Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Herald Leader 3A Rankings 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Class 3A Rankings 2022

1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Belfry
3. CAL
4. Bell County
5. Bardstown
6. Glasgow
7. Taylor County
8. Ashland Blazer
9. Elizabethtown
10. Union County

Others: Lawrence County, East Carter, Desales, Mercer County, Russell, Mason County, Fleming County, Rockcastle County, LaRue County, Hart County, Magoffin County, Henry County.
Belfry is over ranked at this point of the season. Top 5 maybe…but not 2nd.
I’ll keep saying it, everyone is sleeping on Lawrence County.
(08-09-2022, 07:43 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]Belfry is over ranked at this point of the season. Top 5 maybe…but not 2nd.
Ranking only matters the 2nd week of December. I agree might be to high but they return the bulk of the Championship team. Even though they lost by far biggest piece. Lawrence county I do believe should be in top 10. Belfry’s schedule will prepare them again for late season run with several teams on their schedule better than anyone in 3A
(08-10-2022, 11:26 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll keep saying it, everyone is sleeping on Lawrence County.

Well…..just have to wait and see.  That seems to get said every year.     I know LC opens up against Harrison Co…..what is your prediction?
Lawrence will beat Harrison as bad as they want to. I think 35-7
(08-10-2022, 05:49 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence will beat Harrison as bad as they want to. I think 35-7
Lawrence should beat Harrison. But that won’t impress anyone or prepare them for Belfry. Put Johnson Central on schedule early. That will do more than beating Harrison. If they do not win the Belfry game then they have to come to pond creek second week of playoffs and that hasn’t worked out well for them. Lawrence had talent to beat belfry last year but just hadn’t faced anyone to prepare for Belfry. Watch all tape you want if your not ready or faced equal or better teams it’s not going to help you.
(08-10-2022, 05:49 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence will beat Harrison as bad as they want to. I think 35-7
So will everybody else.
For sure, I was just replying because I was asked. They did have the talent last year to win but Belfry had the best player and fed him the ball. Lawrence is not intimidated by any means of coming to Pond Creek, they have been doing it for so long.
(08-11-2022, 05:28 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]For sure, I was just replying because I was asked. They did have the talent last year to win but Belfry had the best player and fed him the ball. Lawrence is not intimidated by any means of coming to Pond Creek, they have been doing it for so long.
What is the overall series record? And I’m really asking seriously and not trying to be funny or smart.
(08-11-2022, 05:28 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]For sure, I was just replying because I was asked. They did have the talent last year to win but Belfry had the best player and fed him the ball. Lawrence is not intimidated by any means of coming to Pond Creek, they have been doing it for so long.
Does Lawrence County have a scrimmage scheduled Friday or Saturday?
Yes they do, tomorrow at 8:00 at KCU against West Carter
belfry and paducah clear top 2 .. would like to see rpi have them play in semi's
(08-11-2022, 06:00 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
What is the overall series record? And I’m really asking seriously and not trying to be funny or smart.
Belfry leads the overall series 25-4*.

They have won 23 straight games in the series.

Lawrence won four straight from '99 to '02.

Prior to that the two teams had not met since the late 70's when Belfry won the first two meetings.

During the 23 game win streak Belfry has won 18 of those games by two scores or more.

*I am not including the playoff forfeit for COVID in 2020
(08-12-2022, 11:12 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]

Prior to that the two teams had not met since the late 70's when Belfry won the first two meetings.

During the 23 game win streak Belfry has won 18 of those games by two scores or more.

And here we thought the world was ending at 13 in a row  Cool
(08-12-2022, 10:49 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]belfry and paducah clear top 2 .. would like to see rpi have them play in semi's
 If PT and Belfry are the two best teams as you state……why would you want them to meet in the semis?    Why not a rematch in the finals…..especially if they’re the two best teams?    Just curious.  ?

