Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (8) Georgia 24 (22) Kentucky 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!

Kentucky made plays on both sides of the ball but they didn't make them when it mattered most. Woodson had around 260 yards 1td 1int.

Next game versus Tennessee.
Woodson didn't look good today. He missed a lot of open receivers and I don't know what he was thinking when he didn't throw that ball away. Tough loss on the road, but Georgia is on fire right now.

We'll get Tennessee next week though.
Losing to one of the best teams in the country on their turf by that margin, shows how good the cats are.A rare year when our football team is more talented than our basketball team,
catwoman Wrote:Losing to one of the best teams in the country on their turf by that margin, shows how good the cats are.A rare year when our football team is more talented than our basketball team,

IMO, Kentucky should have won this game. They came out and had control of the first quarter and in the second the two teams balanced out, but UK's defense made enough plays for the Cats to win, its just that the offense didn't make the plays when needed.
Your right,,they should have won!!!
alfus21 Wrote:Woodson didn't look good today. He missed a lot of open receivers and I don't know what he was thinking when he didn't throw that ball away. Tough loss on the road, but Georgia is on fire right now.

We'll get Tennessee next week though.

Me either man, I think that really killed us when we would have been 4th and 4 we could have aleast got 3 out of that and would have gave us a lil momentum.
catwoman Wrote:Losing to one of the best teams in the country on their turf by that margin, shows how good the cats are.A rare year when our football team is more talented than our basketball team,

lol...one of the best teams in the country...Ha, we beat the best team in the country. We should have beaten Georgia...I'm dissapointed.
I have to agree, Woodson looked awful today.
Woodson played like crap horrible mistake by not throwing the ball away
WOODSON NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE BALL!!!!! The line can't block all day and night, if the receivers aren't open, then just throw it away!
UK at the first of the season would start out really slow in the first half. Then all of a sudden in the 2nd half they would come out like a wildfire. Now it seems like they come out in the 1st half, take control of the game and the tempo and just outplay everyone. But when it gets to the second half, they look dead to the world, like they don't even want to be there and it showed against Georgia yesterday. Woodson's only problem is staying in the pocket too long. I agree with everyone just throw the ball away if under pressure like that, and Woodson was all the 2nd half. Two totally different teams yesterday, and UGA just ran all over them in the 2nd half as well with the duel threat of Thomas Brown and Knowshon Moreno. Last game next week as we welcome in the much hated Vols! Can't wait for this one!
First off I must say I was very impressed with the UK defense yesterday. They played well most of the game and gave us a great chance to beat a top 10 team. For one thing, the defense forced 4 turnovers, none bigger than on the very first drive, when Georgia seemed poised to score on a drive set up by a huge kickoff return. They also held Matthew Stafford, who had been playing well lately, to under 100 yards passing for the game. Also, all but one of the Georgia scores came when the Dawgs were able to begin with good field position, with their scoring coming on drives of 80, 19, 53, and 16 yards. If they play like this against Tennessee next week, we will have no excuse not to win.

The offense, on the other hand, continues to disappoint. Woodson had yet another off-day, both with overthrowing open receivers, and with continuing his bad habit of eating sacks rather than throwing the ball away. It sounds as if Brooks ripped him a new one for taking that 18-yard sack after he had at first eluded the defender's grasp. His poor decision changed a 33 yard FG attempt into a 51 yarder, which is unfortunately just out of Seiber's range. And that pass to Tamme that just went off his fingertips in the fourth quarter would likely have gone the distance, and could have potentially tied the game.

Finally, as for the special teams, yuck. This unit was anything but special after they gave up a huge kickoff return and allowed a punt to get blocked. And Masthay had probably the worst day I can ever remember him having as a punter. He ended up with a 35.3 average, which would've been worse if not for some very friendly rolls on a couple of punts.

Another frustrating day in which only one side of the ball showed up ready to play. UK is good enough to beat Georgia, but just couldn't make any big plays on offense. Here's hoping that Senior Day against Tennessee will be enough to get them fired up and ready to make some history...
what is wrong with us!
very depressing game to watch! Seemed like the opposite of whats happened most of the year, the offense played terrible and the defense looked pretty good for the most part.