Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leonard Washington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Mr. Marc Maggard, LW has been CLEARED by the NCAA clearinghouse and could be available for play THIS season, ala Ramon Harris a year ago. Acoording to Maggard, LW and his people have contacted the University of Kentucky. Folks, this could be huge news for the young, front-court laden cats. Washington would be the best offensive post player on our team, and in the SEC eastern division as well. It would be absolutely HUGE for the Cats if he came in and played this season...huge...

Also, dont freak out, but he is only 6'6 225, ***...Former ***** and top 10 player, but he stopped growing and had academic troubles, thats why he dropped. This would be the steal of the century for the cats.
Bump...does nobody care or do people just not understand the magnitude of this!!?!!?!?
I care, but I just don't know enough about him to get excited just yet.
alfus21 Wrote:I care, but I just don't know enough about him to get excited just yet.

Same here.
Who is he? I thought Leonard Washington was one of Dave Chappells characters...lol
vundy33 Wrote:Who is he? I thought Leonard Washington was one of Dave Chappells characters...lol

Here is you answer,

corndog23 Wrote:Also, dont freak out, but he is only 6'6 225, ***...Former ***** and top 10 player, but he stopped growing and had academic troubles, thats why he dropped. This would be the steal of the century for the cats.
Yes he is short, but he was a 5 star who verballed to i belive USC, im nearly positive. He is a big body as was Big Baby Glenn Davis. If we have both he and pat down low it could be a vast improvement down low.
Never heard about him but any addition to Kentucky would help at this point.
Looks like its down to UK and the University of Southern Calfiornia. USC was were he originally committed back when he was in high school, and when it looked like he would not qualify, then they dropped his offer. Things look pretty solid for UK to add this good post player for this season...we will probably know something Monday is my guess.
Is he supposed to play PF or SF?
Here is a video of how good he actually is.

http://uschoops.tv/lwashusctv.html

I was very skeptic about him at first, but since watching this video he looks like he could be one of the better recruits Kentucky has had in awhile.
According to a lot of people on Cats Pause his awaited answer is coming this week, supposedly monday.

Also, Ole Miss is in their, but mainly choice is UK and then USC.