Prior to that the two teams had not met since the late 70's when Belfry won the first two meetings.

Wow….I knew that Belfry had dominated the series over the past several years….but I didn’t realize the streak was at 23 games.   That’s moving into PIke Central status….and even the old streak Belfry held against JC years ago.   Interesting.   

LC will have something to say about it this year when they travel to Pond Creek.   Will this be the year?    Should be interesting.  

I’m guessing Belfry will have a few words to say about it as well ??
If not for Dixon, Lawrence County would’ve ended that streak last year. But you know what they say about if’s and but’s lol. Dixon was a man on the field and Belfry fed him to extend their streak. Lawrence County had a lot of talent last year but Belfry had the best player on the field.

This year I think it comes down to the QB play and who makes the best decisions and RBs. Both teams will have great defenses and lines. I want to give the edge to Lawrence County at home but it’s hard until they beat Belfry.
(08-12-2022, 01:53 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]If not for Dixon, Lawrence County would’ve ended that streak last year. But you know what they say about if’s and but’s lol. Dixon was a man on the field and Belfry fed him to extend their streak. Lawrence County had a lot of talent last year but Belfry had the best player on the field.

This year I think it comes down to the QB play and who makes the best decisions and RBs. Both teams will have great defenses and lines. I want to give the edge to Lawrence County at home but it’s hard until they beat Belfry.

"If not for Dixon.." blah blah. I do admire the confidence after 23 straight L's however Big Grin

I was completely unaware it was that one sided
(08-12-2022, 01:05 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2022, 10:49 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]belfry and paducah clear top 2 .. would like to see rpi have them play in semi's
 If PT and Belfry are the two best teams as you state……why would you want them to meet in the semis?    Why not a rematch in the finals…..especially if they’re the two best teams?    Just curious.  ?

Wow….I knew that Belfry had dominated the series over the past several years….but I didn’t realize the streak was at 23 games.   That’s moving into PIke Central status….and even the old streak Belfry held against JC years ago.   Interesting.   

LC will have something to say about it this year when they travel to Pond Creek.   Will this be the year?    Should be interesting.  

I’m guessing Belfry will have a few words to say about it as well ??
To be fair, Pike Central territory is a whole different animal.

32-0 against Pike Central since 1994 with an average Final Score of 42-9.

In 32 games, only twice has Pike Central lost by two scores or less and they have never lost by a TD or less.

Pikeville vs. Phelps might be the only current Eastern Kentucky series that is more lopsided. 38-0 for the Panthers.
(08-12-2022, 02:26 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2022, 01:53 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]If not for Dixon, Lawrence County would’ve ended that streak last year. But you know what they say about if’s and but’s lol. Dixon was a man on the field and Belfry fed him to extend their streak. Lawrence County had a lot of talent last year but Belfry had the best player on the field.

"If not for Dixon.." blah blah. I do admire the confidence after 23 straight L's however Big Grin
It’s a fact. In the district championship if Belfry doesn’t have Dixon they lose that game. You can get butt hurt about it if you want but it’s a facts. But it doesn’t matter because they did have Dixon.
(08-12-2022, 06:26 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s a fact. In the district championship if Belfry doesn’t have Dixon they lose that game. You can get butt hurt about it if you want but it’s a facts. But it doesn’t matter because they did have Dixon.
No one can argue Dixon is a difference maker in any game. But you still have to put 10 more kids out there. Belfry returns biggest part of team. They have several backs to get them 5-15 yards a carry. I don’t see many 60 to 80 yard runs. But if average is 5 ypc then you will eat up clock with drives and keep other offense off the field. If I’m not mistaken that actually is Belfry footballs plan.

Geez…..y’all need to move on.  The best team won.  This has been debated to death.   FYI….”it’s not a fact”.  The definition of a fact is “a thing that is known or proved to be true”.     You can’t do either with a loss hanging in the record book.  That’s the only “fact” that matters…..

