Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Need Computer Help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I've got some problems and have had it for over a month now...

1) Computer takes 3+ minutes to shut down.
2) Sometimes a blue screen will appear and say physical dump of memory, and says the cause can be new installed software (Haven't downloaded or installed in anything in forever).
3) Sometimes everything will maximize in size.

Now I've ran Crap Cleaner, Spybot, and Norton Anti-Virus and nothing out of the way shows up... Anything tips on what I should do?
Have you defrag you're computer?
launchpad4 Wrote:Have you defrag you're computer?

To be honest I don't know what you mean. Care to explain?
Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter
Thanks.
I would run Scan Disk and maybe delete all of your Cookies and Temporary Internet Files. I would also start saving anything on there to disk in case the blue screen becomes permanent.
If its the blue screen of death that means your hard drive is close to death! or defective. Might have to reinstall your OS (windows xp)(vista) whatever you have. If its just a screen that occurs not to often then I would just defragment your (C: drive)
There is a new virus software called (ad-aware) you can download it and use the scan now option free, if you want to do autoscans and updates though you will have to buy it. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php It seems to find alot of the bugs on my computer that nortons and other programs miss. Just in case it doesn't find your problem.I would suggest that any important pics,documents or anything else you are afraid of losing, back it up on disk or flash drives. If your getting that screen you may be getting ready to lose everything.
Well if your getting the almighty blue screen of death its most likely a memory problem. Might want to check out your ram, if worst case scenario you might have to reformat your hard disk drive and put a fresh operating system on it, since it could be a corrupted install of your OS.
Reinstall windows and you should be fine. Sounds as if your hard drive is crashing. I have fixed a few hard drives that have crashed the same way. If you need any help pm me I am a pc tech I can give you some tips on fixing your pc.
CraftCreeker Wrote:Well if your getting the almighty blue screen of death its most likely a memory problem. Might want to check out your ram, if worst case scenario you might have to reformat your hard disk drive and put a fresh operating system on it, since it could be a corrupted install of your OS.

That method is almost 9 times out of 10 the problem in most cases!