Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Guy Morriss Out at Baylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guy Morriss will not be retained as Baylor's football coach after this season. Morriss brought the Bears back to respectability by leading them to competitive, albeit losing seasons the past two years. But an 18-38 record in five years, plus an inability to lead Baylor to a bowl game, convinced school officials that a change is needed. Sources said former Baylor legend Mike Singletary will be among the top candidates to replace Morriss. Morriss was the former coach at Kentucky before exiting to Baylor with the Cats replacing him with Rich Brooks.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/226099.html
I don't blame them, plus I don't know why he would leave UK after the season he had with them in '02. But he did open the door for Rich Brooks which isn't such a bad thing after all.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't blame them, plus I don't know why he would leave UK after the season he had with them in '02. But he did open the door for Rich Brooks which isn't such a bad thing after all.

Morriss is from Texas, probably wanted to be closer to home by being at Baylor. Plus, UK was under sanctions at the time and Baylor is in the Big 12. In actually, at the time, going to Baylor was a step-up from being at doormat Kentucky.
True ^^^
Thank God for unanswered prayers!! Brooks has turned out to be much more than Morris would have been and who would have thunk it at the time!!