Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SEC vs PAC 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am so tired of hearing that the Pac 10 is as good a confrence as the SEC. Compare 7 SEC teams in the BCS Top 25 to 3 Pac 10 Teams. How do the experts make their comparisons? The SEC will dominate the BCS for the next few years.

Do you think the PAC 10 are as strong as the SEC?
I shall copy over part of a post of mine from another thread:

SEC is still the best conference, with the PAC-10 a distant second. To see how the two match up with each other, line them up from best to worst:

1) LSU / Oregon --> SEC
2) Georgia / Arizona State -->even
3) Auburn / USC --> Pac 10
4) Florida / California --> even
5) Alabama / UCLA --> SEC
6) Kentucky / Oregon State --> SEC
7) Tennessee / Arizona --> SEC
8) South Carolina / Washington --> SEC
9) Arkansas / Stanford --> SEC
10) Miss. State / Wash. State --> SEC

The SEC leftovers include a Vandy team with a winning record and the only truly bad team in the league, Ole Miss. The Pac-10 has at least 3, if not 4, bad teams.
More Cowbell Wrote:I shall copy over part of a post of mine from another thread:

SEC is still the best conference, with the PAC-10 a distant second. To see how the two match up with each other, line them up from best to worst:

1) LSU / Oregon --> SEC

The SEC leftovers include a Vandy team with a winning record and the only truly bad team in the league, Ole Miss. The Pac-10 has at least 3, if not 4, bad teams.
If Georgia's clicking, they'd whip Arizona State, and Im sorry my brother, but I would take Florida over Cal too..I like this idea though, this setup. I agree that USC is better than Auburn, but other than that, with these matchups, nothing else given to the PAC-10..
I don't think USC could beat Auburn. That's Just my opinion though. From top to bottom, no other conf. could even come close to the SEC.
Crossbones Wrote:I don't think USC could beat Auburn. That's Just my opinion though. From top to bottom, no other conf. could even come close to the SEC.
well, Im a diehard Tide fan, so Ill give anybody (except Tennessee) the benefit of the doubt when talking about Auburn, lol...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, Im a diehard Tide fan, so Ill give anybody (except Tennessee) the benefit of the doubt when talking about Auburn, lol...
I kinda figured that one.Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:If Georgia's clicking, they'd whip Arizona State, and Im sorry my brother, but I would take Florida over Cal too..I like this idea though, this setup. I agree that USC is better than Auburn, but other than that, with these matchups, nothing else given to the PAC-10..

I don't know if I'd predict Georgia to whip Arizona St. With the Bulldogs, you never know what you're going to get. They can beat Florida and Alabama, but they also laid an egg against Tennessee and barely beat Troy. I still would have to call that one a toss-up.

As for Florida and Cal, I agree that Florida is probably better, and I would pick them to win in a game between the two. However, the difference is fairly small, enough so for me to call it even.

Besides, I wouldn't want people to think I show SEC bias now, would I? Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:I shall copy over part of a post of mine from another thread:

1) LSU / Oregon --> SEC

I know this is UK country, but they are terrible. They could give OSU a good game, but I don't think they could beat them. You just aren't getting it though, Oregon could beat LSU, they have more talent than the tigers. Plus you have to factor in the bottom. The Washingonts and Stanford could beat the Mississippi's and Vandy, you aren't comparing apples to apples. You can't just use the top 10, they have to be relative because the SEC has more teams. Plus the traditional powers in the SEC are a little off this year, does any truly think that the LSU offense is that good, no they are average at best.
launchpad4 Wrote:I know this is UK country, but they are terrible. They could give OSU a good game, but I don't think they could beat them. You just aren't getting it though, Oregon could beat LSU, they have more talent than the tigers. Plus you have to factor in the bottom. The Washingonts and Stanford could beat the Mississippi's and Vandy, you aren't comparing apples to apples. You can't just use the top 10, they have to be relative because the SEC has more teams. Plus the traditional powers in the SEC are a little off this year, does any truly think that the LSU offense is that good, no they are average at best.

Well, your opinion on UK football is not exactly unbiased, you've shown in the past that you hate Kentucky for some reason. I mean really, Oregon State? Please. They're not even close to being as good as UK this year. They might win if UK had an off-game, but if each team played as well as they could, UK would win by two touchdowns.

And as for Oregon, you can't actually believe they have more talent than LSU. The Tigers will probably have more players drafted in the first round than the Ducks will get in the entire draft. There's just no comparison. Now, am I saying Oregon can't beat LSU? No, I'm just saying LSU is the better team and would be favored to win on a neutral field.

Bottom line, the SEC not only has more good teams than the Pac-10, they have less bad teams too. Score another one for the SEC.
launchpad4 Wrote:I know this is UK country, but they are terrible. They could give OSU a good game, but I don't think they could beat them. You just aren't getting it though, Oregon could beat LSU, they have more talent than the tigers. Plus you have to factor in the bottom. The Washingonts and Stanford could beat the Mississippi's and Vandy, you aren't comparing apples to apples. You can't just use the top 10, they have to be relative because the SEC has more teams. Plus the traditional powers in the SEC are a little off this year, does any truly think that the LSU offense is that good, no they are average at best.

Smile