Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (22) Kentucky 99 - Pikeville College 64 (Exhibition)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky looked solid the whole game, and the two that stood out where Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson. Meeks finished with 34 points (27 in 1st half), and Patterson finished with 21 points. The whole team looked good, and shot 64% from the field. The Bears have a real nice player in Ferguson, he really stood out from all the other Pikeville College players, but I think after this team plays a few games they'll be tough to handle in the Mid-South Conference.

Cats next exhibition is Saturday against Seattle.
awesome game!!!! pikeville got owned
Meeks was on fire! Patterson is gonna be a beast!
It was really nice to see a coach actually coaching on the sidelines instead of sitting in his chair rubbing his forehead and drinking bottled water.
I was thinking the same thing DevilsWin. Thats what a coach is really all about and I loved it. Patterson was good in this game, but to me, the man is Jodie Meeks. He showed last year in games and is doing it again this year. He should have been starting last year but oh well, that was a different time under a different coach. I know this was just an exhibition but I think the team could be better than expected this year. Still a few things they need to work on, but overrall it was a good showing.
The Cats looked pretty good. It could've been better had they not had a hard hour practice earlier in the day. They played sloppy with the ball at times but that is to be expected in the first warm-up of the season. Jodie Meeks was feeling it tonight, I was really impressed with the way he played. I was also impressed to see the guys scrap after the ball and get on the floor. Give the guys time to gel and I think we could be in for a solid first year under BCG.
Man UK looked really good tonight they really did. Patterson had an awesome debut as a wildcat and Meeks is our offensive goto guy. Overall they looked very impressive. Brandon Kidd who went to Betsy Layne High School got some PT and got a bucket v.s. UK congrats to him and the rest of the Pikeville team and congrats to UK!
Meeks looked VERY soild!~ I think U.K. plays great when Legion is in the game! But Meeks has gotten even more bulked since last year! Love the number change too! Meeks looked like Sharaye Thomas, lol, and then I woke up from that nightmare, LOL!!!!!!!!!!
I think Pikeville played much better in the second half and will do well competing against other teams in their division. I was impressed with the hustle and shooting of William "Bo" Harris. He has really matured in the last year and it showed last night.
PC should be proud to have scored over 60 points against UK. Everyone knew the game wouldn't be close, but the PC guys didn't quit trying.

This is going to be an exciting year for UK. Coury, Patterson, Bradley, and Meeks seem to be playing with heart as well as skill. For an exhibition game, I was really impressed with the new coach and the new team.
busted-yo-bubble Wrote:awesome game!!!! pikeville got owned
As an NAIA school should by a premier NCAA D1 school.

Great effort by Pikeville.
Way to go Cats!!!
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky looked solid the whole game, and the two that stood out where Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson. Meeks finished with 34 points (27 in 1st half), and Patterson finished with 21 points. The whole team looked good, and shot 64% from the field. The Bears have a real nice player in Ferguson, he really stood out from all the other Pikeville College players, but I think after this team plays a few games they'll be tough to handle in the Mid-South Conference.

Cats next exhibition is Saturday against Seattle.

Half of em will flunk out and be ineligible for the second half of the season. I'm wonderin how in the **** some of em are even playin right now.

UK looked real good, Jodie Meeks was awesome (of course everybody's already said that), Patterson looked real good. I'm excited about the season, I'm ready for them Tar Heels.
UK looked really good. They played some hard nosed defense all night long. Meeks and Patterson were awsome. I think UK will be a top ten team before long. It was nice to Billy G on the sidelines and not TUBBY. Go CATS!

I think Pikeville has the potential to be a very solid team this year. The one big thing Coach Wells has to do is get this team to play as a team. I don't know his name but number 31 done more harm for Pikeville than good. I was impressed with the big guy for Pikeville and congratulations to Hazard's Justin Hicks' for working his way into the starting lineup as a freshman.
Good to see Betsy Layne's Brandon Kidd get in the scoring column at the end of the game. You knew all the kids that got in at the end with East Kentucky ties were going to do whatever it took to get their names in the scorebook...Good to see that kind of hunger.

