Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How would you rank the BCS conferences this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.ACC
2.Big 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.Pac-10
6.SEC

I'll give my picks later.
launchpad4 Wrote:1.ACC
2.Big 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.Pac-10
6.SEC

At first I thought that is how you ranked them. I was like oh my goodness. But here is mine.

1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. ACC
4. Big East
5. Pac 10
6. Big 10
alfus21 Wrote:At first I thought that is how you ranked them. I was like oh my goodness. But here is mine.

1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. ACC
4. Big East
5. Pac 10
6. Big 10
Same here!!!
alfus21 Wrote:At first I thought that is how you ranked them. I was like oh my goodness. But here is mine.

1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. ACC
4. Big East
5. Pac 10
6. Big 10

I dont know Al, i think the Pac 10 is a strong #2 with Oregon, ASU playing some good football...close behind is the big 12

SEC
PAC 10
Big 12
ACC
Big East
Big 11
1.ACC
2.Big 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.Pac-10
6.SEC

I Like it except I would put Big East in front of Big 12
corndog23 Wrote:I dont know Al, i think the Pac 10 is a strong #2 with Oregon, ASU playing some good football...close behind is the big 12

SEC
PAC 10
Big 12
ACC
Big East
Big 11

I like it
blitz43 Wrote:1.ACC
2.Big 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.Pac-10
6.SEC

You think the SEC is the 6th ranked conference?
I dont think the Pac 10 is number 5 Alfus, it's been much better than 5 or 6 years ago..... 6 or 7 teams in that league could hang with the top 6 or 7 in any other league IMO...

1. SEC
2. Pac 10
3. Big XII
4. Big Ten
5. Big East
6. ACC
SEC

Pac-10
Big 12
Big East
Big 10
ACC
blitz43 Wrote:1.ACC
2.Big 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.Pac-10
6.SEC

Blitz I was just putting them in alphabetical order. I don't think they rank that way
SEC
Big 10
Big 12
Pac 10
Big East
ACC
I think that everyone sleeping on the big east!!

1.sec

2.big east
3.big-12
4.pac-10
5.acc
6.big-10
1. SEC
2. Pac-10
3. Big East
4. Big 12
5. Big 10
6. ACC
FreakNasty Wrote:I dont think the Pac 10 is number 5 Alfus, it's been much better than 5 or 6 years ago..... 6 or 7 teams in that league could hang with the top 6 or 7 in any other league IMO...

I was going by overall strength. I think their top 5 is pretty decent but outside of that it gets sketchy. UCLA got beat bad by Utah and Notre Dame beat them. Then it gets worse from there. I might be able to buy into their top 5 hanging with some of the conferences but not 6 or 7. It gets bad after 5.

The PAC 10 has the overall weakest winning percentage of the big 6 conferences.

I'll say they're strong up front but I was basing my rankings on overall strength.
pirate_time Wrote:I think that everyone sleeping on the big east!!

1.sec

2.big east
3.big-12
4.pac-10
5.acc
6.big-10
nah..The Big East is a good football conference, and an entertaining conference, but top to bottom, I dont see them being as competitive as the conferences I have ahead of them..but nonetheless, theres some good football played in the Big East..
Sec
Pac-10
Big 12
Big East
Big 10
Acc
TidesHoss32 Wrote:nah..The Big East is a good football conference, and an entertaining conference, but top to bottom, I dont see them being as competitive as the conferences I have ahead of them..but nonetheless, theres some good football played in the Big East..
I just cant see anyother confernce have a team so talented as louisville an keep them at bay like the teams in the big east has.plus there were 4 player that was in the hiseman race in the beginning
pirate_time Wrote:I just cant see anyother confernce have a team so talented as louisville an keep them at bay like the teams in the big east has.plus there were 4 player that was in the hiseman race in the beginning
agreed.....to a point. Louisville has gotten beat by one of the worst teams in college football, who is a member of the Big East (Syracuse), and was beaten by Kentucky, who will probably finish .500 in the SEC..but Im not disputing your logic at all, the Big East is a great conference, college football's parity is just beyond incredible this year..
college football has been incredible this year did you ever expect it to be that crazy
Now I want to say that every year besides this one I would put the SEC first, but they are young this year and next will regain their dominance. And this is a ranking of this year, not traditional power. Traditionally SEC is the best, but not this year.

