Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marshall 60 Pikeville 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good showing by the bears
Yes, I thought Marshall would stomp them. Good job Bears.
I thought that Pikeville showed some bright spots against UK. Seems to me like they won't have that bad of a year at all in NAIA.
Congrats Herd!

Looks like Pikeville give them all they could handle... Congrats Bears!
Any stats for the big guy for Pville?
Not bad Bears....Congrats Herd
If Pikeville would have played like they can play, they would have won this game. It seems like they had hands of stone or something. To many turnovers by everyone. But there was some bright spots in the game, it looked like their free throw shooting was better.
corndog23 Wrote:Any stats for the big guy for Pville?
Ferguson had 10 points...He was in foul trouble part of the night and fouled out with about 4 minutes to go.
He was called for a couple of phantom calls.
Starters
W. Harris - 13 points, 7 boards
Ferguson - 10 points, 4 boards
Linton - 7 points
H. Johnson - 6 points, 9 assist
Hicks - 6 points,

Ighodaro - 7 points off the bench

TURNOVERS: 23 (J Case 1, H Johnson 5, J Ferguson 1, J Hicks 5, W Harris 4, J Litzinger 1, T Wolfenbarker 3, E Linton 3)
BLOCKED SHOTS: 0
STEALS: 5 (J Ferguson 1, W Harris 2, A Ighodaro 1, E Linton 1)
3-PT FGS: 4-13, .308 (H Johnson 0-3, J Hicks 2-5, W Harris 1-3, A Ighodaro 1-1, A Simmons 0-1)

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=273170276
I think the Bears gained some respect last night. Just read the game recap from the Huntington Herald-Dispatch...

Give Pikeville College credit. The Bears can play basketball. They're big, athletic and well-coached. But, also give credit to the Marshall University men's team. Marshall made free throws when they were needed most, clamped down defensively when necessary and put the ball in its star player's hands at the right time in a 60-49 season-opening defeat of its NAIA opponent Tuesday night in Cam Henderson Center.

Things got tense with 6:34 left to play after Pikeville fired in three consecutive three-point shots to creep within 44-42.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x1158840052