Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Johnson Central 8/06 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pikeville @ Johnson Central 8/06 Scrimmage. 

Who you got?
Will be very competitive
Who cares it’s a scrimmage. But I will take JC. Replacing Coaches kid at Pikeville May take a while to get machine rolling. Pikeville will give them all they want but I’d say JC is a little stronger.
(08-01-2022, 09:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Will be very competitive

Wasn’t it a good scrimmage between these two teams last year?
Should be really competitive. Both teams are a lot alike, just play a different brand of football.
Winning Brand.
JC wins this one!
Imo, this will be a very competitive scrimmage. Either way it goes, it will be close. Going with the Panthers though.
I’m really glad these two teams are at least scrimmaging. This will prepare both teams to start the season strong. What time is the scrimmage?

JC has the backfield this year to beat anybody in the state but they lost a lot off of the offensive line. They have been pretty good at reloading each year on the line so hopefully that happens again this year. It will be interesting to see who Coach Peck starts under center. That will be his first big decision as head coach.
The outcome is meaningless as is the case with all scrimmages, just as long as teams avoid any serious injuries.

Having said that I'm very interested too see how competitive these teams are with each other, and it would a awesome Pike County Bowl matchup sometime in the next few years.

I'm also very interested too see how Raceland and Belfry compete with each other, a nice little preview for 4 of the best teams in the mountains...if you consider Raceland a mountain team.
(08-02-2022, 04:07 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]The outcome is meaningless as is the case with all scrimmages, just as long as teams avoid any serious injuries.

Having said that I'm very interested too see how competitive these teams are with each other, and it would a awesome Pike County Bowl matchup sometime in the next few years.

I'm also very interested too see how Raceland and Belfry compete with each other, a nice little preview for 4 of the best teams in the mountains...if you consider Raceland a mountain team.

Raceland is #1 in 1A & predicted to win it all but wouldn't consider them a mountain team.
(08-02-2022, 04:46 PM)Gargamels Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2022, 04:07 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]The outcome is meaningless as is the case with all scrimmages, just as long as teams avoid any serious injuries.

Raceland is #1 in 1A & predicted to win it all but wouldn't consider them a mountain team.

Woah
This would be a good scrimmage to watch.
(08-02-2022, 04:46 PM)Gargamels Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't expect another running clock but the 0'fer will continue for the Rams.
JC
(08-03-2022, 11:44 AM)maximus73 Wrote: [ -> ]JC
I’m really curious to see how JC rebuilt OLine looks against the big studs Pikeville has returning. I don’t know who is going to QB for Pikeville this year and breaking in a new QB could be a issue against a team like JC. Number 12 for Pikeville was the best player I seen last year so this should be fun to watch.
FWIW. The Raceland hype machine isnt coming from anyone in the Raceland camp. We have worn the preseason favorite label before and its yet to pan out with a State Championship. We have more tallent than we have ever had. We have mire tallented experience than we have ever had. The offseason program produced major results, more than it ever has. Practices are more intense and more competitive than they have ever been. All point us to going in the right direction, but the fact of the matter remains that we have yet to play a game, so there is no way in hell I am buying into whoever put us at #1. We will be good? Damn sure should be! But we gotta play a game first!
JC has always been able to produce big linemen and backs
(08-03-2022, 05:59 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW. The Raceland hype machine isnt coming from anyone in the Raceland camp. We have worn the preseason favorite label before and its yet to pan out with a State Championship. We have more tallent than we have ever had. We have mire tallented experience than we have ever had. The offseason program produced major results, more than it ever has. Practices are more intense and more competitive than they have ever been. All point us to going in the right direction, but the fact of the matter remains that we have yet to play a game, so there is no way in hell I am buying into whoever put us at #1. We will be good? Damn sure should be! But we gotta play a game first!

Honestly if Pikeville doesn't repeat then I hope Raceland wins it, you guys deserve one even though I would no longer be able to use my O'fer line anymore lol.  Though I primarily just like to use that against 2 certain posters lol.

Raceland has to avoid having to travel to Pikeville in November in my opinion, that won't end well again for the Rams.

Here's to the teams meeting at Kroger Field, that would be pretty awesome, though Hazard could knock either team off in the playoffs because they are gonna be good.
Scotty_Bronson I team could have more talent, more players, best off season work outs and conditioning, best turf field around BUT get out coached. Raceland has had some great teams past 6-7 yrs. but why run spread offense? Run the ball Wallace kid should have well over 1,000 yds this season and Raceland show be able to have another RB with over 1,000 yds

JC Vs Pikeville scrimmage Interesting to see offense changes for JC see how their line performs and do they have depth
Pikeville only benefit is when they play belfry schedule wise Pikeville has a tough schedule
(08-03-2022, 03:43 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 11:44 AM)maximus73 Wrote: [ -> ]JC
I’m really curious to see how JC rebuilt OLine looks against the big studs Pikeville has returning. I don’t know who is going to QB for Pikeville this year and breaking in a new QB could be a issue against a team like JC. Number 12 for Pikeville was the best player I seen last year so this should be fun to watch.

The only way Raceland doesn't make it to Lexington this year is if the bus breaks down....They'll be clear #1 RPI when the dust settles.  Would like to see a Raceland vs. Hazard/Pikeville championship game
Again...idk who is who on here, but those closest to the program know what we can potentially be. That is state champions. Thoses closest to the program also know that we have had the ability to do that or so we thought, in years past, but were unable to complete it. This is the most tallented team we have ever had and I will leave it at that.
Why is this scrimmage Saturday instead of Friday?

(08-04-2022, 05:15 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Again...idk who is who on here, but those closest to the program know what we can potentially be. That is state champions. Thoses closest to the program also know that we have had the ability to do that or so we thought, in years past, but were unable to complete it. This is the most tallented team we have ever had and I will leave it at that.
Until they beat Pikeville in the playoffs hard to believe they will. Really haven’t been competitive with them recently.
Pikeville’s offense is gonna be dangerous with Boykins at QB. They move the ball really well with him behind center. Duty had a much better arm though.
Halftime of the scrimmage JV's finished out the last two 10 play series for each team.

Pikeville is going to be a force running the football. The only big runs they've ripped off so far was with Boykins, but they ran the ball nicely the whole first half of this scrimmage. Pass blocking hasn't been great for Pikeville. JC got to Duty and almost blew up a few other plays in the backfield, but Boykins was able to slip out of a few tackles.

Pikeville has scored once so far with Boykins.

Johnson Central to me is clearly the better team so far. They've scored 2 times I believe with their varsity, maybe another could've went for a 3rd touchdown, but the coaches blew the whistle. They're aggressive and good at what they do.

Boykins is the fastest kid on the field. A for sure difference maker for Pikeville.
Second half of scrimmage is being played like a live ball game...
Pikeville gets down to the JC redzone and turns it over on downs. Looking like Pikeville plans to use both QB's.
JC goes 3 and out.... Pikeville takes over at midfield...
Pikeville goes 3 and out... JC takes over on their own 21
Pikeville strips JC back at the goal line and Pikeville recovers.... touchback!
Pages: 1 2 3