Pikeville didn't embarrass themselves and never quit. Good showing by the Bears.
I was sitting in the stands before tip off. I was thinking, how nervous is Justin Hicks, his first college game, first college start, and a freshman looking up and seeing the Kentucky jersey at half court in Rupp Arena.

I also have to say, Pikeville took a good following to Rupp. In every section of fans, you could see some orange. There were tons more blue than orange
I thought UK looked good last night. Some areas we need to work on like protecting the ball and how to handle pressure but i am sure that will come soon.
Pikeville looked good as well. They should do well in the Mid-South.

Only one thing from last night made me angry. How can Coach Wells let that one guard wear his uniform like that? I know everyone else had to see that. The baggy jersey and the shorts all the way down to his shoes!!! Come on that looked awful.
UK did give up too many offensicve rebounds for Gillispie's liking. Id say he had them running some extra stairs today!
It wa weird rooting against UK, never had to that befoe but Meeks was the bear killer in th game. He was unstoppable, hit everything. Hopefully PC will take this as a good expirience and keep their heads up and do well in NAIA play. I think they should play pretty competively with Marshall. I also liked the Bear's uni's NICE!!
I thought Crawford was injured I seen him during this game what is his updates?
What did Jamie Case get a T for?
How come trevor didnt dress out for the game?
15th region slamdunk Wrote:How come trevor didnt dress out for the game?

I think he is just on the JV team.
He got a T for calling a timeout when pikeville had none left
4_real Wrote:He got a T for calling a timeout when pikeville had none left

oh alright then thanks for clearing that up i had stepped out of the room for a min and when I came out i saw them shooting the FT's and then saw on the internet where get got a T.
very good game but despite the great blocks by pat patterson and scoring by meeks former greenup counties tyler wolfenbarkers jumper at the end of the game was the best part keep on representing the 16th region Tyler!!
Redneck Wrote:Half of em will flunk out and be ineligible for the second half of the season. I'm wonderin how in the **** some of em are even playin right now.
Now why is there a need for something like that? That's ridiculous. Those guys have obviously worked hard to prepare for the season and are undoubtedly doing well enough in their classes to to be playing right now. There is just no need for comments like this. These kids are working hard, both on the court and in the classroom.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Now why is there a need for something like that? That's ridiculous. Those guys have obviously worked hard to prepare for the season and are undoubtedly doing well enough in their classes to to be playing right now. There is just no need for comments like this. These kids are working hard, both on the court and in the classroom.
I AGREE!!!!!THANK you for saying that.
How many kids returned from last years team? How many on last years team played the first semester but were ineligible the second semester? How many of em got to go to summer school to get eligible even though players from other sports weren't given that same chance when they had better grades.
This is exactly what I hoped would be the outcome. I wanted UK to assert their dominance and win by 30-40 points, but not so bad that Pikeville would've been embarassed. Good start for UK, and I'm sure it was an experience the Pikeville players will never forget!
Redneck Wrote:How many kids returned from last years team? How many on last years team played the first semester but were ineligible the second semester? How many of em got to go to summer school to get eligible even though players from other sports weren't given that same chance when they had better grades.

There is no need in that redneck..I think a lot of kids have trouble with the school work and playing sports. Didn't you?
Redneck Wrote:How many kids returned from last years team? How many on last years team played the first semester but were ineligible the second semester? How many of em got to go to summer school to get eligible even though players from other sports weren't given that same chance when they had better grades.
I think I am actually going to have to agree with Redneck on this one...The only reason I do agree is because this has happened at Pikeville College now for the last 5 or 6 years....I know it started when the last coach was there....I think they went on a streak where they only graduated like 3 or 4 players....I really hope this is not the case this year because the Bears could be really good come confernece time....I also hope this doesnt happen because Coach Wells is a classy guy and I would hate for this to happen to him....But like I said, based on the past I will have to agree....But anyway, good luck to the Bears this season....I'd really like to see them get back on track and play a few local boys along the way lol.
Pages: 1 2