Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rick Scruggs 15 Minutes of Fame...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The former Pikeville College coach and giantslayer now with Gardner-Webb has being on the interview circuit this morning. Caught him on ESPN2's First Take and not once, but twice, Pikeville College got a shout-out over-the-airwaves. Once from Scruggs, when he was responding to a question about how much the win meant to him personally. He said coaching at Pikeville College, you knew how big basketball was in Kentucky, especially with the Wildcats and that coaching at Rupp Arena is what any coach would strive to do. Later, Jay Crawford reinterated the fact that Scruggs had ties to Pikeville College, acknowledging the program to Skip Bayless and the others with 1st & 10.
I know Scruggs from his days in Pikeville...Great storyteller and Good person.
I'm glad for him...he'll get more than 15 minutes out of this since now they are playing in NYC next week.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, I also knew him from his days in Pikeville. It's just a shame his big night had to happen at the expense of our Wildcats...
In the post game interview he seemed to be a nice guy. Hope they do good in the Garden!
I hope his team atleast beats one of the other big teams left.
congrats to him on a great win
I remember Scruggs at Pikeville College but had forgotten. He coached Bart Williams the year he scored about a million points! His offense was fun to watch...unless it was against the big blue!