Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Wheelersburg (OH) 8/12 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Raceland will travel to Wheelersburg, Ohio 8/12 for a scrimmage 

Who you got?
They are playing at Raceland if the field gets finished on time.
I believe this scrimmage will be ran more like a real game
Last year Burg hammered us in this scrimmage and I hope we have a better showing this year. Burg traditionally is one of the tougher teams in the tristate area and this will be a good early test for the Rams. According to people I’ve talked to close to the Burg program they are supposed to have a pretty good team this year but not as good as they were when they had their State Championship run. No matter how it shakes out I hope both squads make it out injury free and get better after this scrimmage.
Well putting together scrimmages with these as the first two teams is pretty darn good!
Beat all out of state teams. Go Raceland!
(08-07-2022, 12:37 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]They are playing at Raceland if the field gets finished on time.
Scrimmage is @ Wheelersburg Friday @ 7 PM.
(08-07-2022, 01:45 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this scrimmage will be ran more like a real game
1st 3 quarters are Varsity and the 4th is Jv.
This will give us a good idea of what we have to work on before next week. Burg will likely have the advantage on the atheletic side. If we can hang with them, I like where we are. If its a blow out, im concerned.
(08-12-2022, 01:49 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]This will give us a good idea of what we have to work on before next week. Burg will likely have the advantage on the atheletic side. If we can hang with them, I like where we are. If its a blow out, im concerned.
Yeah but they blew us out last year and the season turned out ok. Idk if I would be to concerned over the result of any scrimmage. I wouldn’t even be concerned if we got beat by Assland next week.Just get through the next few weeks with the right attitude for the boys and work on the things that need to be fixed. I’m worried about two things with this team. Line play and special teams. Raceland needs to make special teams play special again. Idk if we have a good enough line to play with a really good team or not. We will find out in week four
I should be more specific. I dont necessarily worry about the actual outcome, but more of the competitive level of the game. Ive seen alot of good things at practices and its been with 1s vs 1s. Just hoping it translates.
7-7 Halftime
(08-12-2022, 09:23 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]7-7 Halftime
Are you watching it ??
(08-12-2022, 09:24 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2022, 09:23 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]7-7 Halftime
Are you watching it ??

No. Facebook post.
Defense...very good. I think both offenses ran about 10 total different plays between them. Bith teams very atheletic.
Any report on this one? Surely some of the Raceland faithful watched this one from start to finish.
Raceland Football will host the Ashland Tomcats on the campus of Wheelersburg High School in the season opener next Saturday night, August 20th, at 7:30 pm.
Raceland Streaming in conjunction with Kool Hits 1057 will have the audio and video production. We hope you’ll join us on Saturday as we kick off the 2022 football season!

Someone needs to tell Raceland streaming on Facebook to make their videos public so anyone can watch. Right now you have to have a Facebook to watch their videos.
(08-12-2022, 11:46 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland Football will host the Ashland Tomcats on the campus of Wheelersburg High School in the season opener next Saturday night, August 20th, at 7:30 pm.
Raceland Streaming in conjunction with Kool Hits 1057 will have the audio and video production. We hope you’ll join us on Saturday as we kick off the 2022 football season!

Someone needs to tell Raceland streaming on Facebook to make their videos public so anyone can watch. Right now you have to have a Facebook to watch their videos.

I watch the games on YouTube.
(08-12-2022, 11:49 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2022, 11:46 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland Football will host the Ashland Tomcats on the campus of Wheelersburg High School in the season opener next Saturday night, August 20th, at 7:30 pm.

Where at on YouTube?
Mytowntv won’t be doing Raceland games this year. Only Russell Ironton Ashland and Boyd.
(08-12-2022, 11:52 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Mytowntv won’t be doing Raceland games this year. Only Russell Ironton Ashland and Boyd.

Who is doing Raceland’s games?
(08-12-2022, 11:45 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Any report on this one?  Surely some of the Raceland faithful watched this one from start to finish.
My takeaway was the defense looks solid.  We did a good job at swarming the ball on running plays and the secondary looks really good.  Offensively we have some work to do.  It looked like we were looking for the big play home run more than just being patient and moving the ball.  QB also needs to be more patient and not force throws as much.  All in all not a bad showing and I feel good about playing even with one of the traditional powerhouse programs in the tri-state.
(08-12-2022, 11:50 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2022, 11:49 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]

Where at on YouTube?

When Mytown did Raceland’s games, I watched on YouTube instead of Facebook.
(08-12-2022, 11:54 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2022, 11:52 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Mytowntv won’t be doing Raceland games this year. Only Russell Ironton Ashland and Boyd.

Who is doing Raceland’s games?

Raceland streaming on Facebook. The problem is they have their videos blocked to anyone who doesn’t have a Facebook.
My town moved to 208 16th street and split from koolhits. Mytowntv will have their own in-house audio teams dedicated to each of the 4 schools. Koolhits will still have audio for Russell and Boyd though.
Rams really solid on defense. Burg had 18 yds on the ground in first half. Offense was good at times just need to clean some poop up and get consistency.
Score?
Varsity portion after 3 quarters was 7-7
Says enough for me that no one is talking about the game on Southeastern Ohio Preps. It’s filled with Wheelersburg homers who talk about how great they are all the time. Raceland must have put them in their place tonight if they have nothing to say.
(08-13-2022, 12:52 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Says enough for me that no one is talking about the game on Southeastern Ohio Preps.  It’s filled with Wheelersburg homers who talk about how great they are all the time.  Raceland must have put them in their place tonight if they have nothing to say.

A lot of Ironton fans there as well.
Pages: 1 2