Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Singleton Signs with the Seminoles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confirmed...He's going to Florida State.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=739501
Yeah The fact that his aau coach was his guardian and his son also signed with fsu didn't help at all. I figured Kentucky didn't stand much chance influence was a big key here imo.

I hope Kentucky can land the big #1 center( Daniel Orton )for 09. And the top point guard (John wall).
His reasoning for going to FSU was that Hamilton (FSU coach) had experience in the NBA and that was his goal. I'm sure Singleton isn't aware that Hamilton went 19-63 in one season in the NBA. But, if that's the choice he wants to make, then I hope he has fun not being recognized.
BCF4L Wrote:His reasoning for going to FSU was that Hamilton (FSU coach) had experience in the NBA and that was his goal. I'm sure Singleton isn't aware that Hamilton went 19-63 in one season in the NBA. But, if that's the choice he wants to make, then I hope he has fun not being recognized.
I'm sure he knew his record in the NBA, but that being said he still coached in the NBA. And as for not being recognized, Florida State is on the brink of being a top 25 year in and year out. The have been getting great recruits with Hamilton and he has had his contract extended to give more time to rebuild the program. At FSU he is joing a recruiting class that features 3 4-stars and 2 3-stars. That isn't to bad for being in the same area as Florida and battling with and winning against Programs such as UNC, Maryland, and UK. This guy is not the first to choose Tally-ho over the bluegrass. As for recognition name a UK player that had more attention last year than Al Thorton (LAC, National player of the year candidate, first team All-ACC. Pre-season All American) or 3 years ago as Von Wafer (LAL, left school after Sophomore year) , or for that matter Alexander Johnson (Grizzles, left school as a JR). The team is coming along, but the players at the school are already at a very high level. So for having fun not beingrecognized, I'm sure he willhave fun when he is playing at the next level after 3-4 years under Coach Hamilton. The future is bright at FSU and this is another great addition!!
Florida State is a nobody in college basketball, and always will be.

But, I can see two reasons for him to sign with them. One, his best friend had already decided to go with FSU earlier in the week. Two, he will probably be the best player on the team and will end up with better stats his freshman year. An ideal situation for him if he plans on being one-and-done.
More Cowbell Wrote:Florida State is a nobody in college basketball, and always will be.

But, I can see two reasons for him to sign with them. One, his best friend had already decided to go with FSU earlier in the week. Two, he will probably be the best player on the team and will end up with better stats his freshman year. An ideal situation for him if he plans on being one-and-done.
1972 NCAA Runner-ups. The program was there and can be again. Never say Never. What about the people who said UK will always be a nobody in Football?
Panther Thunder Wrote:1972 NCAA Runner-ups. The program was there and can be again. Never say Never. What about the people who said UK will always be a nobody in Football?

They say every dog has his day, and apparently FSU's was in 1972. What have they ever done since then? Other than making a few NCAA tournaments, not much.

As for the UK football team, to me the jury's still out on that one. I am as big a UK fan as anybody on here, but I'm not quite ready to say we've permanently arrived based just on last year and this one. The Cats need to string together several good seasons in a row before they can be considered a "somebody."
Great pickup for FSU! Not shocked!
This didn't surprise me at all, I was expecting this. But it would've been nice to have some kind of size and scoring on UK.