Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gardner-Webb 84 - (22) Kentucky 68 (2K Sports Classic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final! Embarrassing!
I can't believe this!!!
Wow...Unreal..I really cant believe this!
Woah? Is this for real? :confused:
This is so embarassing. First mid major to come into Lexington and beat UK since 2001. I don't know what to think about this one! I know one thing Gillispie will absolutely run them into the ground tomorrow. Gardner-Webb just out hustled and out played the Cats in every aspect of the game tonight. Congrats to the Bulldogs on a monumental victory and they move on to the Garden next week.
This Garden-Webb team was very agressive and it took UK out of any offense they had planned. The defense allowed numerous back door baskets and easy break-away layups. But its gonna be a tough week of practice for those boys in blue!
I didnt get to watch the game tonight, do to me going out and playin ball tonight, What happen to the Cats getting blownout by GW..I just cant believe this! I was rlly looking forward to playing Memphis!
This might bring up some bad times, but Tubby never lost to teams like this. But can't blame this on the coaches,the poor shooting from the team and play from Crawford, meeks,stevenson, and coury did the cats in.

STARTERS MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
P. Patterson, F 32 5-9 2-2 4 12 1 1 12
M. Coury, F 22 1-2 0-0 3 4 0 2 2
R. Bradley, G 40 4-11 14-14 0 4 3 4 24
J. Meeks, G 30 4-15 0-0 1 2 1 1 9
M. Porter, G 9 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 5 0
BENCH MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
J. Crawford, G 25 2-10 0-0 1 1 2 3 4
P. Stevenson, F 20 2-4 0-0 0 3 0 2 4
A. Legion, G 16 4-7 2-4 1 2 1 4 13
A. Stewart, NA 6 0-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 0
This is terrible I was looking forward to this season but after this? I don't know what to believe in anymore, seems like Kentucky basketball isn't what it use to be.
Billy G needs to dig out a CD by Kenny G and grab a bottle of Makers and try to forget this disaster. Nightmare pure and simple....
Sadly it is real and totally unfrickinbelievable. The way I see it after this game is people need to get used to this. We will lose to UNC, Indiana, Louisville and whoever else shows more heart and plays harder. Bradley is a joke as point guard, heck he is a joke as a player. I dont care if he did score 24, that means nothing. Look how bad he shot from the field and the stupid plays he made. The problem I see is too many egos on this team. Between Bradley, Meeks who thinks hes a superstar after last season, and Crawford who is and has been terrible since hes been at UK, I cant figure out who has the bigger ego. Patterson played as good as he could, Gardner Webb doubled him and played him physically, it was hard for him to do anything. One other thing, Alfus buddy, as much as it pains me to say this, I think you were right. Oh, and what is the deal with Coach smiling at the end like this didnt mean anything. UK isnt supposed to lose to teams like this, and he stands there like its nothing. He needs a lesson in UK history. I guess all of Tubby's bad recruiting is catching up to UK as his players didnt do hardly anything. Patterson was as good as possible, and Legion hit some big shots but that was it. The rest of the team sucked big time.
GW's first win ever over a ranked team. If you all have seen any highlights of the game on ESPN you would have been able to tell things were going their way all night. Some of the shots that fell were rediculous. Ah, Liberty is on the way on Nov. 23 hopefully they'll get their stuff right by then.
The Freshman play from Patterson and Legion was impressive.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Billy G needs to dig out a CD by Kenny G and grab a bottle of Makers and try to forget this disaster. Nightmare pure and simple....
:lmao:
Patterson looked like a beast once again, double double on the night, they need to get him the ball more. The oop off the out of bounds throw in was very nice, thought UK could spring something off of that momentum but GW was too much for them tonight.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Sadly it is real and totally unfrickinbelievable. The way I see it after this game is people need to get used to this. We will lose to UNC, Indiana, Louisville and whoever else shows more heart and plays harder. Bradley is a joke as point guard, heck he is a joke as a player. I dont care if he did score 24, that means nothing. Look how bad he shot from the field and the stupid plays he made. The problem I see is too many egos on this team. Between Bradley, Meeks who thinks hes a superstar after last season, and Crawford who is and has been terrible since hes been at UK, I cant figure out who has the bigger ego. Patterson played as good as he could, Gardner Webb doubled him and played him physically, it was hard for him to do anything. One other thing, Alfus buddy, as much as it pains me to say this, I think you were right. Oh, and what is the deal with Coach smiling at the end like this didnt mean anything. UK isnt supposed to lose to teams like this, and he stands there like its nothing. He needs a lesson in UK history. I guess all of Tubby's bad recruiting is catching up to UK as his players didnt do hardly anything. Patterson was as good as possible, and Legion hit some big shots but that was it. The rest of the team sucked big time.
This is the shape Tubby left us in and thank Rupp that he's finally gone. UK has 2 great players. Legion and Patterson. The rest besides the walk-ons are are all Tubby's players. This team may be terrible this year and we have Tubby to thank for that.:mad:
The world is still turning.

