Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (22) Kentucky 67 Central Arkansas 40 - 2K Sports Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Crawford lead the Cats coming off the bench tonight with 20 points.

Also Coury had an double-double tonight!
Final... Kentucky's offense didn't play that great, but the defense was awesome. Joe Crawford had a real good game along with Mark Coury. Congrats Cats.

Kentucky is home tomorrow night against Gardner-Webb at 9 p.m. on ESPNU.
Kentucky played very sloppy at times, and the pace of the game wasnt quite what I thought it would be. But I cant complain too much about a 27 point win.

Crawford and Coury had great games. Hope they can keep that up. It's nice to see Crawford playing so well, and playing with confidence.
who looked the best for the CATS? I wasn't able to watch the game
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Kentucky played very sloppy at times, and the pace of the game wasnt quite what I thought it would be. But I cant complain too much about a 27 point win.

Crawford and Coury had great games. Hope they can keep that up. It's nice to see Crawford playing so well, and playing with confidence.

thx!
Good to see a guy like Coury having a soild first game for the CATS!
Joe Crawford was the high scorer. Real impressed by the UK Defense. Offensive will pick up eventually.
Who started for the CATS?
Unofficial Stats

Joe Crawford
20 pts

Mark Coury
13 pts 10 rebs 3 assts

Ramel Bradley
10 pts 6 rebs

Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks didn't play well combining for 9 points.
Football Frenzy Wrote:Who started for the CATS?

Michael Porter
Ramel Bradley
Mark Coury
Patrick Patterson
Jodie Meeks
Patterson got in foul trouble early though.
blackcat_student Wrote:Michael Porter
Ramel Bradley
Mark Coury
Patrick Patterson
Jodie Meeks

you called that one!
Why wasn't Crawford in the starting lineup?
vundy33 Wrote:Why wasn't Crawford in the starting lineup?

blackcat_student stated in another thread that BCG said Joe wouldn't start because he was out of shape
Football Frenzy Wrote:blackcat_student stated in another thread that BCG said Joe wouldn't start because he was out of shape

but for the record he had 20 points in 18 minutes according to ukathletics.com
Great victory by the Cats, I was very pleased with the Defense and the play of Senior Joe Crawford. Keep it up Cats.
Although the offense may not be where we might want it to be, a 27 point win is a good showing for a new coach's first game. We will still have another game to work out the kinks before the schedule gets serious.

Crawford did have a nice game, but I was most impressed with Mark Coury, who scored 13 points and had 10 boards. And most of his production was in the first half, not in late-game garbage time. I am even more convinced that he should stay in the starting lineup, which hopefully will include Crawford (in place of Porter) sooner rather than later.
vundy33 Wrote:Why wasn't Crawford in the starting lineup?

He isn't in the same shape as the other players, mostly because he had the surgery on his knee and that caused him to miss alot of practices.
Glad to see the walk-on Coury gettin a chance to show what he can do these first few games. Tubby never gave him a chance.
I love how Billy G. is mixing up the line up its nice to see how well the chemistry is this season. We are back to the old school ways of UK and its so great to see. I am excited for this season to get into full swing.
Redneck Wrote:Glad to see the walk-on Coury gettin a chance to show what he can do these first few games. Tubby never gave him a chance.

Smile Last year everybody was all over Tubby for even putting Coury on the team, now he is great after 1 game. Classic.

When Coury did get a chance last year he was still not used to the pace. I hope he can turn out to be a full time contributor but I'm still not sold. If I'm wrong though it's good for UK. So we can only ohpe.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Last year everybody was all over Tubby for even putting Coury on the team, now he is great after 1 game. Classic.

When Coury did get a chance last year he was still not used to the pace. I hope he can turn out to be a full time contributor but I'm still not sold. If I'm wrong though it's good for UK. So we can only ohpe.

I didn't criticize Tubby for putting him on the team. In fact, I don't see how anybody could ever have a problem with adding a walk-on to a team. They don't take up a scholarship, and if they're no good you don't have to play them. Worst case scenario, they provide extra practice fodder; best case, they provide good quality minutes and contribute to making you a better team. Credit goes to Tubby for giving him the opportunity to walk-on.

I agree Coury looked overmatched last year, but it is apparent that some combination of summer pickup games and Billy Clyde's coaching has greatly improved his game. Am I sold on him scoring in double figures every game? Not even close. But do I think he can give us 7-8 rebounds a game. And he is only a sophomore.
More Cowbell Wrote:I didn't criticize Tubby for putting him on the team. In fact, I don't see how anybody could ever have a problem with adding a walk-on to a team. They don't take up a scholarship, and if they're no good you don't have to play them. Worst case scenario, they provide extra practice fodder; best case, they provide good quality minutes and contribute to making you a better team. Credit goes to Tubby for giving him the opportunity to walk-on.

I agree Coury looked overmatched last year, but it is apparent that some combination of summer pickup games and Billy Clyde's coaching has greatly improved his game. Am I sold on him scoring in double figures every game? Not even close. But do I think he can give us 7-8 rebounds a game. And he is only a sophomore.

I know you didn't, and I was just saying that a few fans last year would say why even put him on the team when he got in the game. Just funny how stuff and attitudes change. That's beside the point though.

Tubby gets credit for getting him as a walk on, and I definitely agree Coach Gillispie has done a great job of getting him in shape and ready for the season. Looks like he put a mean streak in him now. Smile With Morris and Woo in the way last year Coury wasn't looked upon much especially as a freshman who needed to put on some pounds.

I hope you're right about 7 rebounds a game. That would be a nice surprise.
alfus21 Wrote:I know you didn't, and I was just saying that a few fans last year would say why even put him on the team when he got in the game. Just funny how stuff and attitudes change. That's beside the point though.

Tubby gets credit for getting him as a walk on, and I definitely agree Coach Gillispie has done a great job of getting him in shape and ready for the season. Looks like he put a mean streak in him now. Smile With Morris and Woo in the way last year Coury wasn't looked upon much especially as a freshman who needed to put on some pounds.

I hope you're right about 7 rebounds a game. That would be a nice surprise.

Last year I never would've imagined Coury would be in our starting lineup right now. And even more that I would actually agree with starting him.

He has got to be the biggest (pleasant) surprise so far on the team. Big Grin
If he (Coury) can just keep it up! Great for his confidence though in which confidence is something you can only build, not coach! Go CATS!
Was reading on Yahoo Sports and Gillespie said it best after the Central Arkansas game...

Gillispie said Gardner-Webb presents a formidable challenge Wednesday.

He said Kentucky's fans deserve a better effort than the team showed against Central Arkansas. "I want to honor this tradition, this state and this university better than we have so far," he said.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was reading on Yahoo Sports and Gillespie said it best after the Central Arkansas game...

Gillispie said Gardner-Webb presents a formidable challenge Wednesday.

He said Kentucky's fans deserve a better effort than the team showed against Central Arkansas. "I want to honor this tradition, this state and this university better than we have so far," he said.

That's always good, especially after a 27 point win. :1:
Congrats CATS...good luck tonight!!!
Way to go Cats!!
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Last year everybody was all over Tubby for even putting Coury on the team, now he is great after 1 game. Classic.

I never said anything when Tubby put him in, I said stuff when he didn't put him. He may not have produced when he got in (which was very rarely) like Morris did, but he worked his butt off and he out hustled everyone else on the floor and that's the kinda players I like to see out there.
Pages: 1 2