Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Carter @ Greenup County 8/05 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
West Carter @ Greenup County 8/05 Scrimmage. 

Who you got?
West Carter should be the favorite in their district again this season as they look for their 5th winning season in a row under Coach Barker, who is 34-15 since taking over in 2018. It’s clear they are building a program at West and not just getting lucky with a couple good classes of athletes coming through.

Greenup, on the other hand, has to find some wins as they are 2-13 over the last 2 seasons. They have a playmaking QB in the younger Sammons. We will see if their line has developed in the off-season.

West should be far more polished in this scrimmage but Sammons has the ability to make a few plays against anyone.
Sammons has play making ability, but this one will be tough to tell much of anything from imo. If West struggles, its going to be a step back year. If Greenup is successful it will breath some life i to them, imo. I dont look into this onw too much though.
Anyone hear how this scrimmage went?
(08-07-2022, 03:56 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone hear how this scrimmage went?

This scrimmage was shown live and recorded by https://www.facebook.com/manitssportsmedia/ or on their youtube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZWzN_V...0umXLKyobQ .
Thanks. I watched this one. I didn’t realize the returning QB for West transferred to East. That will hurt West and benefit East.

These teams were fairly even with West maybe looking a tad bit better than Greenup. This scrimmage format wasn’t conducive to Greenup’s best play, though, which is the QB scramble after the rush comes. They blew the play dead every time the rush came.
(08-07-2022, 06:26 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.  I watched this one.  I didn’t realize the returning QB for West transferred to East.  That will hurt West and benefit East.

These teams were fairly even with West maybe looking a tad bit better than Greenup.  This scrimmage format wasn’t conducive to Greenup’s best play, though, which is the QB scramble after the rush comes.  They blew the play dead every time the rush came.

Wow, idk what scrimmage you watched, but west was definitely not the better team. The 20 minutes of offense each team ran was remotely close.  But when it went to down and distance, GC 1’s weren’t stopped.  3 drives for td’s in just 10 minutes.  West used 20 minutes and finally scored once against GC freshman.  In the 2 minute drill GC went 60 yards to score with 20 second to spare.  West went 4 and out.  So it wasn’t even close!!!!!!!!
Need to pay more attention to details before you post nonsense

(08-07-2022, 06:26 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.  I watched this one.  I didn’t realize the returning QB for West transferred to East.  That will hurt West and benefit East.

These teams were fairly even with West maybe looking a tad bit better than Greenup.  This scrimmage format wasn’t conducive to Greenup’s best play, though, which is the QB scramble after the rush comes.  They blew the play dead every time the rush came.
Fair enough. I only watched the first sessions where both teams had the ball for 20 minutes apiece. I figured that was enough to make a fair evaluation as most of these scrimmages devolve into running personnel in the game who will never see the field in meaningful minutes after the initial varsity portion of the scrimmage. During the 20 minute sessions, each team scored twice but Greenup fumbled once and threw one pick as well. I just thought West moved the ball a little better. However, Greenup’s QB is capable.
Let’s just say it was very one sided when the sticks went up!!!!!