennessee on the other hand is looking to become to the first team not named Florida or Georgia to represent the SEC East in a long time, and the only way for them to do so is by beating Kentucky, so you know they too will be coming to play. So much at stake for both of these teams. For Kentucky, it's gaining back some national respect, and proving that Brooks has worked miracles with that program. For Tennessee, a SEC Title birth, and possibly a BCS Bowl birth. I'm pumped for this game, and have been for months. I look for UK's defense to play big against Ainge, but I do see Foster having a big game. However, I see Woodson off-setting Foster and leading UK to yet another 4th quarter drive.

Tennessee - 35
Kentucky - 38
UK-34
Tenn-28
blackcat_student Wrote:Well we have already won seven so its not like we are having one of those seasons when Lorenzon and Boyd where undercenter.

You put lorenzen on a team like Tennessee or a team wher he can sit in the pocket and he wins you a national title!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:You put lorenzen on a team like Tennessee or a team wher he can sit in the pocket and he wins you a national title!
I loved Lorenzon too..one of the most fun players to ever wear the blue and white..say what you will about him, he was a gamer.....as far as the prediction.. I'd rather bow out gracefully than predict a UT win. Lets just say, that Im NOT picking Kentucky to win. And the score will be 38-27. I hope Im wrong. Nothing will make me Big Grin more than UK handing UT their butts. And seeing Phil Fulmer get hit with thousands of car batteries thrown at him by Tennessee fans. But I just have a bad feeling that Tennessee will be ready to bust it open full throttle because of the SEC East race..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I loved Lorenzon too..one of the most fun players to ever wear the blue and white..say what you will about him, he was a gamer.....as far as the prediction.. I'd rather bow out gracefully than predict a UT win. Lets just say, that Im NOT picking Kentucky to win. And the score will be 38-27. I hope Im wrong. Nothing will make me Big Grin more than UK handing UT their butts. And seeing Phil Fulmer get hit with thousands of car batteries thrown at him by Tennessee fans. But I just have a bad feeling that Tennessee will be ready to bust it open full throttle because of the SEC East race..

You gotta love a 300 lb qb. J-load, Hefty Lefty, Battleship Lorenzen, Pillsburythrowboy, J-LO(on a side note he is a back up for the NY Giants.)

But back to the UK game. Im gonna go with UK with a big pick in the 4th or a fumble to put UK in good scoring postion. 34-27.
Kentucky 28
Tennessee 21
Kentucky-24
Tennessee-21
hey does any one want to meet up at the field??
Pages: 1 2