1.PAC-10
2.SEC
3. BIg 12
4. Big East
5. Big 10
6. ACC
Other than Oregon, ASU, Cal, and USC the Pac 10 is pretty weak.

The SEC top to bottom dominates the PAC 10

The SEC has one team with a record under .500 out of 12 teams. The Pac 10 has 4.

The SEC has 7 teams ranked in the top 25, the Pac 10 has 4.
alfus21 Wrote:Other than Oregon, ASU, Cal, and USC the Pac 10 is pretty weak.

The SEC top to bottom dominates the PAC 10

The SEC has one team with a record under .500 out of 12 teams. The Pac 10 has 4.

The SEC has 7 teams ranked in the top 25, the Pac 10 has 4.

You have to account for Tennessee leading the east and having gotten destroyed by Cal. Also the Mississippis aren't very good. Arkansas is aweful. Now regularly the SEC dominates, but not this year, they are young and will benefit by this year.
launchpad4 Wrote:You have to account for Tennessee leading the east and having gotten destroyed by Cal. Also the Mississippis aren't very good. Arkansas is aweful. Now regularly the SEC dominates, but not this year, they are young and will benefit by this year.

Arkansas isn't awful. They just beat South Carolina. You can't go by one game comparisons like that to compare an entire conference. Mississippi State isn't bad at all. They have a winning record with wins over Kentucky and Auburn both on the road.

The SEC may not have amazing records this season but that's because it's finally balanced.

There is no justification for ranking the Pac 10 ahead of the SEC.

Their winning percentage is lower.

Their non conference winning percentage is lower.

Their strength of schedule as a whole is lower.

They have fewer teams ranked.

They have more teams below .500

The SEC East alone has more bowl eligible teams than the entire Pac 10 right now.
1.SEC
2.PAC 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.ACC
6.Big Ten
SEC
PAC 10
Big 12
Big Ten
Big East
ACC

SEC is still the best conference, with the PAC-10 a distant second. To see how the two match up with each other, line them up from best to worst:

1) LSU / Oregon --> SEC
2) Georgia / Arizona State -->even
3) Auburn / USC --> Pac 10
4) Florida / California --> even
5) Alabama / UCLA --> SEC
6) Kentucky / Oregon State --> SEC
7) Tennessee / Arizona --> SEC
8) South Carolina / Washington --> SEC
9) Arkansas / Stanford --> SEC
10) Miss. State / Wash. State --> SEC

The SEC leftovers include a Vandy team with a winning record and the only truly bad team in the league, Ole Miss. The Pac-10 has at least 3, if not 4, bad teams.
1) SEC
2) Pac-10
3) Big 12
4) Big East
5) Big Ten
6) ACC
By years end, the SEC will have more bowl teams then there are actual teams in the PAC 10! 11!
corndog23 Wrote:By years end, the SEC will have more bowl teams then there are actual teams in the PAC 10! 11!

The SEC will probably have 11 bowl-eligible teams, but I doubt they will be able to find spots for all of them. The SEC only has 8 guaranteed bowl spots, which becomes 9 if they get two teams into BCS bowls. That still leaves two conference teams on the outside looking in, hoping that another conference can't field enough eligible teams to fill all their bowl slots.

As this relates to Kentucky, all the more important that they win at least one more game to finish with 7+ wins. You don't want to be one of several 6-6 conference teams fighting over a couple spots. I think UK's fan base would nudge them ahead of Vandy and Mississippi St. in the pecking order, but you'd rather not take the chance.
1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. ACC
4. Big East
5. Pac 10
6. Big 10
launchpad4 Wrote:1.ACC
2.Big 10
3.Big 12
4.Big East
5.Pac-10
6.SEC

1.Big 10 -- Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsion, Michigan, Purdue.
2.SEC -- Kentucky, LSU, Floirda, South Carolina, Alabama, Tenneessee.
3.Pac-10 -- Arizona State, Oregen, USC, UCLA, CAL.
4.Big 12 -- Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri,
5.Big East -- Uconn, West Virgina, Cincinnatti, USF
6.ACC -- Boston College.

I was just listing the school's doing good from each confrence, there in no certain order.
Pages: 1 2