Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tanner Hall to Betsy Layne??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was told today that the guard from Floyd Central was playing with Betsy Layne. Has anyone heard anything about this?   He’s been a starter at Floyd Central the last few years.  Interesting move if true.
He’s played all the summer ball games with them looks like a great fit
Why would he leave Floyd Central? They’re arguably the best team in the 58th this year with Lc and BL losing a lot. He was FC starting point guard. Will he even start for BL?
He may not start but he will play on a winning ball club and before you even start saying that what have they proved they haven’t beat a quatuly team look and see who has the last laugh at the end of the year BL is head and shoulders above fc great move by the kid
So you’re telling the kid to get excited over a possible district title? That’s about all BL will achieve again this season. They’ve lost their two best players in Mims and Frasure. Replaced them with who exactly? BL can get excited about another district title all they want. Everyone plays for one goal every season and that’s to get to Rupp. Tanner Hall isn’t doing that at BL. Sorry.

As far as FC being better than Bl. I think that’s a possibility. Robinson and Kidd have never played without Mims and Frasure cleaning up everything. Jury is still out if they can lead a team of youngsters. FC has way more experience coming back plus add the DACE kids who BL middle has never beat.

You seem to be hyping BL up. It’s the same thing every off season with people on here doing that. They’ve won back to back district and that’s a good accomplishment for them but like I stated earlier. It don’t mean a thing unless you can play at the Sweet 16. They have a lot to prove. Actions speak louder than words. The same words they get spread every offseason about how good they’re going to be. Show me. Stop telling me.
Are we forgetting about Lawrence co who is always a solid ball club and well coached middle schoolers don’t win games…
(06-21-2022, 12:03 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]Are we forgetting about Lawrence co who is always a solid ball club and well coached middle schoolers don’t win games…
This thread was about Hall leaving FC for BL.  I was arguing against you about why I thought he should have stayed.  I said Bl at best has a chance at a district.  This convo has nothing to do with LC.  

About middle schoolers.  Bl is gonna start one of those middle schoolers that never beat DACE. That was my whole argument in it.   Are saying DACE has a better coach than Bl middle?
I feel like they have a good coach I have never met either of them never been to any of the games just heard about them in just saying last year Floyd central was supposed to be world beaters and didn’t do nothing nothing bad to them I think they are talented I’m just wondering why they didn’t do it last year whay changed I think bl still has 2 elite players and then Lawrence co may be a top 3 coached team in the region I hope they do do good I’m just saying they are losing a piece like tanner and adding another squad he wants to win why fault the kid he’s been there two years and hasn’t won

Inst this sprigs kid moving he never made a decision he wanted to move I heard that’s the main middle schooler
(06-21-2022, 12:14 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like they have a good coach I have never met either of them never been to any of the games just heard about them in just saying last year Floyd central was supposed to be world beaters and didn’t do nothing nothing bad to them I think they are talented I’m just wondering why they didn’t do it last year whay changed I think  bl  still has 2 elite players and then Lawrence co may be a top 3 coached team in the region I hope they do do good I’m just saying they are losing a piece like tanner and adding another squad he wants to win why fault the kid he’s been there two years and hasn’t won
The kid can do what ever he pleases.  Transfers don’t bother me at all.  The FC team was young last year.  He was the starting pg.  I was just curious as to why he would leave.  That’s why I started the thread.  BL losing their two best players and LC also losing their two best players. Just seem to me that it would be FC time.
Culture does mean a lot I saw them post about the hall kid lovong bl he moved last year so he may have just followed in his footsteps
(06-21-2022, 12:18 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2022, 12:14 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like they have a good coach I have never met either of them never been to any of the games just heard about them in just saying last year Floyd central was supposed to be world beaters and didn’t do nothing nothing bad to them I think they are talented I’m just wondering why they didn’t do it last year whay changed I think  bl  still has 2 elite players and then Lawrence co may be a top 3 coached team in the region I hope they do do good I’m just saying they are losing a piece like tanner and adding another squad he wants to win why fault the kid he’s been there two years and hasn’t won
The kid can do what ever he pleases.  Transfers don’t bother me at all.  The FC team was young last year.  He was the starting pg.  I was just curious as to why he would leave.  That’s why I started the thread.  BL losing their two best players and LC also losing their two best players. Just seem to me that it would be FC time.