You're using the word fact too loosely. Yes! My butt is extremely hurt from this horrendous 23 game winning streak we have. I don't know how any of us will bear this pain.
Don’t forget that Belfry’s best offensive lineman had tore his ACL that week in practice and didn’t play that game. But he did however play every offensive snap three weeks later in state championship game with a complete torn ACL. Played like a man to.
I agree, facts are facts and the fact is Belfry won that game. I think with the game being as close as it was surprised a lot of people, and gave the Bulldogs confidence moving forward. I love to see the battle and it’s a great game when the Bulldogs compete with the Pirates, it’s good for eastern Kentucky. Louisa has some really good groups coming up, middle school team is a state title contender and youth football teams are feeding into the middle with better skilled players and more talent, which is a thing LC has lacked for many years. The kids in high school now are winners, have been since early on winning the turf bowl. Winnings breeds success and it seems to be growing in Louisa. Belfry is always going to be tough, whether they have Mr. Football or a rebuilding team. The coaching staff is solid and the players give everything they have.
I want to see LC beat Raceland before I will even entertain the idea of them knocking Belfry out of the playoffs, regardless of how the regular season game goes.
(08-13-2022, 07:09 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, facts are facts and the fact is Belfry won that game. I think with the game being as close as it was surprised a lot of people, and gave the Bulldogs confidence moving forward. I love to see the battle and it’s a great game when the Bulldogs compete with the Pirates, it’s good for eastern Kentucky. Louisa has some really good groups coming up, middle school team is a state title contender and youth football teams are feeding into the middle with better skilled players and more talent, which is a thing LC has lacked for many years. The kids in high school now are winners, have been since early on winning the turf bowl. Winnings breeds success and it seems to be growing in Louisa. Belfry is always going to be tough, whether they have Mr. Football or a rebuilding team. The coaching staff is solid and the players give everything they have.
No one who truly knows football was surprised that Lawrence played the way they did. They were/are a solid team. But just to counter a few things you state. Lawrence middle state title contender but Belfry middle is 2 time defending state champ. High school is defending 3A champion. I looked at both schedules and Belfry plays 5 teams better than Lawrence but Lawrence plays no one better than Belfy. Does that mean Belfry wins game this year NO it doesn’t. I do believe if both teams are healthy and both play their A game then Belfry wins but the odds of both those happening are unknown. Lawrence has a good team and this game as usually is for District Championship
(08-13-2022, 09:11 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2022, 07:09 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, facts are facts and the fact is Belfry won that game. I think with the game being as close as it was surprised a lot of people, and gave the Bulldogs confidence moving forward. I love to see the battle and it’s a great game when the Bulldogs compete with the Pirates, it’s good for eastern Kentucky. Louisa has some really good groups coming up, middle school team is a state title contender and youth football teams are feeding into the middle with better skilled players and more talent, which is a thing LC has lacked for many years. The kids in high school now are winners, have been since early on winning the turf bowl. Winnings breeds success and it seems to be growing in Louisa. Belfry is always going to be tough, whether they have Mr. Football or a rebuilding team. The coaching staff is solid and the players give everything they have.
No one who truly knows football was surprised that Lawrence played the way they did. They were/are a solid team. But just to counter a few things you state. Lawrence middle state title contender but Belfry middle is 2 time defending state champ. High school is defending 3A champion. I looked at both schedules and Belfry plays 5 teams better than Lawrence but Lawrence plays no one better than Belfy. Does that mean Belfry wins game this year NO it doesn’t. I do believe if both teams are healthy and both play their A game then Belfry wins but the odds of both those happening are unknown. Lawrence has a good team and this game as usually is for District Championship
Careful you’re getting ready to hear about how they beat belfry middle in a scrimmage in which they kept score on the scoreboard and brought cheerleaders and the whole 9 yards out for lol
Scrimmage, game or whatever the case may be but just as we have learned, facts are facts lol.
Pages: 1 2