Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Man/Child Patrick Patterson #54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did he look awesome last night or what? He might take freshman courses, but he's no baby! I am so HAPPY he is at UK, not in Gainesville! He made all of his shots AND free throws. When's the last time you can remember a UK big man doing that?Big Grin
Yes, he did play very well last I see him being one of the best players to ever come out of Kentucky, no he won't be a Kenny Walker, but he is still going to be very good.
Double P looked awesome. Alot of good passes were thrown to him right in the paint. He is almost Shaq like when he posts up.
He is a beast. He is has already made a huge impact!
Patterson looked good in both preseason games this year, I would say he is one and done.
He looks good, but a lot of big guys would look good against Pikeville and Seattle. I like him so far but I'll wait til he does something against a real team before I call him a man child or say he's 1 and done.
alfus21 Wrote:He looks good, but a lot of big guys would look good against Pikeville and Seattle. I like him so far but I'll wait til he does something against a real team before I call him a man child or say he's 1 and done.

i like what your saying about playing good against pikeville and seattle
i cant wait to see how he does against actual competition
but this guy is a beast either way!!
hope he can stay for more than a year!
Patterson is a beast, and he will prove it against other teams, and when Jasper, the real point guard, gets back to playing, UK will be a team to be reckoned with. Mark Coury is showing some toughness and really rebounding the ball well, Meeks will be even better this year, especially when he realizes he doesnt have to settle for a 3. All in all, UK will be fine this season, and I dont care if they do have a weak schedule, they will be a team to watch out for.
alfus21 Wrote:He looks good, but a lot of big guys would look good against Pikeville and Seattle. I like him so far but I'll wait til he does something against a real team before I call him a man child or say he's 1 and done.

I agree with you 100%, let's see how he does against some of the top ranked teams or against better big men. I think he has played good so far but it's been against NAIA and Division II schools.
Old School Wrote:I agree with you 100%, let's see how he does against some of the top ranked teams or against better big men. I think he has played good so far but it's been against NAIA and Division II schools.

Thanks. I think he'll be a good player for UK but Pikeville posed no threat to him, and Seattle looked pretty weak too.

He'll have a good season, but there is no way Patrick Patterson is a one and out player. Not yet anyways, and to say that after watching him play two practice games is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment later on.

For his and UK's sake though, I hope he is as good as he has been the 1st two games.
I too was very impressed with Patterson in the exhibition games. He demonstrated a strong low-post presence and I think he will put up big numbers this year. Between him, Bradley, Crawford, and Meeks, we have 4/5 of a great starting five.

As for Jasper, I don't think we will miss much without him. It might do him good to sit out a redshirt year and work on his outside shot anyway. I think either Stevenson (for defense) or Coury (for rebounding) would be okay to fill out the starting five with.

Anyway, back to PP, I see him staying 2 years. If he plays as well as we hope he will, there's no way he is here after that...
More Cowbell Wrote:I too was very impressed with Patterson in the exhibition games. He demonstrated a strong low-post presence and I think he will put up big numbers this year. Between him, Bradley, Crawford, and Meeks, we have 4/5 of a great starting five.

As for Jasper, I don't think we will miss much without him. It might do him good to sit out a redshirt year and work on his outside shot anyway. I think either Stevenson (for defense) or Coury (for rebounding) would be okay to fill out the starting five with.

Anyway, back to PP, I see him staying 2 years. If he plays as well as we hope he will, there's no way he is here after that...

Jasper needs to work on taking shots...lol the poor guy was afraid to shoot all year last year.
Patterson looks tough so far....Seems like a real good kid as well.....Hope he sticks around for four!
I too think Patterson looks great so far. Im so happy he choose UK over Florida.

IMO a big key to this season is the return of Jasper. UK is not very deep in the PG position, or as BCG calls it "lead guard". Jasper has a lot of aspects of his game that needs work, especially his shot. But with meeks and Patterson looking to have great seasons, he really doesnt have a big pressure on him to score.
Awesome! Hopefully he'll spark up some morale and get us a little further in the tourney this year.
yeah he is a beast but the gardner webb kids killed him on the boards