Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Herald Leader 2A Rankings 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 2A Rankings 2022

1. Beechwood
2. LCA
3. Mayfield
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Middlesboro 
6. Danville
7. Breathitt County
8. Murray
9. West Carter
10. Walton-Verona

Others: Somerset, Green County, Metcalf County, Caldwell County, Shelby Valley, Lexinton Holy Cross, Lloyd Memorial, Hancock County.

Thoughts?

Covington Holy Cross LOL. sorry about that, typing and chewing bubble gum at the same time. LOL.
How much did Green County lose from last year? They weren't top tier but I figured after an 11 win season they'd be preseason top 10.
What does danville have this to be ranked 6th ???
2A is LCA's to lose
(08-10-2022, 09:42 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]2A is LCA's to lose

Woah

Funny….we heard the same thing last year.
(08-10-2022, 11:46 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: [ -> ]

Funny….we heard the same thing last year.
I probably should've said LCA is the favorite, IMO. I'm biased toward a quarterback though and was a huge fan of Cam Hergott. Losing him will hurt Beechwood offensively. I know Berger is a monster, but Hergott was incredible! LCA adds Boley and Nieves moves to WR, which from what I've heard and read he's looked really good at. Defensively LCA won't be what they were last season, just like Beechwood won't be what they were offensively. We're looking Beechwood vs. LCA Part 3.

Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic will be really good too, just not quite what the top 2 will be. Time will tell.
JMO, but the addition of Robinson at Beechwood is a much higher net gain than LCA adding Boley.
2 man race LCA and Beechwood.
With Mayfield losing a couple players due to tornado they are a distant 3rd in my opinion

By end of season I think Breathitt will overtake Middlesboro as best in the east.
(08-15-2022, 07:31 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]2 man race LCA and Beechwood.
With Mayfield losing a couple players due to tornado they are a distant 3rd in my opinion

By end of season I think Breathitt will overtake Middlesboro as best in the east.
Who did Mayfield lose due to the tornado?
(08-16-2022, 08:46 AM)55RedDog Wrote: [ -> ]

We lost a 3, all were on the line I believe, 2 were expected to start from what I was told but that is unconfirmed.  The skill guys should be impressive but the Cards could struggle up front.  I think they will be pretty good but I think the jury is and should still be out
Middlesboro ranked too high
(08-16-2022, 02:10 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2022, 08:46 AM)55RedDog Wrote: [ -> ]

We lost a 3, all were on the line I believe, 2 were expected to start from what I was told but that is unconfirmed.  The skill guys should be impressive but the Cards could struggle up front.  I think they will be pretty good but I think the jury is and should still be out
2 big linemen unsure of their names
Both BW and LCA take on a somewhat different look personnel wise vs 21 squads. However, I think they are still the teams to beat in 2A with everyone else chasing them. I said it last year...based on film I have watched on Mayfield they have get a lot better to hang with either BW or LCA. As for everyone else that gap is even wider. A good example of this is LCA vs Murray and LCA vs Middlesboro. Both were the best of the rest and it was over in the 1st qtr in both games. No disrespect to any of the programs but the gap is sizable. I expect there to be a bell curve at some point where a senior laden team rises to the occasion. A good example of that is OC last year in the playoffs vs LCA. LCA was flat, OC was not. Gave them all they wanted. You can almost paint the same picture of the other classes too, although I think 2A is the most noticeable.
I know it's probably a 2 team race between Beechwood and LCA but I'll be pulling for Mayfield. After the total devesation their city saw they sent a group a few weeks ago to help with the EKY floods and I thought that was very cool and says a lot about the city of Mayfield and the people who live there.