Don't see FC surpassing Betsy Layne and Lawrence County. The talent gap may have shortened, but FC struggled after the holiday tournament in Pineville last season. Jags only won 3 of their last 14 games including getting embarrassed on their own floor against Betsy Layne in the district tourney. If Betsy Layne has added Hall to their team, they'll have a really strong starting 5 led by Robinson and Kidd. Add in Pente, Hall and Parsons and they're going to be hard to slow down.

I'm also going to guess that FC is going to do everything they can to try and make sure Spriggs enrolls at FC this upcoming school year.
(06-21-2022, 12:24 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]Culture does mean a lot I saw them post about the hall kid lovong bl he moved last year so he may have just followed in his footsteps

Personally I hope the kid Is happy at where ever he chooses to go. But saying he left bc of culture is crazy.   Unless he wants to have a WWF nickname and try to fight everyone because of losing.  Is that the culture you're talking about  Because it sure isn't a winning one. Don't agree the proof is in the pudding. Go look at the regional semi game.   We've heard the same thing for the last 2 years.  New posters get on here and hype up off-season accomplishments and new nicknames for betsy layne only to under perform dueing season..   When they win a region then you can post that but not until then and imo the kids best shot at winning at region was at FC. not this year but next as a senior with a team that's started and played together for the last 3 years..  in 2024 FC would have have the deepest bench and most talented/expirenced starting 5 in the 58th district and would have been a contender for the regional.
(06-21-2022, 12:24 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]Culture does mean a lot I saw them post about the hall kid lovong bl he moved last year so he may have just followed in his footsteps
I’m not aware of a Hall kid that played for BL last year.  Was he on JV?   Is Tanner related to this other Hall?  Could that have something to do with Tanner going to BL?
I’m just saying I think they have won what 2 districts titles and have made it to the semi’s both years so it’s starting to look like winning culture trust me I read the article on them fighting but are we just going to pretend this dosent happen all the time techs fights etc it’s not just them that game was just on the big stage I think he just got tired of going to watch the regionals tournament he wanted to play in it Fc is deep but I think bl has the edge 
Do not think the sprigs kid stays
(06-21-2022, 04:16 PM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m just saying I think they have won what 2 districts titles and have made it to the semi’s both years so it’s starting to look like winning culture trust me I read the article on them fighting but are we just going to pretend this dosent happen all the time techs fights etc it’s not just them that game was just on the big stage I think he just got tired of going to watch the regionals tournament he wanted to play in it Fc is deep but I think bl has the edge 
Do not think the sprigs kid stays

Winning culture.  2 okay seasons and winning a district in the weakest district in the state doesn't declare you having a winning culture.  And fighting happens all the time?   It happened twice last year in the 15th. 1 time was the ALL A. Surprise surprise it was BL. the other time was in the 15th AGAIN BL.    And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the FB team have altercations also that lead to the HC being suspended.   That's the culture their building.    Back to FC.   I think the hall kid was a huge asset but he was very replaceable.   I'm taking FC to win the 58th this year.  Sammons Moore and Burke will lead the way for the Jags and the young core coming up will play huge minutes.  Even without spriggs you have 3 of the top 5 freshman in that district with boyd Meade and Jenkins
It’s the start of a winning culture yes your right about one thing in that paragraph it’s not over night it’s over time now when they win the 3rd district title it’s another step towards that what does fc have to show about culture they’ve only been a school for 5 or 6 years. And are you talking about the game where the two brothers instigated the whole game and no one says nothing about them we are going to leave paintsville out of this convo???they are pretty dirty I watched that game I didn’t see anything wrong or worth getting threw out on I think the refs cheated them out of that tournament
(06-22-2022, 01:02 AM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the start of a winning culture yes your right about one thing in that paragraph it’s not over night it’s over time now when they win the 3rd district title it’s another step towards that what does fc have to show about culture they’ve only been a school for 5 or 6 years. And are you talking about the game where the two brothers instigated the whole game and no one says nothing about them we are going to leave paintsville out of this convo???they are pretty dirty I watched that game I didn’t see anything wrong or worth getting threw out on I think the refs cheated them out of that tournament

