Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grand Valley State 85 - #8 Michigan State 82 (2OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mens Basketball

Division II Grand Valley State stunned No. 8 Michigan State, the Big Ten favorite, 85-82 in two overtimes Friday night in an exhibition game. Jason Jamerson had 19 points for the Lakers, while Justin Ringler had 16, including a three-point play at the end of regulation. Callistus Eziukwu of Grand Valley State had eight of his 15 points in the second overtime. The Spartans shouldn't have been shocked at the loss since they trailed the Lakers for more than 38 minutes before escaping with a win last season. This time, Grand Valley controlled the game for most of its 50 minutes.

Gotta love it when the underdogs when. (except when an underdog beats kentucky)
I love it when these kind of upsets happen.
clipperw Wrote:I love it when these kind of upsets happen.

:thatsfunn Me Too!
The state of Michigan is cursed when playing D-II opponents, lol!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The state of Michigan is cursed when playing D-II opponents, lol!

FOR SURE! :Thumbs:
I can't believe they lost this game just glad UK didn't have it happen to them.
haha yea, like I said, gotta love it when the underdogs win. (except when an underdog beats kentucky)
Maybe they should try playing defense. That may help
I still have not been fortunate enough to catch the highlights of this game, it is very odd since many have been picking the Spartans as a favorite to run deep into the tourney and win the Big Ten.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The state of Michigan is cursed when playing D-II opponents, lol!

Technically App State is D-1 AA, lol... Wink
BlackcatFootball Wrote:I still have not been fortunate enough to catch the highlights of this game, it is very odd since many have been picking the Spartans as a favorite to run deep into the tourney and win the Big Ten.

I agree 100%. It's hard to see the Spartans lose to a D-II school, yes it hurts, but just about every team will get upset this year. I just hope we can bounce back against Chicago State.