Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 for 13th, 14th and 15th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are your 2022/2023 top 5 for the 13th, 14th, and 15th Regions?
14th
1. Wolfe
2. Estill
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5. Hazard
The 14th will be as even next year as it has been in a long time.

Estill has to replace a ton. They’ll enter the season with no varsity pitching experience at all.

Wolfe loses a couple big pieces but return a solid core with a ton of big game experience.

Perry has to replace Dixon and Hughes which are 2 big pieces.

Letcher returns basically everyone and has a chance to be really good. They’ll also host the region I think.

Breathitt loses Tincher but returns a good group of players trying to get over the hump.

Hazard was really young this year with a lot of talent and just have to replace a couple
Of players.

My Top 5 for 2023 right now is
1. Wolfe
2. Letcher
3. Perry
4. Breathitt
5. Hazard
6. Estill
(06-15-2022, 07:21 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The 14th will be as even next year as it has been in a long time.

Estill has to replace a ton. They’ll enter the season with no varsity pitching experience at all.

Wolfe loses a couple big pieces but return a solid core with a ton of big game experience.

Letcher returns basically everyone and has a chance to be really good. They’ll also host the region I think.

Breathitt loses Tincher but returns a good group of players trying to get over the hump.

Hazard was really young this year with a lot of talent and just have to replace a couple
Of players.

1. Wolfe
2. Letcher
3. Perry
4. Breathitt
5. Hazard
6. Estill
I do believe you’re right with your pick of Estill. A lot of talent loss to try and overcome when your middle school didn’t have the best of years. 

Wolfe does lose a couple but I think they’ll be fine. Seems to be a common thing there with them making deep post season runs. Wouldn’t think next year would be any different. 

While losing Dixon and Hughes will be tough, perry has a good underclass group to help possibly fill those voids. 

I believe breathitt will be a stronger team next season. Losing tincher definitely hurts but I think they’re solid enough that they’ll move right on forward without her. 

Letcher should be the favorite in my opinion. They lose one person I believe so they should be loaded and ready to go. 

Hazard needs a couple of pieces and a couple more years to be really competitive in my opinion. They’re talented but very young. Solid pitcher would help them a lot.
14th Top 5
1. Letcher Central
2. (3 way tie) Estill, Wolfe, Perry Central 
3. Breathitt
4. Lee

I think Breathitt & Lee could surprise many.
Perry
Wolfe
Letcher
Hazard
Breathitt
Updated

Letcher
Wolfe
Perry
Estill
Breathitt
Might ought to put Lee in the mix. With Cundiff & Wright, they could be a spoiler.
Got to have more than 2 to spoil.
15th region 2022-23
1. Pike County central
2. Lawrence county
3. Johnson central
4. Belfry
5. Magoffin county
14th Region
1. Wolfe - Got the guns back.
2. Perry - good young group.
3. Letcher - strong pitching
4. Estill - tradition
5. Hazard - can Fields kid put them on another level?
Heard today that Bobby Ratliff has pulled some tricks out of his hat and got some of Hazards best kids to Perry. One being a really good pitcher. Can’t blame the kid for transferring to Perry. Bobby has the best program in the 14th. Will more come to Perry from Hazard, only time will tell.
(08-18-2022, 12:33 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Heard today that Bobby Ratliff has pulled some tricks out of his hat and got some of Hazards best kids to Perry.  One being a really good pitcher.  Can’t blame the kid for transferring to Perry.  Bobby has the best program in the 14th.  Will more come to Perry from Hazard, only time will tell.
Heard he got one from Jackson and Knott also. He is a great coach and has a solid program so not shocked.
(08-18-2022, 12:33 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Heard today that Bobby Ratliff has pulled some tricks out of his hat and got some of Hazards best kids to Perry.  One being a really good pitcher.  Can’t blame the kid for transferring to Perry.  Bobby has the best program in the 14th.  Will more come to Perry from Hazard, only time will tell.
Who’d they get dukeboy? Fill us in. I wasn’t aware they had more than combs that was a pitcher.
Think she is a Mullins. Not 100% sure on that though. Bobby is a workhorse. Not to many coaches can match his energy and determination.
(08-18-2022, 07:20 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Think she is a Mullins.  Not 100% sure on that though.  Bobby is a workhorse.  Not to many coaches can match his energy and determination.
Oh yeah I remember the kid you’re talking about now. She may have developed a lot since last season but I don’t think she’ll help him any. Theirs a lot of kids there that play multiple positions. Is she better than Grigsby at pitcher? Just not sure why she’d leave to go somewhere that she’s not gonna have alot of playing time unless their was a lot of promises made.
Was she going to pitch over Combs and Fields at Hazard? Well maybe Combs because she simply just don’t feel like pitching at times. Mullins kid will be Perry’s 2. So she can pitch some varsity and I’d imagine every JV game. Not a bad position for a grade school kid to be in if you ask me. Perry lost Hughes girl who pitched 200 games for PCC. Can Grigsby pitch that much? Maybe, time will tell but I think Mullins will get plenty time.
(08-19-2022, 09:27 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Was she going to pitch over Combs and Fields at Hazard?  Well maybe Combs because she simply just don’t feel like pitching at times.  Mullins kid will be Perry’s 2.  So she can pitch some varsity and I’d imagine every JV game.  Not a bad position  for a grade school kid to be in if you ask me.  Perry lost Hughes girl who pitched 200 games for PCC.  Can Grigsby pitch that much?  Maybe, time will tell but I think Mullins will get plenty time.

