Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chase Parsley Named Head Coach For Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think is a good hire for the future of Prestonsburg
I personally haven’t seen him draw any x and o seems to connect to players well we will see him on the big stage this year wonder how he will fair in the loaded district we are about to find out
(06-18-2022, 12:50 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally haven’t seen him draw any x and o seems to connect to players well we will see him on the big stage this year wonder how he will fair in the loaded district we are about to find out

I wouldn't say the district is loaded.  Arguably the 58th is the weakest in the state.  It's definitely the weakest in the 15th region.  But IMO he will do fine.  He's young and can connect to the players, he does great at skill work and that's a big instrumental part in building players.  He won't climb the ladder to cut nets down but he will make steps in the right direction.  If they win more games than last year and the numbers climb In the program then the season is a success   too many times people think it's championship or bust but in pburgs case they just to take steps in the right direction  the success isn't going to be overnight but it will come
Terrible hire.
I’m a little surprised by this hire. Cannot wait to see what he can do. We’ll know a lot before June 30 on what type of impact this hire will have.

Good luck to Chase and welcome to Prestonsburg… Go Blackcats!!!
(06-18-2022, 08:59 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a little surprised by this hire. Cannot wait to see what he can do. We’ll know a lot before June 30 on what type of impact this hire will have.

You think kids leave?
(06-18-2022, 09:59 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2022, 08:59 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a little surprised by this hire. Cannot wait to see what he can do. We’ll know a lot before June 30 on what type of impact this hire will have.

You think kids leave?
No, I just think there’s more shuffling around that’ll be done before July 1. I’d almost bet they add kids before they lose any.
(06-18-2022, 10:11 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2022, 09:59 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

You think kids leave?
No, I just think there’s more shuffling around that’ll be done before July 1. I’d almost bet they add kids before they lose any.

That’s what I was thinking
It doesn't matter who they add.
-2 with a possible addition what i'm hearing on the transaction wire so far. what about the blackcat middle schooler's?  they have some young talent if they stay but may got north or south on 23 Woah
I’m going to hold my judgement on this until things shake out, but if bringing kids from other counties is the play here, you’ve just set Prestonsburg back even more than it already has been. Prestonsburg is ready to compete now. They’ve proven that this summer. If you start trying to replace what you have with kids from other areas then you’re about to have a major blow up in this town.
(06-18-2022, 09:54 PM)BCF4L Wrote: [ -> ]I’m going to hold my judgement on this until things shake out, but if bringing kids from other counties is the play here, you’ve just set Prestonsburg back even more than it already has been. Prestonsburg is ready to compete now. They’ve proven that this summer. If you start trying to replace what you have with kids from other areas then you’re about to have a major blow up in this town.
Be interesting for sure because I feel like coaches are now being hired for what they bring with him. Not saying that’s the case here but who knows
Good fit for the both of them. I can see Coach Parsley leading the Blackcats to 6 wins this year!!
(06-18-2022, 09:54 PM)BCF4L Wrote: [ -> ]I’m going to hold my judgement on this until things shake out, but if bringing kids from other counties is the play here, you’ve just set Prestonsburg back even more than it already has been. Prestonsburg is ready to compete now. They’ve proven that this summer. If you start trying to replace what you have with kids from other areas then you’re about to have a major blow up in this town.
I thought I read somewhere that kids leaving schools trying to fit into a better place was the norm now.  There’s no way Prestonsburg blows up if transfers come in…the parents will welcome them with open arms.  

I mean come on, Prestonsburg don’t have 5 start recruits and competing for state championships every year, heck or even a district championship for that matter.  They better not blow up for one or two kids coming in if they do, they Just need to hang it up.  They better worry about kids leaving than coming in.  

there’s no issue with the hire for me, I think a young coach will bring some spark in but people need to sit back and relax, Prestonsburg unfortunately has struggled in its 3 major athletics programs in the past few years.  Take what you can get and move on.
Hopkins should find a new job in a new school system as soon as possible. He's given everything to the Blackcats only to be crapped on by idiots.
(06-19-2022, 08:49 AM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]
I thought I read somewhere that kids leaving schools trying to fit into a better place was the norm now.  There’s no way Prestonsburg blows up if transfers come in…the parents will welcome them with open arms.  

