Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Taylor County @ Corbin 8/05 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taylor County @ Corbin 8/05 Scrimmage 7:00 at Campbell Field. 

Who you got?
Running game against running game. Hmmm!!
Taylor County:

Peyton Smith rushed for 1841 yards last year with 23 Touchdowns. 

Kaden Smith his brother rushed for 1001 yards and 16 Touchdowns.

Corbin:

Cameron Combs  rushed for 563 yards and 9 Touchdowns.

Zander Curry rushed for 3 yards and 0 Touchdowns

Brody Wells played defense..............
The Smith trio for Taylor County will be even better this year. Peyton was just a freshman last year and his brother a sophomore. Also, OL Hayes Johnson has several major D1 offers, including UK, Baylor, Michigan State, Purdue, Louisville and UT. I think this will be a great scrimmage for each program.
(08-04-2022, 07:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Taylor County:

Corbin:

If you where trying to cause my ears to turn red with that last comment, it worked…
(08-05-2022, 10:50 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Corbin:

If you where trying to cause my ears to turn red with that last comment, it worked…

Big Grin You and me both feel the same way. Bossdaddy too.

Corbin:

My great great grandmother is a Wells.
(08-05-2022, 02:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Corbin:

Would she make my ears turn red too?
(08-05-2022, 07:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2022, 02:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Corbin:

Would she make my ears turn red too?

Probably.lol
Well, good night for football. Corbin and Taylor both hit there big plays. Really cant say one was any more ahead of the other. Both had plenty of big plays. As for Corbin, Cameron and Kade split QB time and both looked good to me. I thought Combs looked really good passing and running the ball. Still ruff around the edges but a work in progress.
Final score varsity?

(08-05-2022, 11:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Well, good night for football. Corbin and Taylor both hit there big plays. Really cant say one was any more ahead of the other. Both had plenty of big plays. As for Corbin, Cameron and Kade split QB time and both looked good to me. I thought Combs looked really good passing and running the ball. Still ruff around the edges but a work in progress.
(08-06-2022, 12:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Final score varsity?

(08-05-2022, 11:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Well, good night for football. Corbin and Taylor both hit there big plays. Really cant say one was any more ahead of the other. Both had plenty of big plays. As for Corbin, Cameron and Kade split QB time and both looked good to me. I thought Combs looked really good passing and running the ball. Still ruff around the edges but a work in progress.

No score. They ran 10 plays each and then did some drives. Taylor had there way running the ball...... But West, Bolton, Wells and Neal wasn't in either on defense at that time. Its a hard scrimmage to read honestly for evaluation. 

One thing I saw was Combs was the first QB in rotation and Elam second. Looked to me that a rotation in that position might be what we see. I don't like that. 

Combs looked like the best player on the field last night for Corbin on offense. He was in top form. 

Taylor County looked really good IMO..

Nice running backs....
(08-06-2022, 12:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

(08-05-2022, 11:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Well, good night for football. Corbin and Taylor both hit there big plays. Really cant say one was any more ahead of the other. Both had plenty of big plays. As for Corbin, Cameron and Kade split QB time and both looked good to me. I thought Combs looked really good passing and running the ball. Still ruff around the edges but a work in progress.

No score. They ran 10 plays each and then did some drives. Taylor had there way running the ball...... But West, Bolton, Wells and Neal wasn't in either on defense at that time. Its a hard scrimmage to read honestly for evaluation. 

One thing I saw was Combs was the first QB in rotation and Elam second. Looked to me that a rotation in that position might be what we see. I don't like that. 

Combs looked like the best player on the field last night for Corbin on offense. He was in top form. 

Nice running backs....
I’m glad they don’t really keep scores in these things. Teams are usually very vanilla in scrimmages and just want someone else to hit. One thing I’ve learned over the years is to never make predictions based off of 7 on 7 or scrimmages. I would’ve loved to see West head to head with the Taylor County kid as they’re probably the two best 2024 linemen in the state. 

