Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Shelby Valley 8/12 (scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pikeville vs Shelby Valley 8/12 Scrimmage

Who you got?
Be a bad day for Shelby Valley
I know Pikeville needs the reps to get some issues worked out so any scrimmage is a help
Would be a early 2nd quarter running clock in the regular season...scrimmage just avoid injuries and get players reps.
Supposedly this is the best SV team in a long time so may be more competitive than expected especially since I’m sure Pikeville will be rotating young guys in to get reps. Birchfield didn’t get a lot of carries against JC and probably won’t here bc they already know what they’ll get out of him. Here will be a chance for Osborne to prove how good he is against a real defense.
(08-07-2022, 06:56 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Supposedly this is the best SV team in a long time so may be more competitive than expected especially since I’m sure Pikeville will be rotating young guys in to get reps. Birchfield didn’t get a lot of carries against JC and probably won’t here bc they already know what they’ll get out of him. Here will be a chance for Osborne to prove how good he is against a real defense.

Valley went to Magoffin last night and got surprised.  

magoffin scored first after two defensive stops on Valley.  Valley got the ball down inside the 5yd Line and Magoffin’s defense held strong and forced a fumble.  

valley had to run Osborne to get yards.  

if this is the best valley team in a long time, then Magoffin is going to be pretty dang good

I got Pikeville in this scrimmage. Valleys defense is stout but like all teams early in the season, they have stuff to work on.
This should be the best Shelby Valley team since 2014. They're likely the preseason favorite to win the district because they return basically their whole team from last season.
(08-07-2022, 07:19 PM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2022, 06:56 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Supposedly this is the best SV team in a long time so may be more competitive than expected especially since I’m sure Pikeville will be rotating young guys in to get reps. Birchfield didn’t get a lot of carries against JC and probably won’t here bc they already know what they’ll get out of him. Here will be a chance for Osborne to prove how good he is against a real defense.

Valley went to Magoffin last night and got surprised.  

magoffin scored first after two defensive stops on Valley.  Valley got the ball down inside the 5yd Line and Magoffin’s defense held strong and forced a fumble.  

valley had to run Osborne to get yards.  

if this is the best valley team in a long time, then Magoffin is going to be pretty dang good

I got Pikeville in this scrimmage. Valleys defense is stout but like all teams early in the season, they have stuff to work on.
One thing about a John Derossett coached team is they will play hard and won’t be afraid to hit you in the mouth.
Don't believe the SV hype. Last year they beat East Ridge, Bath Co, Floyd Central, Pike Central and Prestonsburg. Gave up 50 to Letcher Central, 42 to North Laurel, 48 to Hazard, and 49 and 53 to Martin Co. (yikes)

Pikeville will obliterate SV and everyone on the roster will see action.
(08-07-2022, 10:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Don't believe the SV hype. Last year they beat East Ridge, Bath Co, Floyd Central, Pike Central and Prestonsburg. Gave up 50 to Letcher Central, 42 to North Laurel, 48 to Hazard, and 49 and 53 to Martin Co. (yikes)

Pikeville will obliterate SV and everyone on the roster will see action.

I do think Pikeville is the better team, But SV does have some great athletes and they should be the favorite to win their district.  

Pikeville is just unbelievable and solid everywhere.
Magoffin’s defense pretty much shut Valley’s offense down in their scrimmage Saturday night. Valley receivers beat the Magoffin secondary deep a couple of times but the ball was either under or overthrown. Other than that they were held in check. The Magoffin d-line got pressure on the QB and forced him out of the pocket a lot, which is not the QB’s strong point. I was very impressed with the Magoffin defense considering Coach Derosett just got here in January. They were leaps and bounds better than years last.
It’s a scrimmage. Who cares if Pikeville beats the snot out of Valley. Russ Osborne is pretty darn good. Anyone with a peanut for a brain knows that. This is like a rivalry type game sort off so look for Valley to play them hard. Pikeville will probably have another ring come December.
(08-08-2022, 09:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a scrimmage.  Who cares if Pikeville beats the snot out of Valley.  Russ Osborne is pretty darn good.  Anyone with a peanut for a brain knows that.  This is like a rivalry type game sort off so look for Valley to play them hard.  Pikeville will probably have another ring come December.
Pikeville Nation wouldn’t have it any other way as great  competition is expected. Looking forward to this scrimmage and hope both teams finish injury free.
Shelby Valley opens season at Letcher Central should be a great game with Valley returning so manny players.
Part of the reason Valley returns so many players is everyone on their teams including the QB has to play both ways.

Valley can have a nice season potentially, but they are a wildcard team. Their depth is so razor thin all it would take is a n injury or two and their entire season can be messed up.

Additionally, this is a defense that allowed nearly 50 points per game in their losses. They return a ton of experience.. but it was a ton of experience off a really, really bad defense.

Shelby Valley might be able to make a run to the 3rd Round of the playoffs or I could just as easily see them losing in the First Round again. If the defense doesn't improve leaps and bounds they will struggle to beat anyone with a pulse.