So you're already counting that BL will win the district?    And while you're putting blame on others let me ask you this.  They were 3 instances of fighting in the 15th last year  2 bball 1 fball.  All included BL and each a different team in all 3 cases.  So what's the constant variable there.   It's always some1 else's fault or the refs cheat or something with that program. Honestly it's the same every year.  Off-season until post season several new posters get on here brag up how good they are then when something goes wrong it's someone else's fault the refs had it out for them and we will get them next year. 
Yes.  FC has been a school for 5 or 6 years. And they have the same amount of district titles as BL in that time frame. so i guess their cultures are the same without the WWF cage matches during games.
And one more note about culture that you speak of. Did you know your mighty bobcats are the only team last year to have multiple parents and players ejected multiple games that's good culture you speak of.  More like a ticking time bomb.
I don’t think either of us can really talk because we aren’t in the kids shoes but from what I’ve seen I see good athletes with good intentions I’m sure none of us have done things in the heat of the moment and yes I’m willing to be a strong bet on it
I Don’t know the reason as to why he left FC, but I hope everything works out for him. He’ll be a great addition to BL. With his work ethic, it can only help the young core coming up.
(06-22-2022, 11:11 PM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think either of us can really talk because we aren’t in the kids shoes but from what I’ve seen I see good athletes with good intentions I’m sure none of us have done things in the heat of the moment and yes I’m willing to be a strong bet on it

Never said anything about the kids or being in the heat of the moment. You were bragging on the culture and I simply stated that the BL culture is only a good culture in the eyes who drink the kool-aid.  It starts with the adults and administration.  1) parents brag and praise when a altercation occurs with their players/kids to the point of making fb posts defending them.
2) parents/adults argue fight and make a scene to where they have been ejected numerous games in both football and basketball 
3)administration- why is it when a kid is ejected and suspended by the KHSAA the administration not only dis agrees they try to bend the rules for the kid by trying to add games to make the suspension less painful for the kid.   All they are doing is teaching the kids that don't worry what you do we will do our best to make sure your not punished. Then when it happens again in the seasons last game I personally read administration/coaches posts saying the kid wasn't at fault.  Every consequence has a repercussion. 
The culture they have is simple. We hype our team up and brag our team up from the start of June.  When we win we're the best in the land when we lose its the refs fault or some other excuse, and there's always that 80% chance either we're gonna fight you during or after the game.
That may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard but other teams do the same things trip kids get in altercations and Nothing is said
(06-25-2022, 11:17 PM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]That may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard but other teams do the same things trip kids get in altercations and Nothing is said

Are you delusional or just drank so much of the Kool aid you actually believe that.   Other teams do not do the same stuff.    They were 2 instances last year.  BL was the constant in that variable. If you go back 20 years they've been a few more instances were a fight has broken out at a fb or bb game. Guess who was involved. Ding ding ding. That is correct Betsy oh we never do anything wrong Layne.   Again. It's always an excuse.  Oh others do the same but nothing gets said.
Remember the video of the hall boy from pikeville tripping the east ridge kid and in the vid you can see him look at him how about the fugate mom who got ban from the expo for hitting a player ring a bell?
(06-28-2022, 03:47 PM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the video of the hall boy from pikeville tripping the east ridge kid and in the vid you can see him look at him how about the fugate mom who got ban from the expo for hitting a player ring a bell?

Alright I'll take the bait one last time and hopefully you will understand what I am saying.
CULTURE---[font=Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]A culture is [/font][font=Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]the expression of a team's values, attitudes, and beliefs about sports and competition[/font][font=Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]. It determines whether, for example, the team's focus is on fun, mastery, or winning, or whether it promotes individual accomplishment or team success.[/font]

As for the Pikeville kid who tripped a kid what 2 years ago. He recieved a tech not a ejection  a tech and was punished by the coaching staff for jeopardizing the teams success.  Results from punishment are multiple tournament teams district and regional Championships and a state championship and most importantly that kid never received another tech his entire hs career.