Anybody who didn't think there was going to be a major rebuilding process after running off Tubby was naive. It doesn't matter who the coach is now. We got what most UK fans asked for. Its going to take a while. Live with it.
I'll live with it. Big Grin I'm just glad we're not on probabtion and I hope and believe we'll be better than a 10-10 team come Tourney time. Still makes me mad though.
I didn't get to watch the game tonight due to previous arrangements.

I'll say this. This loss sucks, and it sucks bad but this happens a lot. Gardner Webb is not a good team. This is not Tubby's fault, or Billy G's fault. These things will happen.

I think expectations were once again unrealistic this season as always. I still feel as if this team has great potential to be really good but they have to want it.

This program was not left in that of shape from last season. We won these games last year but we also had Morris in the paint.

Like I said, these types of things happen at every program. They will happen this year, and they will happen every year.

No big deal. We'll pack up and move on to the next game as always, and hope for the best.
I didn't watch the game, just checked the site for updates, but it sounds like they play pretty heartless. No excuses for this one.
I have to think about this loss for a while...right now I hate UK. It hurts so bad.
GRIZZ Wrote:I would just like to thank the person that deleted my post about BCG and the smile he was displaying towards the end of the game:Thumbs: Rolleyes

Bypassing the word filter is not permitted. Feel free to take it up with a mod/administrator in a PM.

But from what I read Coach Gillispie never got into the game or really fired up like he cared.

Seems kind of strange but we still have a long season to go.
Hornet Nation Wrote:This might bring up some bad times, but Tubby never lost to teams like this. But can't blame this on the coaches,the poor shooting from the team and play from Crawford, meeks,stevenson, and coury did the cats in.

STARTERS MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
P. Patterson, F 32 5-9 2-2 4 12 1 1 12
M. Coury, F 22 1-2 0-0 3 4 0 2 2
R. Bradley, G 40 4-11 14-14 0 4 3 4 24
J. Meeks, G 30 4-15 0-0 1 2 1 1 9
M. Porter, G 9 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 5 0
BENCH MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
J. Crawford, G 25 2-10 0-0 1 1 2 3 4
P. Stevenson, F 20 2-4 0-0 0 3 0 2 4
A. Legion, G 16 4-7 2-4 1 2 1 4 13
A. Stewart, NA 6 0-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Tubby lost to UAB in the first round of the tournament.....To me that's worse than a loss to Gardner Webb on November 7th.......The Cats played with no heart tonight, seemed that everytime we gained momentum Gardner Webb would hit a big shot or we would turn the ball over....It hurt's thats for sure, but it's early in the season.....The next game won't be until the 21st of November, you can guarantee the kinks will be worked out by then
Just got home from the game. This was a horrible, and embarrassing performance from UK, they where never in game. I dont know if this was due to the practice schedule and the game last night, or if UK is just that bad. Kentucky is very fortunate they didnt get beat worse than they did, Gardner Webb out played UK in every aspect of the game.

Patterson looked good, he had a double double 12 points, 12 rebounds. Legion also looked good. The rest of the team, well, I think the final score really tells it all.

Hopefully UK will have things worked out before there next game.
blackcat Wrote:I didn't watch the game, just checked the site for updates, but it sounds like they play pretty heartless. No excuses for this one.

Heartless or tired maybe.

BCG practiced them yesterday for two hours, then they had to play a game. And then he made them practice for another 2 hours before the game tonight.

They were running on fumes if you ask me.
I'm a Tubby fan, but first and foremost i'm a UK fan, it is going to take a while. When you walk into a situation like Billy G. did you have to make some unpopular decisions. I think there is definitely a method to his madness. I believe he will have them where we all expect as soon as he gets his type of players there.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Heartless or tired maybe.

BCG practiced them yesterday for two hours, then they had to play a game. And then he made them practice for another 2 hours before the game tonight.

They were running on fumes if you ask me.

It's all part of the system Billy G is trying to run......It's going to take time for these players to adjust.....They're switching from a slow "Tubby" ball to more of a fast paced game with more intense practices......His coaching reminds me a lot of Denny Crum....He wouldn't lose very many games each year, but most of the ones he lost would be during the beginning of the season.....There's gonna be a few hard losses at first, and "fans" will bash Gillespie and say stuff like "we want tubby back" (i heard that on several occasions last night.....ridiculous) but give the team time to adjust to this style.....I'm sure he was just as intense with practices at Texas A&M and they turned out just fine.......****es me off when "fans" think just because we have hired a new coach that things will be fine overnight! And then we lose a game and it's the end of the world! It's November 8th! Give it time!
Give UK time, they are learning a new system and trying to get used to a new coach. By tourney time they will be awesome, wait and see.
I want tubby back
thats not crazy to think that.............. Tubby Smith would never lose to Gardner Webb
Billy gillispie is going to have to start coaching instead of just sitting there. He subs players at a outrageous rate for messing up but he never takes ramel bradley out of the game and all he does is mess up.
billy G needs to remember nobody ever gave texas a&m their best game **** it wasnt no major feet to beat texas a&m ........... who did he ever play outside the big 12 conf. go back and look ...................Uk gets everybodys best effort from the players to the coaches he better recognize that or he willbe out of in about 2 to 3 yrs.
Pages: 1 2