Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry at Pikeville Thursday 8/18/2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pikeville is loaded at looks to have 40-50 players on the roster. Belfry is always loaded. Both teams are very well-coached.
Should be a great game to watch. I'm not making a prediction but both teams better pack a lunch!
Calling 16 calling 16 come in 16
I couldn't believe they have around 50 players on their middle school team until I saw their team picture, obviously all the best athletes in the school system are coming out for football finally.
(08-16-2022, 06:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Calling 16 calling 16 come in 16
Someone over on Pond Creek please check on Irishcard 16.
(08-16-2022, 07:48 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't believe they have around 50 players on their middle school team until I saw their team picture, obviously all the best athletes in the school system are coming out for football finally.
Yep all the best kids from their system, Betsy laynes, Belfrys, pike centrals, grundys, Shelby valleys, are out for them this year......I’m sure I’m missing some but you get the picture lol 

I say this in jest I never want to see us lose to those guys but they do a very good job at the MS level. These 2 programs are far and away the cream of the crop in MS football in EKY. They both take it serious and care about it, and kids want to go play for people that know what they’re doing and care about it.

(08-17-2022, 12:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
I’m here I’m here. Just happy our boys over here get to compete with you fine folks over there in the city. Appreciate y’all letting us in the city limits and all.
(08-17-2022, 08:41 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2022, 07:48 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't believe they have around 50 players on their middle school team until I saw their team picture, obviously all the best athletes in the school system are coming out for football finally.
Yep all the best kids from their system, Betsy laynes, Belfrys, pike centrals, grundys, Shelby valleys, are out for them this year......I’m sure I’m missing some but you get the picture lol 

I say this in jest I never want to see us lose to those guys but they do a very good job at the MS level. These 2 programs are far and away the cream of the crop in MS football in EKY. They both take it serious and care about it, and kids want to go play for people that know what they’re doing and care about it.

(08-17-2022, 12:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
I’m here I’m here. Just happy our boys over here get to compete with you fine folks over there in the city. Appreciate y’all letting us in the city limits and all.
Really? This is so weak and no way you really believe any of what you posted. Please. Any thoughts on the game? That is the purpose of the thread.
And a Belfry fan complaining about Pikeville roster is the funniest and stupidest sh!t on the planet...
The most West Virginia license plates ever seen in Pikeville x 20 is when Belfry plays Pikeville in any sport.
(08-17-2022, 11:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]And a Belfry fan complaining about Pikeville roster is the funniest and stupidest sh!t on the planet...
The most West Virginia license plates ever seen in Pikeville x 20 is when Belfry plays Pikeville in any sport.
Yeah that was sarcasm. I’ll teach ya about it some day. Lol 

it’s pikevilles to lose this year. They’re very talented.

(08-17-2022, 11:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]And a Belfry fan complaining about Pikeville roster is the funniest and stupidest sh!t on the planet...
We both may also want to concern ourselves with hazard. Final from tonight 

Johnson Central 34
Hazard 32
Hearing Belfry fans complain about recruiting is comical. Half the parking lot is WV plates, and I don't blame those kids and their parents at all...if I lived in Mingo County and had a son that played football he would be wearing Red and White.
(08-18-2022, 12:11 AM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing Belfry fans complain about recruiting is comical.  Half the parking lot is WV plates, and I don't blame those kids and their parents at all...if I lived in Mingo County and had a son that played football he would be wearing Red and White.
You 2 clearly don’t understand sarcasm or a joke Jesus I was clearly kidding because right after I said It went on to explain that I understood and didn’t blame kids for going to either belfry or pikeville.
^It's all good all the time, this is how we roll towards each other. All fun. This year is wide open. But check out Pikeville/JC Middle highlights on Pikeville JH twitter.
(08-18-2022, 12:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^It's all good all the time, this is how we roll towards each other. All fun. This year is wide open. But check out Pikeville/JC Middle highlights on Pikeville JH twitter.
I’ve seen it and more. They are the clear favorite in the state in that division.
Game day! Expecting a huge battle.
Pikeville 36-8 over Belfry.
From my sources. Very close for a half at 12-8 Pike, then young Panthers dominate the second half. Big play of the game was Pike converting a big 4th and 15 in their own territory then going on to score.
(08-18-2022, 10:34 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]From my sources.  Very close for a half at 12-8 Pike, then young Panthers dominate the second half.  Big play of the game was Pike converting a big 4th and 15 in their own territory then going on to score.
Yep. That’s accurate. 12-8 going into half. Then the wheels fell off
(08-18-2022, 10:23 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville 36-8 over Belfry.