Unfortunately in high school ball, we really have to wait til game one to know what a team is holding. Would loved to have watched last night but I had no problem being out of town doing back to school shopping for once seeing as we didn’t wait til the 19th to take the weekend to blow money.
Aren't the two backs from Taylor brothers? I'm pretty sure one is only a soph. He had over a thousand yards rushing last year. They return a lot from a 9 win team.
(08-06-2022, 04:51 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't the two backs from Taylor brothers? I'm pretty sure one is only a soph. He had over a thousand yards rushing last year. They return a lot from a 9 win team.

Yes. I see why they won 9 games. They looked like a very competitve 3A team looking to make a run this year. They lost I think to Glasgow 2 times and Green County. Good looking team.
Sam marple has really put taylor in such a spot. A lot of the previous successes at Bell are contributed to him and now he has his team in one hell of a spot going into year 4. Hope they can shock a lot of people and make a huge hit in 3A.

I’m not getting the feeling from the people on here that Corbin had the best showing or maybe as good as they should’ve? Is trouble stirring or has the red hound faithful become surprisingly humble
(08-06-2022, 05:50 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Sam marple has really put taylor in such a spot. A lot of the previous successes at Bell are contributed to him and now he has his team in one hell of a spot going into year 4. Hope they can shock a lot of people and make a huge hit in 3A.

I’m not getting the feeling from the people on here that Corbin had the best showing or maybe as good as they should’ve? Is trouble stirring or has the red hound faithful become surprisingly humble
Overall I thought we did as expected. Offense hit big plays and did some good things. Special teams , well we already know about that. Defense was the only real issue I seen. We Had a LB go down early on so that hurt. Our other OLB was out of town. They rotated 2  linemen in on D that plays O line as well.  When they did that they couldn’t run on us. So I’m not sure where you’re seeing trouble in this thread. Nor does anyone say anything pertaining to that. As far as being humble not sure where your point is on that. We love our team as much as anyone , and make them out to be studs because they are.  I’m glad you point out as well as others I’ve read on various posts calling out  the redhound faithful. I’m glad to know that we’re being recognized for what we are no matter the situation or record, and that ppl are so obsessed with trying to poke jabs at the “redhound faithful” as much as liberals go after trump. That scrimmage was very low key. So for anyone to feel we’re in trouble or trouble brewing is absurd. And yes I was there for the entire scrimmage.

(08-06-2022, 05:50 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Sam marple has really put taylor in such a spot. A lot of the previous successes at Bell are contributed to him and now he has his team in one hell of a spot going into year 4. Hope they can shock a lot of people and make a huge hit in 3A.

Overall I thought we did as expected. Defense was the only real issue I seen. We Had a LB go down early on so that hurt. Our other OLB was out of town. They rotated 2  linemen in on D that plays O line as well.  When they did that they couldn’t run on us. So I’m not sure where you’re seeing trouble in this thread. Not does anyone say anything pertaining to that. As far as being humble not sure where your point is on that or that it makes any sense. We love our team as much as anyone , and make them out to be studs because they are.  I’m glad you point out as well as others I’ve read on various posts calling out  the redhound faithful. I’m glad to know that we’re being recognized for what we are no matter the situation or record, and that ppl are so obsessed with trying to poke jabs at the “redhound faithful” as much as liberals go after trump. That scrimmage was very low key. So for anyone to feel we’re in trouble or trouble brewing is absurd. And yes I was there for the entire thing.
They always say if you’re playing 2 Qbs,
Then you don’t have one. We do though, we have to great ones. Hilton Jr. needs to stop playing politics and worrying about hurt feelings and name one. You can have 2 leaders on offense…..
(08-06-2022, 06:34 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]

Overall I thought we did as expected. Offense hit big plays and did some good things. Special teams , well we already know about that.  Defense was the only real issue I seen. We Had a LB go down early on so that hurt. Our other OLB was out of town. They rotated 2  linemen in on D that plays O line as well.  When they did that they couldn’t run on us. So I’m not sure where you’re seeing trouble in this thread. Nor does anyone say anything pertaining to that. As far as being humble not sure where your point is on that. We love our team as much as anyone , and make them out to be studs because they are.  I’m glad you point out as well as others I’ve read on various posts calling out  the redhound faithful. I’m glad to know that we’re being recognized for what we are no matter the situation or record, and that ppl are so obsessed with trying to poke jabs at the “redhound faithful” as much as liberals go after trump. That scrimmage was very low key. So for anyone to feel we’re in trouble or trouble brewing is absurd. And yes I was there for the entire scrimmage.

