Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See attachment
I thought did a decent job. His teams were out of control at times and didn’t seem to have a lot of discipline. Which caused the melt down against Estill last year. However he did win a district title. Whose next? Jerry Stacy back?
Honeycutt?
(08-12-2022, 11:33 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: [ -> ]Honeycutt?

Duke Combs.
Dook Combs is your next basketball coach it’s already set behind the scenes but the problem right now is he retired so he has to wait 90 days from his retirement date before he can be hired anywhere else, if not he would be called out for double dipping and lose his retirement..he should be announced as a teacher and head coach at cordia around September or first of October.
Heard that Larry Caudill would be the Head assistant and Keith Combs would be back in the black and yellow coaching the freshman team.
Didn’t it backfire on Larry when he transferred his daughter?
Doesn’t Keith’s daughter go to Hazard and he coaches softball also at Hazard?
(08-14-2022, 06:23 PM)The_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]Heard that Larry Caudill would be the Head assistant and Keith Combs would be back in the black and yellow coaching the freshman team.
Heard Misty Mcalarnis and her husband are taking over the girls program. Said they’ve got something to prove and Perry’s politics wouldn’t let them.
(08-14-2022, 11:31 PM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2022, 06:23 PM)The_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]Heard that Larry Caudill would be the Head assistant and Keith Combs would be back in the black and yellow coaching the freshman team.
Heard Misty Mcalarnis and her husband are taking over the girls program. Said they’ve got something to prove and Perry’s politics wouldn’t let them.
Lol that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard..that won’t ever happen the baseball program is in shambles no way they are taking their son over there for that..from what I know and can gather Dook head of boys( if he don’t get in trouble with doing all this behind scenes with his retirement) Bryan combs assistant and nick combs grade school basketball program..now I’ve not heard about Keith but I could see this folding out because the principal over there wont Stand up for anyone over there and let’s Alice run it all so don’t have to arguments..Keith hired as girls head coach of basketball and softball both so he brings both daughters over..the combs’ regain power at cordia which they never have success at back in the day but it’s what Alice wants..this is all opinion or hear say! Only thing I know for a fact is Dook will be next head coach principal has told me that!!
Rookie of the Year you are way to funny. No politics in the program at Perry for the McAlarnis clan. Love red and black. I’m gonna get you at the gym tomorrow. Lol. Funniest post I’d read in a long time.
(08-14-2022, 11:31 PM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote: [ -> ]
Woah
All a big joke Rivercats, don’t get to excited. None of them people mentioned are headed to Cordia.
Facts: Larry Caudill isn’t going to Cordia.
Macalarnis isn’t going to Cordia.

Combs guy who coaches softball at Hazard, probably deep down wants to because it’s his family coaching again. Could see boy going there but no way his girls.

Will Cordia keep recruiting the Inner City kids or will it go back to being school for local kids not wanting to attend Hazard, Perry, or Knott to play ball?
Looks like she's ready to start cheating again. Good luck.
Hearing Dook turned the job down because of no players..also hearing the assistant at Perry Mitch Smith is going to be taking over..unless they bring some kids in it will be a long year for those supporting the lions.
What's the enrollment now? They didn't have enough players this summer to play summer games. It sounded like their two top players decided not to return when the coach left.
Mitch Smith is a horse trainer at Keeneland 3 days week and makes a killing. He won’t be coaching Cordia.
(10-09-2022, 12:17 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Mitch Smith is a horse trainer at Keeneland 3 days week and makes a killing.  He won’t be coaching Cordia.
You will see this week..the move is suppose to happen early this week.
Ole Mitch going back home.
(10-10-2022, 11:12 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]Ole Mitch going back home.

Mitch got burnt once before by Whitaker. Not sure why he would take a risk on a repeat.
If the $$$$ is right Mitch may forget about the first time. Heard today that Mitch may leave Keeneland because drive was getting old and he may have some thorobreds coming to Lotts Creek soon he would be training for basketball. Will he have Shawn Dixon helping him out?
(10-10-2022, 08:01 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If the $$$$ is right Mitch may forget about the first time.  Heard today that Mitch may leave Keeneland because drive was getting old and he may have some thorobreds coming to Lotts Creek soon he would be training for basketball.  Will he have Shawn Dixon helping him out?
Thought you said he wasn’t leaving keenland and making a killing?? Seems like him and Farler are just switching places..looks like a better move for Farler than for him but only the future will determine that.
(10-10-2022, 10:24 PM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2022, 08:01 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If the $$$$ is right Mitch may forget about the first time.  Heard today that Mitch may leave Keeneland because drive was getting old and he may have some thorobreds coming to Lotts Creek soon he would be training for basketball.  Will he have Shawn Dixon helping him out?
Thought you said he wasn’t leaving keenland and making a killing?? Seems like him and Farler are just switching places..looks like a better move for Farler than for him but only the future will determine that.

where’s Farler gonna be at this season bomber? Haven’t heard much out of him since he resigned. 
(10-11-2022, 06:51 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2022, 10:24 PM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: [ -> ]

where’s Farler gonna be at this season bomber? Haven’t heard much out of him since he resigned. 
I’m hearing Perry!!
A guy at work today told me Kyle Maggard was going on to be Mitch’s head assistant. Maybe Mitch can get some Perry kids over at Cordia. Will kids from out of state be coming in to Cordia now since Mitch was hired? Mitch would be a really good coach to play for Id think. Hope Cordia can build them a good strong program and help a lot of kids in the area or from wherever.
about a 0% chance Kyle Maggard becomes coach at Cordia.
Why is that Tailback? I’m sure he would if the money was good wouldn’t he?
(10-13-2022, 04:30 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Why is that Tailback?  I’m sure he would if the money was good wouldn’t he?
Be hard for me as a school system to want to hire him. Haven’t saw much development from the kids he’s had under his tutelage. Always seems to be some turmoil from parents and other players over his kids playing. Cordia has had enough trouble, surely don’t need to inherit that too. Just my opinion.