I don’t know the fields kid but I do know combs and you’re right. She’s not really sold on pitching. So if she’d stayed at hazard if the fields kids would’ve been the 1, wouldn’t she have been the 2 and been in about the same position she’s in now according to what you’re saying? No I don’t think Grigsby can go that much and partly I think that’s a coaching error because she should’ve been getting more reps and building herself up to that point. Losing Hughes will be tough on them. I don’t think Grigsby or Mullins is gonna be able to fill that void. I guess time will tell. 
(07-09-2022, 09:05 PM)Justthefacts1 Wrote: [ -> ]Might ought to put Lee in the mix. With Cundiff & Wright, they could be a spoiler.
I’m not 100% certain but I think Wright enrolled at Wolfe County late in the summer.
You are correct and she will be a big help to the Lady Wolves.
(06-15-2022, 07:21 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The 14th will be as even next year as it has been in a long time.

Of players.

1. Wolfe
2. Letcher
3. Perry
4. Breathitt
5. Hazard
6. Estill
(08-15-2022, 12:37 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]14th Region
1.  Wolfe - Got the guns back.
2.  Perry - good young group.
3.  Letcher -  strong pitching
4.  Estill - tradition
5.  Hazard - can Fields kid put them on another level?

I think Wolfe and Perry will fight hard to win the region. Wolfe has put Perry out twice now but Perry won’t have a very good pitcher this year, however a good field to back her up.
(08-15-2022, 12:37 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]14th Region
1.  Wolfe - Got the guns back.
2.  Perry - good young group.
3.  Letcher -  strong pitching
4.  Estill - tradition
5.  Hazard - can Fields kid put them on another level?