Overall I thought we did as expected. Defense was the only real issue I seen. We Had a LB go down early on so that hurt. Our other OLB was out of town. They rotated 2  linemen in on D that plays O line as well.  When they did that they couldn’t run on us. So I’m not sure where you’re seeing trouble in this thread. Not does anyone say anything pertaining to that. As far as being humble not sure where your point is on that or that it makes any sense. We love our team as much as anyone , and make them out to be studs because they are.  I’m glad you point out as well as others I’ve read on various posts calling out  the redhound faithful. I’m glad to know that we’re being recognized for what we are no matter the situation or record, and that ppl are so obsessed with trying to poke jabs at the “redhound faithful” as much as liberals go after trump. That scrimmage was very low key. So for anyone to feel we’re in trouble or trouble brewing is absurd. And yes I was there for the entire thing.
I mean dang man it sounds like you have a lot of built up stress or anger about something. Maybe the red hounds not picking a QB? Maybe losing every year and not making it over the hump since the 80s? I don’t know man. All i said is the fan base is quiet after the scrimmage. Typically on this website, corbin plays in a JV 7v7 and the world explodes. I love that about the red hounds faithful i love the passion. I was just commenting on how none of the posts were super positive like the “red hounds are ready for a trip to kroger” that i’ve seen on here since 2018 after the first day in pads. And saying that there’s no trouble, the very next post after yours is Hound talking about hilton junior being too scared to pick a QB. Sounds like trouble stirring to me.
(08-06-2022, 10:08 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]They always say if you’re playing 2 Qbs,
Then you don’t have one. We do though, we have to great ones. Hilton Jr. needs to stop playing politics and worrying about hurt feelings and name one. You can have 2 leaders on offense…..

Hilton Jr. Big Grin .
(08-06-2022, 10:14 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]

Overall I thought we did as expected. Offense hit big plays and did some good things. Special teams , well we already know about that.  Defense was the only real issue I seen. We Had a LB go down early on so that hurt. Our other OLB was out of town. They rotated 2  linemen in on D that plays O line as well.  When they did that they couldn’t run on us. So I’m not sure where you’re seeing trouble in this thread. Nor does anyone say anything pertaining to that. As far as being humble not sure where your point is on that. We love our team as much as anyone , and make them out to be studs because they are.  I’m glad you point out as well as others I’ve read on various posts calling out  the redhound faithful. I’m glad to know that we’re being recognized for what we are no matter the situation or record, and that ppl are so obsessed with trying to poke jabs at the “redhound faithful” as much as liberals go after trump. That scrimmage was very low key. So for anyone to feel we’re in trouble or trouble brewing is absurd. And yes I was there for the entire scrimmage.

I mean dang man it sounds like you have a lot of built up stress or anger about something. Maybe the red hounds not picking a QB? Maybe losing every year and not making it over the hump since the 80s? I don’t know man. All i said is the fan base is quiet after the scrimmage. Typically on this website, corbin plays in a JV 7v7 and the world explodes. I love that about the red hounds faithful i love the passion. I was just commenting on how none of the posts were super positive like the “red hounds are ready for a trip to kroger” that i’ve seen on here since 2018 after the first day in pads. And saying that there’s no trouble, the very next post after yours is Hound talking about hilton junior being too scared to pick a QB. Sounds like trouble stirring to me.

