Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK out of SEC Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If my understanding of the Standings are correct, there is no chance that UK will be playing the Atlanta in a couple of weeks.

Currently the Cats stand at 3-3 in the SEC. If they win out, that would put them at 5-3, along with UGA and Florida and possibly Tennessee. Although they would beat UT and UGA in the tie breaker, their loss to Florida keeps them out. UF has not more conference games so therefore UK can't make it to the state of Georgia twice in 2007.

But winning out would still put the Cats in a GREAT bowl!!! :Cheerlead
Beef Wrote:If my understanding of the Standings are correct, there is no chance that UK will be playing the Atlanta in a couple of weeks.

Currently the Cats stand at 3-3 in the SEC. If they win out, that would put them at 5-3, along with UGA and Florida and possibly Tennessee. Although they would beat UT and UGA in the tie breaker, their loss to Florida keeps them out. UF has not more conference games so therefore UK can't make it to the state of Georgia twice in 2007.

But winning out would still put the Cats in a GREAT bowl!!! :Cheerlead

yup,your right our Cats dont got a chance at the SEC Championship but lets just hope they win out and they'll get into a good bowl and win that, but 9 wins in the reg. season I would be very pleased.If we do beat UGA and Tenn and get 9 reg season wins which bowl do you see us getting?
MVP2 Wrote:yup,your right our Cats dont got a chance at the SEC Championship but lets just hope they win out and they'll get into a good bowl and win that, but 9 wins in the reg. season I would be very pleased.If we do beat UGA and Tenn and get 9 reg season wins which bowl do you see us getting?

If we go 2-0 now, we will go to the Capital One Bowl or maybe the Outback Bowl.

If we go 1-1, we'll probably go to the Chick Fil' A Peach Bowl.

If we go 0-2 we'll go to Nashville or Memphis.
MVP2 Wrote:yup,your right our Cats dont got a chance at the SEC Championship but lets just hope they win out and they'll get into a good bowl and win that, but 9 wins in the reg. season I would be very pleased.If we do beat UGA and Tenn and get 9 reg season wins which bowl do you see us getting?

If the Cats win out I expect they would end up in the Outback Bowl. The Capital One would be more prestigious, but I believe they would take a 9-win Georgia or a 9-win Florida ahead of a 9-win UK, just based on the name and tradition.

If they take a split to finish 8-4, I expect they will end up in the Peach Bowl, with Tennessee going ahead of us in the pecking order.

If they drop them both, they will likely return to the Music City or possibly the Liberty bowl. However, I could see a scenario where they end up in the Independence, if South Carolina beats Clemson to finish 7-5 also. You could have them, UK, Arkansas, and either Alabama or Auburn all with the same record, and we would probably be the least attractive team out of that group.
I hate it that we don't get a chance at the SEC championship. But we had a really good year. It would be awesome to win out and go to a good bowl game. I believe in the Cats and hope they do good. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can still tie for the east if we win out because Florida and Georgia are done with their conf games after this week.

It would be real nice to see UK in the Capital One Bowl

I'll take the Outback too

UK fans will travel in droves and the bowls want the Cats...Now Kentucky can control which one they go to
BelfryPride Wrote:We can still tie for the east if we win out because Florida and Georgia are done with their conf games after this week.

It would be real nice to see UK in the Capital One Bowl

I'll take the Outback too

UK fans will travel in droves and the bowls want the Cats...Now Kentucky can control which one they go to
We can tie for the East but we wont share in the win because Florida beat us heads up. there fore they go ahead of us.
Amun-Ra Wrote:We can tie for the East but we wont share in the win because Florida beat us heads up. there fore they go ahead of us.

Correct...The best the cats can do is finish 2nd, tied with Florida for the best overall record in the SEC East. At this point, shooting the Capitol One Bowl is the ultimate goal.
Like Rich Brooks said, he wanted this team to make a difference this season in the SEC and boy did they ever. Might not have a shot at the title game but the SEC hasn't been any crazier than it has been this season, the SEC east that is.
Well, what if Florida loses the rest of their SEC games and we win out? What will that do?
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well, what if Florida loses the rest of their SEC games and we win out? What will that do?

Florida doesnt have anymore SEC games.
MVP2 Wrote:Florida doesnt have anymore SEC games.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I was just wondering.