Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic @ Frederick Douglass 8/05 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Catholic @ Frederick Douglass 8/05 Scrimmage. 

Who you got?
Freddie
I got Freddie D as well. I cant wait to see some of these teams play and what they are going to look like with all the coaching changes.
Catholic has some really talented skill kids on offense, but only 1 returning starter, Schlarman, on the OL. They will struggle to run the ball against FD due to lack of experience and the fact that FD has 2 DL going D1. I would think short quick passes to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers will be plan of attack in 2022.

Defensively, same situation. Undersized on the DL but the back 7 will be very good.

Lost a lot of experience, size and production on both sides of the ball from last seasons team but I expect them to make some noise in 2023 regardless of division.

Too bad current coach was not around the last 2 seasons. Talent wise, those were 2 of the best teams Catholic has had in some time, maybe better than the 2016 State runner up team. and the teams that lost to Highlands 4 consecutive years in state semi - finals.
I think Catholic struggles some this year. But they still have a winning record. I agree that they should be a pretty good team in '23. I think they hired the right coach. Time will tell.
Any details on this game?