I don’t know Sgt Slaughter personally as this is a message board but I can promise you he’s a brother and I’d stand behind him no matter what…Are there things your reading into that have traction obviously, yes things haven’t gone as expected the last couple years and there’s a lot of dissatisfaction from it, but I promise there’s one thing that won’t change and that’ll be 11 kids on offense and 11 on defense that’ll give everything they have for the Hounds and we’ll love them for it no matter the outcome, always have, always will.  Do we expect more? Obviously yes we do but I through all the ranting that I’ve posted only want our kids to know one thing and that’s that I have their interests at heart, I want everything for them, all the wins, the titles, the feelings I want it all for THEM…It’s a scrimmage let’s see what happens maybe Dudley Jr has some tricks up his sleeve I hope for these kids I love as much as my own he does…
(08-06-2022, 10:14 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]

Umm…. No. You’re trying to make it bigger than what it is. I’m sorry, but who is your team again?
(08-06-2022, 03:17 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice running backs....
I’m glad they don’t really keep scores in these things. Teams are usually very vanilla in scrimmages and just want someone else to hit. One thing I’ve learned over the years is to never make predictions based off of 7 on 7 or scrimmages. I would’ve loved to see West head to head with the Taylor County kid as they’re probably the two best 2024 linemen in the state. 

Unfortunately in high school ball, we really have to wait til game one to know what a team is holding. Would loved to have watched last night but I had no problem being out of town doing back to school shopping for once seeing as we didn’t wait til the 19th to take the weekend to blow money.
Of course no score was kept, Taylor County spanked that hound butt. Heard Taylor County has a nice dinner after scrimmage at local restaurant to celebrate the Win.

Sam has a nice team. I see them in the thick of it in November...

Now as far as my opinion on what I saw, I gave it. Wasn't enough there to go with. I personally don't like a scrimmage where not much is going on but looked more like Corbin coaches was trying to figure out who was going to play where honestly. Unlike last year, they had it worked out already but this year with all the rain and no camp to figure it all out I guess this was the time to do it against a live team. QB situation was a shocker really, I can't believe we are this close to the Pigskin and they don't have that part lined out and working on the offense. So honestly we are behind. I personally don't like being behind because then you are scrambling to put stuff in and learning on the fly. So thats what I saw. But as far as having talent and big plays, Corbin had plenty themselves. 

As far as Taylor County winning...... I would have posted it if they won they did do good. Thats a good looking team. But Corbin was better IMO comparing the two teams as far as a contest. But give Taylor there credit, they scored and scored plenty. But it would have been a high scoring game Not much defense honestly. Defense wins championships and it all goes back to a coach willing to make adjustments and watch game film.............. 
(08-07-2022, 12:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Sam has a nice team. I see them in the thick of it in November...

Now as far as my opinion on what I saw, I gave it. Wasn't enough there to go with. I personally don't like a scrimmage where not much is going on but looked more like Corbin coaches was trying to figure out who was going to play where honestly. Unlike last year, they had it worked out already but this year with all the rain and no camp to figure it all out I guess this was the time to do it against a live team. QB situation was a shocker really, I can't believe we are this close to the Pigskin and they don't have that part lined out and working on the offense. So honestly we are behind. I personally don't like being behind because then you are scrambling to put stuff in and learning on the fly. So thats what I saw. But as far as having talent and big plays, Corbin had plenty themselves. 

As far as Taylor County winning...... I would have posted it if they won they did do good. Thats a good looking team. But Corbin was better IMO comparing the two teams as far as a contest. But give Taylor there credit, they scored and scored plenty. But it would have been a high scoring game Not much defense honestly. Defense wins championships and it all goes back to a coach willing to make adjustments and watch game film.............. 
100 percent agree with this all the way around. Taylor has a great team but they are no pikeville or franklin. Corbin has a couple days to game 1 they better get it all situated. They don’t have the cupcake game 1 like other teams in the region have. Hopefully this scrimmage gave the coaching staff the look they needed to establish a depth chart at least.
(08-07-2022, 09:49 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2022, 03:17 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice running backs....

Of course no score was kept, Taylor County spanked that hound butt. Heard Taylor County has a nice dinner after scrimmage at local restaurant to celebrate the Win.
If you mean our local wal-mart then yea great dinner. Lol. I parked beside their busses and a couple of parents. Dairy Queen was closed I hope they enjoyed our finest cuisine we had to offer. Lol