Pikeville will manhandle them in scrimmage format... the good news is Valley wouldn't have to play a team like Pikeville until the Semi's at the earliest most likely.
(08-08-2022, 09:27 AM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]Magoffin’s defense pretty much shut Valley’s offense down in their scrimmage Saturday night. Valley receivers beat the Magoffin secondary deep a couple of times but the ball was either under or overthrown. Other than that they were held in check. The Magoffin d-line got pressure on the QB and forced him out of the pocket a lot, which is not the QB’s strong point. I was very impressed with the Magoffin defense considering Coach Derosett just got here in January. They were leaps and bounds better than years last.
Just hearing some talk here and there, Magoffin from Day one was told that they would work the hardest at the Defensive side of the ball.  With DeRossets experience coaching at UPIKE and Cabell Midland he seems like that holds truth with what we seen on Saturday.  His Defensive coach (not sure who he is) has some energy and I believe the kids feed off that.  

point is, If Shelby valley wants to win that district they need to brush up on some O-line work because if Magoffin brought heat, you know Pikeville will see the film and they will feed off that.  

valley is well coached and they are a very solid team.  And yes That defense in the losses gave up a lot of points but I believe they will get those kinks worked out for the Pikeville scrimmage. If not, it could be a long night for SV
^I know Magoffin will be much improved under Derosset no doubt. But Pikeville is a different animal x 100 and this scrimmage vs SV will not be competitive from the first snap.
(08-09-2022, 01:15 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^I know Magoffin will be much improved under Derosset no doubt. But Pikeville is a different animal x 100 and this scrimmage vs SV will not be competitive from the first snap.

I agree with you on this one.  Pikeville is just unbelievable.  Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.
I don't understand why Shelby Valley would schedule this scrimmage. Pikeville by a lot.
(08-09-2022, 01:27 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why Shelby Valley would schedule this scrimmage. Pikeville by a lot.

They have guys they believe are very good and to prove you are good you have to take tough scrimmages and games and gain respect and build momentum.
Exactly.

Osborne is hyped up as a really really good QB. No better way to test that
(08-09-2022, 01:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2022, 01:27 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why Shelby Valley would schedule this scrimmage. Pikeville by a lot.

They have guys they believe are very good and to prove you are good you have to take tough scrimmages and games and gain respect and build momentum.
Scrimmages are different than a real game. A lot of 2nd and 3rd team guys get 1st team reps in a scrimmage. If I’m not mistaken this group of Valley juniors beat Pikeville in middle school I believe 50-0 so it may be more competitive than people think.
(08-09-2022, 10:22 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2022, 01:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Scrimmages are different than a real game. A lot of 2nd and 3rd team guys get 1st team reps in a scrimmage. If I’m not mistaken this group of Valley juniors beat Pikeville in middle school I believe 50-0 so it may be more competitive than people think.
1. The year SV beat Pikeville JH big, they then beat Pikeville 16-14 in the county championship. Then in the 3rd meeting Pikeville knocked SV out of the state playoffs.

2. People must not know these two teams did this same scrimmage last year at SV and it was a bloodbath.

3. It’s a brand new year and SV could compete this time around. 

4. But I doubt it.
(08-09-2022, 10:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]1. The year SV beat Pikeville JH big, they then beat Pikeville 16-14 in the county championship. Then in the 3rd meeting Pikeville knocked SV out of the state playoffs.

2. People must not know these two teams did this same scrimmage last year at SV and it was a bloodbath.

4. But I doubt it.
Pikeville scrimmaged Pike Central last year at Shelby Valley. 

SV scrimmaged Harlan County
(08-10-2022, 01:23 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2022, 10:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]1. The year SV beat Pikeville JH big, they then beat Pikeville 16-14 in the county championship. Then in the 3rd meeting Pikeville knocked SV out of the state playoffs.

4. But I doubt it.
Pikeville scrimmaged Pike Central last year at Shelby Valley. 

SV scrimmaged Harlan County
You are correct! Brain fog, my bad. My interest in this scrimmage just went way up. Still say Pikeville rolls but interested to 
see Osborne vs. Pikeville defense.
Pikeville Jr High and Shelby Valley middle school are also scrimmaging at 4PM

Pikeville's Jr high team has a future stud on their team in 8th grader RB/LB, Jayden Justice. He's been the best player the last two years on his FBU Team Ky team and Kentucky Future Stars teams.
PJH looks to be loaded. I thought this was a real game. Dang. Check out highlights from Johnson Co Middle scrimmage on PJH Football twitter, impressive. Don't know score or if they even kept score.

@PanthersJH
(08-10-2022, 09:52 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville Jr High and Shelby Valley middle school are also scrimmaging at 4PM

Pikeville's Jr high team has a future stud on their team in 8th grader RB/LB, Jayden Justice. He's been the best player the last two years on his FBU Team Ky team and Kentucky Future Stars teams.

Jayden is a stud because he’s supposed to be a sophomore in HS. Aand when you have a 2 year holdback, you’re going to have a stud.  He definitely is a great player, but he’s 15 will be 16 as a freshman.  

Jeremiah Anderson is a “stud” LB too.
(08-10-2022, 10:32 PM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2022, 09:52 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville Jr High and Shelby Valley middle school are also scrimmaging at 4PM

Jayden is a stud because he’s supposed to be a sophomore in HS. Aand when you have a 2 year holdback, you’re going to have a stud.  He definitely is a great player, but he’s 15 will be 16 as a freshman.  

Jeremiah Anderson is a “stud” LB too.
He's 14.

90% of your best players (probably 100% here in EKY) have all been heldback.

Anderson is a great player too.
Pages: 1 2