I think Wolfe and Perry will fight hard to win the region. Wolfe has put Perry out twice now but Perry won’t have a very good pitcher this year, however a good field to back her up.
Region winners
13th- CORBIN
14th-LETCHER COUNTY CENTRAL
15TH- PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
16TH-BOYD COUNTY
(01-15-2023, 07:25 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Region winners
13th- CORBIN
14th-LETCHER COUNTY CENTRAL
15TH- PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
16TH-BOYD COUNTY
I’d say that’s a pretty good looking group warriorhawk. I think there’s a couple more teams in each region that will give these four a run. But this could definitely be the region champs of each region. Going to be an interesting 2023 season. Looking forward to seeing things get started.
Letcher, Wolfe, Perry, Breathitt, Hazard, and Estill will battle for the 14th this season. Just depends on whose bats are working at that time. Heard the 7th grade fields girl is close to 60 now. So Hazard has a shot. Grigsby can replace Hughes at Perry. Both about similar in speeds. Wolfe has Creech who has a ton of experience on the mound. Breathitt has the girl they call Red and Butler girl. Estill is just Estill, you know they have something coming up. Letcher has 3 or 4 good arms that throw gas. Good competitive region this season.
(01-16-2023, 04:32 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Letcher, Wolfe, Perry, Breathitt, Hazard, and Estill will battle for the 14th this season.  Just depends on whose bats are working at that time.  Heard the 7th grade fields girl is close to 60 now.  So Hazard has a shot.  Grigsby can replace Hughes at Perry.  Both about similar in speeds.  Wolfe has Creech who has a ton of experience on the mound.  Breathitt has the girl they call Red and Butler girl.  Estill is just Estill, you know they have something coming up.  Letcher has 3 or 4 good arms that throw gas.  Good competitive region this season.
Pretty well put. Fields can be really good and still so young. Grigsby can be the next stud pitcher for Bobby. Creech has a ton of experience on the mound and in the batters box learning from her sisters over the years. Breathitt has red and Butler which is a great 1-2 punch. Being young for so many years will finally benefit them with seniority. Estill has a transfer from Montgomery Co but she is young and Needs to get cleared to play. Letcher as far as all around I think stands the best chance to win region. Good bats and 3-4 different pitchers to go to. Coach Perkins may have his year finally.

(01-16-2023, 04:32 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Letcher, Wolfe, Perry, Breathitt, Hazard, and Estill will battle for the 14th this season.  Just depends on whose bats are working at that time.  Heard the 7th grade fields girl is close to 60 now.  So Hazard has a shot.  Grigsby can replace Hughes at Perry.  Both about similar in speeds.  Wolfe has Creech who has a ton of experience on the mound.  Breathitt has the girl they call Red and Butler girl.  Estill is just Estill, you know they have something coming up.  Letcher has 3 or 4 good arms that throw gas.  Good competitive region this season.
Pretty well put. Fields can be really good and still so young. Grigsby can be the next stud pitcher for Bobby. He has always had one really good pitcher. From Amburgey to Hughes to Grigsby. Creech has a ton of experience on the mound and in the batters box learning from her sisters over the years. Hazard and Coach Combs losing a couple transfers but gaining a few as well may help put the bulldogs in title contention. Mallory his daughter is an absolute stud player! Breathitt has red and Butler which is a great 1-2 punch. Being young for so many years will finally benefit the bobcats with seniority. Estill has a transfer from Montgomery Co but she is young and Needs to get cleared to play. Letcher as far as all around I think stands the best chance to win region. Good bats and 3-4 different pitchers to go to. Coach Perkins may have his year finally.

(02-18-2023, 01:32 PM)Lowdown Wrote: [ -> ]
Pretty well put. Fields can be really good and still so young. Grigsby can be the next stud pitcher for Bobby. He has always had one really good pitcher. From Amburgey to Hughes to Grigsby. Creech has a ton of experience on the mound and in the batters box learning from her sisters over the years. Hazard and Coach Combs losing a couple transfers but gaining a few as well may help put the bulldogs in title contention. Mallory his daughter is an absolute stud player! Breathitt has red and Butler which is a great 1-2 punch. Being young for so many years will finally benefit the bobcats with seniority. Estill has a transfer from Montgomery Co but she is young and Needs to get cleared to play. Letcher as far as all around I think stands the best chance to win region. Good bats and 3-4 different pitchers to go to. Coach Perkins may have his year finally.

(02-18-2023, 01:32 PM)Lowdown Wrote: [ -> ]
I’m still going with Wolfe and Estill this year as well. Softball is so much better in the 14th now from top to bottom as compared to10 years ago.
But with that being said, Wolfe or Estill  has won every regional title since 2017 so I’m going with one of those 2 teams this year as well until it’s not 1 of those 2.
Letcher Central is my top pick
(07-09-2022, 09:05 PM)Justthefacts1 Wrote: [ -> ]Might ought to put Lee in the mix. With Cundiff & Wright, they could be a spoiler.
Wright is at Wolfe County.
Pages: 1 2