I mean come on, Prestonsburg don’t have 5 start recruits and competing for state championships every year, heck or even a district championship for that matter.  They better not blow up for one or two kids coming in if they do, they Just need to hang it up.  They better worry about kids leaving than coming in.  

there’s no issue with the hire for me, I think a young coach will bring some spark in but people need to sit back and relax, Prestonsburg unfortunately has struggled in its 3 major athletics programs in the past few years.  Take what you can get and move on.
Nobody knows what Prestonsburg has. Some kids here have now played for 3 coaches in 3 years. We keep hiring people with zero intention of staying. I’m not saying this happens here but let’s be real: the only reason JJ is still at Martin County is due to family. Eventually that’s going to run out and guess who they’re gonna call to replace him. That’s my issue. Someone that played at Martin, coached at Martin will not stay away from Martin.
(06-19-2022, 03:49 PM)BCF4L Wrote: [ -> ]

Nobody knows what Prestonsburg has. Some kids here have now played for 3 coaches in 3 years. We keep hiring people with zero intention of staying. I’m not saying this happens here but let’s be real: the only reason JJ is still at Martin County is due to family. Eventually that’s going to run out and guess who they’re gonna call to replace him. That’s my issue. Someone that played at Martin, coached at Martin will not stay away from Martin.
They are going to call Dylan James!  If he wants to come back to the mountains and he will have credentials to justify the hire.
(06-20-2022, 01:10 PM)kai Wrote: [ -> ]

They are going to call Dylan James!  If he wants to come back to the mountains and he will have credentials to justify the hire.
Where’s James at now?
(06-20-2022, 01:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Where’s James at now?
He’s on staff at GRC.
(06-20-2022, 03:57 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2022, 01:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2022, 08:49 AM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I read somewhere that kids leaving schools trying to fit into a better place was the norm now.  There’s no way Prestonsburg blows up if transfers come in…the parents will welcome them with open arms.  

Where’s James at now?
He’s on staff at GRC.

Be hard to leave GRC
James also teaches at GRC
Back to whay I was saying the 58th the weakest in the state I think not are we going to act like pikeville plays Jenkins every year who is know to be a weaker program while pikeville is a powerhouse but then circle go pike central and phelps and belfry one of them is always in the regional tournament automatically I would call thay weak only having 3 teams not defending the 58th just saying it’s not the weakest
I think Coach Parsley needs to be given a chance. I know a lot of people are upset with the hire, but he seems to be a players coach who seems to have a good understanding of the game. Prestonsburg could benefit by some outside kids coming in, because I don't feel like they are ready to compete in the 15th region at this time. They have some young talent, but this team needs some older kids to step up and take on a leadership role. They won five games last year by beating teams such as Rose Hill, Phelps, and Morgan County, so I don't see a major turnaround without some help from the transfer portal. I look for them to improve, but how much is the biggest question.
Unfortunately this is may be a short stop for him. I don’t think he will be there long.
(06-21-2022, 01:24 PM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: [ -> ]I think Coach Parsley needs to be given a chance. I know a lot of people are upset with the hire, but he seems to be a players coach who seems to have a good understanding of the game. Prestonsburg could benefit by some outside kids coming in, because I don't feel like they are ready to compete in the 15th region at this time. They have some young talent, but this team needs some older kids to step up and take on a leadership role. They won five games last year by beating teams such as Rose Hill, Phelps, and Morgan County, so I don't see a major turnaround without some help from the transfer portal. I look for them to improve, but how much is the biggest question.

I agree with this post. 

I think with the current roster, Prestonsburg is still a year or two out from competing with the regions best teams consistently. Slone, Lawson, Allen, Napier, etc all still need to be developed and learn to play within' a system that fits them. There's just been too much turnover with the boys basketball program lately and it's only hurting the kids. Hopefully Parsley has a long term plan with the program and they can finally turn this thing around. It's going to take time, but there's a good foundation of younger guys here to get it going. I think if they can add in some more talent via transfer then that only speeds things up.
It’s going to be interesting to see which players from Martin County transfer to play for Chase.
If parents & fans leave parsley alone at prestonsburg he will develop PRESTONSBURG INTO A REGIONAL CONTENDER!!!
(09-22-2022, 08:15 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]If parents & fans leave parsley alone at prestonsburg he will develop PRESTONSBURG INTO A REGIONAL CONTENDER!!!
I believe he is one of the best up and coming coaches out there. It will be interesting to see if they can keep him there if another school comes calling. If they do keep him and he can keep the younger Kids in his feeder programs from transferring to neighboring schools he will build a great program and Prestonburg will be a regional contender year in and year our
Hearing the Keathley boy from Mullins enrolled at Adam’s middle with plans on playing Varsity for Coach Parsley
Parsley is a good hire for prestonsburg , heard rumblings some of the p burg faithful was upset about the hire.  If he’s left alone and given time he will do really good things for the basketball program at p burg