Ouch  Woah
Bloodbath
(08-18-2022, 11:06 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2022, 10:34 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]From my sources.  Very close for a half at 12-8 Pike, then young Panthers dominate the second half.  Big play of the game was Pike converting a big 4th and 15 in their own territory then going on to score.
Wheels didn't fall off. Pikeville dominated all night and Belfry had no answer,
(08-19-2022, 12:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
Woah, Pikeville finally got the Belfry win they have been looking for in Middle School...way to go! This after Pikeville was supposed to be so dominant last season and it just didn't pan out for them!
You’re right as always. 12-8 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Wheels didn’t fall off. You’re so funny I swear god bless your heart. Enjoy the regular season win. Should have shot some fireworks off.
(08-19-2022, 08:02 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
You’re right as always. 12-8 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Wheels didn’t fall off. You’re so funny I swear god bless your heart. Enjoy the regular season win. Should have shot some fireworks off.
Haha 8 minute quarters? So you didn't count the time it took Pikeville to drive and score after they received 2nd half kickoff? Was that when they had a TD called back then quickly scored again? And again? And again? 36 points in 32 minutes equates to 54 points in a regulation HS game? But mostly a close game lol ok.
(08-20-2022, 04:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2022, 08:02 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
Haha 8 minute quarters? So you didn't count the time it took Pikeville to drive and score after they received 2nd half kickoff? Was that when they had a TD called back then quickly scored again? And again? And again? 36 points in 32 minutes equates to 54 points in a regulation HS game? But mostly a close game lol ok.
Like I said. God bless you. They’re the best team in the state regardless of class. I’m just glad they didn’t run the clock on us. Gotta take the small victories where we can.
Dude I really like you but I'm going to have to leave you alone. I have many Belfry friends and they are always super polite when they are beating you but when you are beating them they hate your guts.So now the shoe is on the other foot and I love you and hope you keep on hating my guts...
(08-21-2022, 03:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Dude I really like you but I'm going to have to leave you alone. I have many Belfry friends and they are always super polite when they are beating you but when you are beating them they hate your guts.So now the shoe is on the other foot and I love you and hope you keep on hating my guts...
Did I say anything? You make stuff up to fit the narrative you want. The score was 36-8 you cannot deny that. The score was also 12-8 in the 3rd quarter. There was a critical 4th and 15 play in said 3rd quarter that changed the game completely. You cannot dent that. Just take the congratulations and move on. It’s a regular season game. If you want a trophy with the score to memorialize it I will get you one. Otherwise good luck the rest of the year, you all have a great team, move on to the rest of your schedule and we will see each other in November hopefully when it really matters. And I’m not exaggerating you are the favorite to win state.
It’s all good. No more game analysis on my end. I want both teams to bring trophies home and that’s the truth.
(08-21-2022, 07:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]It’s all good. No more game analysis on my end. I want both teams to bring trophies home and that’s the truth.
Unfortunately in middle school we can’t lol unless someone else in the East comes along and upsets one of them it will be belfry and pikeville in a regional final in early November for at least the 5th year in a row (maybe further back than that not sure) winner will advance to the state semi final.

(08-21-2022, 11:33 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2022, 07:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]It’s all good. No more game analysis on my end. I want both teams to bring trophies home and that’s the truth.
Unfortunately in middle school we can’t lol unless someone else in the East comes along and upsets one of them it will be belfry and pikeville in a regional final in early November for at least the 5th year in a row (maybe further back than that not sure) winner will advance to the state semi final.
I only started keeping up with MS football in 2018. I know the 2 split the games that year. In 2019 Belfry won 2 and pikeville 1. In 2020 Belfry won 2 and pikeville won 1. In 2021 Belfry won both matchups. 
Since 18 if I’m correct belfry leads the series 8-3. With pikeville advancing to the state semis in 2018 and belfry advancing 2019-2021. Pikeville is clearly the favorite this year. 

I know we carry on JP but this middle school rivalry has done nothing but help both high schools. It is clear and evident by taking middle school football as serious as we both do, it translates to results at the HS level. And furthermore both schools have young kids contributing on Friday nights a lot more than they used to.
^^^All true and great post. And shows what I know, totally forgot same class,
The last time Region 4 D3 was not pikeville or belfry was 2015 Letcher Central.
Pages: 1 2