Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trent Noah to North Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well looks like the rumors can be put to rest.  Done deal.  Jags gonna be a hard out for anyone.
The three headed monster of Sheppard, Noah & Davidson will be hard to handle in the 13th and hard to handle for the majority of the state. Add the experience of Brock and Dotson along with the up and coming Reece Davidson and you’re going to have a tough squad. The only weakness they’ll have will be their bench but they’ll be plenty good enough to repeat as 13th region champs.
(06-08-2022, 01:23 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]The three headed monster of Sheppard, Noah & Davidson will be hard to handle in the 13th and hard to handle for the majority of the state.  Add the experience of Brock and  Dotson along with the up and coming Reece Davidson and you’re going to have a tough squad.  The only weakness they’ll have will be their bench but they’ll be plenty good enough  to repeat as 13th region champs.

I think the weakness is going to be how the 4, 5, 6, and 7 guys can handle not ever shooting the ball. Game is only 32 minutes and not going to be a lot of touches for guys that are Shepherd, Noah, and Davidson. That's going to be hard train to keep a handle on, not saying their coach can't do it, but it's going to be a balancing act.
(06-08-2022, 11:25 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 01:23 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]The three headed monster of Sheppard, Noah & Davidson will be hard to handle in the 13th and hard to handle for the majority of the state.  Add the experience of Brock and  Dotson along with the up and coming Reece Davidson and you’re going to have a tough squad.  The only weakness they’ll have will be their bench but they’ll be plenty good enough  to repeat as 13th region champs.

I think the weakness is going to be how the 4, 5, 6, and 7 guys can handle not ever shooting the ball. Game is only 32 minutes and not going to be a lot of touches for guys that are Shepherd, Noah, and Davidson. That's going to be hard train to keep a handle on, not saying their coach can't do it, but it's going to be a balancing act.

good problem to have ?
Winning is all that will matter with this team.  All three will average double figures.
Where’s King Commodore and his band of mighty transfer deputies? Oh wait it’s not a Pikeville Girls Bball thread. Sorry for the interruption.
But it wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see North Laurel win the whole thing next year. Good luck young man, hope it works best for everyone involved.
The bench will be plenty deep enough they have alot of young talent on there bench
Scary for the 13th region to think they will have a chance against the monstars from space jam. This was rumored before the coach firing at harlan and after that it exploded. I wouldn’t wanna play for a middle school basketball coach with no experience that’s the head coach before hims brother. Terrible move by HC and they probably should’ve hired noah’s daddy to keep him there. Politics does wonders.
(06-09-2022, 09:01 AM)Lightsout3 Wrote: [ -> ]
The bench will be plenty deep enough they have alot of young talent on there bench

I'm hearing a lot of rumblings from that talented "bench" of upset players and parents about how this has been handled thus far. Be interesting to see if North Laurel can mesh this season or if they rip themselves apart.
I doubt they need any bench players with the all star cast they have. The bench kids will get some minutes at end when the starters have played enough for the scouts and fans. I’d say they get 5-7 min a game
Shame on Trent for going to North. All the rumbling parents kids have a chance to get a ring now. Their kids get to be on a better team. I mean really who could blame a kid and a family for wanting to get out of Harlan? The kid and parents are simply bettering themselves. Not that they are to goo for Harlan but for wanting to get their kid in a more centralized location, closer to sporting events, more opportunity. Harlan is two hours away from everything, about like Hazard actually. Me, I am happy for Trent. North Laurel parents have a good kid for their kids to be around and to learn from. That doesn’t happen much when transfers come rolling into town.
Why didn’t he just go to south or Corbin, it’s in a central location too. Kids not good enough at those places? Or is it because of one person?
(07-06-2022, 08:49 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]Why didn’t he just go to south or Corbin, it’s in a central location too. Kids not good enough at those places? Or is it because of one person?

In my opinion if all were options to relocate to then North Laurel was a no brainer. The quality of team currently in place, ability to compete for region/state title and also the exposure he gets joining forces with Shepherd. Putting those two together with Davidson also gets more attention from colleges to other guys on the team as well.

As for the other options, if he went to South Laurel then he would likely lose to North Laurel for the rest of his high school career but would probably continue to beat Corbin every game.

If he went to Corbin then he would likely lose to South Laurel every game like they have for years and almost certainly the same when they played North Laurel.
If you are gonna move, do something better. Go to a better situation. Maybe I should just write a book explaining all scenarios and reasons kids have for transferring.
So many eyes (College Coaches, College Recruiters) will be on North Laurel wherever they travel, whoever they play, especially with the addition to one of the best players in East KY, any kid with talent would be crazy if the opportunity arose not to transfer in, they'll get so many more looks for future opportunities. Coaches will want to see how the North Laurel's Magnificent Three play surrounded by others of similar talent. North will be riding high this season, high enough to compete and bring home the 2023 title, who knows with the private schools of the golden triangle doing what NL has done on a much larger scale for years welcomed and completely accepted? Only time will tell.
Nice post Spoozer.
(07-07-2022, 10:25 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]So many eyes (College Coaches, College Recruiters) will be on North Laurel wherever they travel, whoever they play, especially with the addition to one of the best players in East KY, any kid with talent would be crazy if the opportunity arose not to transfer in, they'll get so many more looks for future opportunities.  Coaches will want to see how the North Laurel's Magnificent Three play surrounded by others of similar talent.  North will be riding high this season, high enough to compete and bring home the 2023 title, who knows with the private schools of the golden triangle doing what NL has done on a much larger scale for years welcomed and completely accepted?  Only time will tell.

There will be a lot of pressure on the coach this season.
Yes it'll be on the leadership to put together a cohesive unit, and execute game plans, with disciplined play, NL will be everyones Super Bowl, there won't be much wiggle room for excuses & L's.
I guess I don’t know as much about recruiting as you guys, but it was always my understanding that 90 percent of recruiting was done on the AAU circuit in the spring and summer. I know Blair Green had coaches from UCLA and South Carolina and all over the country talking to her before she chose UK. I’m sure Maci Morris was a similar situation.

I’m curious to hear how many college coaches travel to London to try to talk Sheppard out of going to UK.
I’d sure hate to be coaching North Laurel, LMAO. Seriously what coach in their right mind want to coach a team like that. Coach V will do fine. It’s not the Xs and Os. Now he has plenty Jimmies and Joes. The big three all have a common goal. Anything else besides a State Title would be a disappointment.
Probably true for most fans, but I'd say there are 5-10 teams every year that think they "should" win a state title
(07-08-2022, 09:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I’d sure hate to be coaching North Laurel,  LMAO.  Seriously what coach in their right mind want to coach a team like that.  Coach V will do fine.  It’s not the Xs and Os.  Now he has plenty Jimmies and Joes.  The big three all have a common goal.  Anything else besides a State Title would be a disappointment.

It looks good on paper but he still has to win games that matter.
Anyone know how other 13th region teams are looking this summer? KC, Corbin, Harlan Co., Clay, S. Laurel...
Any truth of Trent going back to Harlan Co?
News just said so.
Realized he didn’t want to play second to reed , went to where he’s the go to guy. Understandable
A lot of players will be option 2 when they are on Reed Sheppard’s team. No matter if it’s college or the NBA. North could got them a ring with Trent. Personally I like winning a whole more than I do personal stats. Did Trent ever get eligible at North Laurel?