As for the Paintsville Mom-  I can't speak as if she learned a valuable lesson but I do know she wasn't ejected from any more games after her incident. The 2 boys from paintsville from what I was told was punished by the coach and neither of the 2 were ejected from any other game that season

Here's my point.  BL has kid a who recieves a double tech and ejection.  Was he punished you can say yes but the fact that the coach tried to schedule 2 games with a intergender home school team so the kid wouldn't have to miss a actual game.    Did he learn his lesson. I would say no considering he is suspended once again by the khsaa for the 1st 2 games this up coming season.  And if he was punished correctly then the example of his punishment would have carried over and may have helped his teammates from doing the same thing.  You remember dont you.  Down what 8 in the regional semis and because pcc gets a steal and a layup the teammates decide to try and fight.
Say what you want make whatever excuse you need to that helps you sleep at night, when it comes to culture BL has a reputation for being sore losers who do the same thing every year, there's tons of new posters who get on here hype the team up then make excuses when they fail to live up to the expectations. You even started a thread about 2 HUGE WINS IN SUMMER LEAGUE.   I'm sure if you could you'd hang a banner in that nice gym you have for those wins.    Matter of fact you may want to do that because at this rate it's the only kind of banner you'll hang. 
Here's some advice. Instead of bashing these schools you hate so much try to learn from them.  I mean they must be doing something right no ejection no bad talk and most importantly they're hanging banners about winning meaningful games like regionals and states not summer league
(06-28-2022, 03:47 PM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the video of the hall boy from pikeville tripping the east ridge kid and in the vid you can see him look at him how about the fugate mom who got ban from the expo for hitting a player ring a bell?

always looking to blame someone else other your Bobcats.   Dude you are just flat out making up stuff and trying to blame everyone else.   Since you want to throw parents and players out there what about Jeff Robinson and his crazy wife.  They act a fool everywhere they go.   How many gyms have they been thrown out of.  I’ve seen him lead out by cops at the regional tourney this year after he tried to get on the court to fight the players from Pike Central! I’ve seen him thrown out of an elementary school football game.  How many games has his son been thrown out of?   He got tossed from a football game and 2 basketball games this yea but I guess that’s everyone else fault.    Not only did your coach try and schedule 2 games to get him eligible to play he also went to the Floyd co board of education trying to get his suspension overturned.   All to win a game. 
The culture at Betsy Layne is terrible and is goes all the way to the elementary school level.  You have administration there that will do anything or allow kids to do anything to win at sports.    There are some really good people there but the few knuckle heads make them all look bad.   
So go ahead and keep pulling crap out of the air and blaming everyone but the parties involved.
I understand what your saying but there are class acts at Betsy Layne the mims kid and kidd kid and more on down the line I think that there is good culture there they had Frazier go to upike and mims go for football and howell for football I think you have to be a decent human to play at the next level theres defense bumps to say that it’s horrible culture is awful and so is the administration is ludicrous every team does stuff parents yell at all the games sometimes it gets out of hand but I believe those are some of the best kids just like the the kids from pikeville and paintsville and phelps they are just as good as them as far as people I think
Heard Andrew Kidd was headed to Pikeville.
Betsy layne is loaded. Will win the 58th district and a top 3 team in the 15th region and they are well coached.
(08-07-2022, 07:31 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Betsy layne is loaded. Will win the 58th district and a top 3 team in the 15th region and they are well coached.
I'd be willing to bet the bank says they don't win the 58th and they're definitely not top 3 team in the region.

FC returns all but 1 and the incoming freshman class may be better than their varsity starters from last year.   Yeah they lost hall but spriggs and Meade are both better players and they're just freshman.   BL lacks size and interior players Anyone with size will have they're way with them.  They return Brady Robinson and Andrew kidd and kidd may be the best player in the district but outside of that what other threat do they have. FC has Sammons Moore Burke and Buck returning with Jenkins Spriggs Meade and Moore coming in as freshman.   Then you look outside the district. Pikeville has the best player in the region by far with the best coach not to mention the addition of Johnson with the returning players like Jarrell and fitzer and that should make them clear cut favorites. PCC beat BL in the regionals and return the 2 players that won the game along with more.  Shelby Valley returns EVERYONE  JC will be better. Magoffin will be better.  I like coach Newsome and I've always thought he was a good coach but they were several times last season that had me scratch my head the lack of adapting to the game and changing the game plan during the game and making adjustments was a huge hurt for them.  Seems like they go in with a game plan and they stick to their smoking guns regardless of how it does.
(08-08-2022, 07:48 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2022, 07:31 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Betsy layne is loaded. Will win the 58th district and a top 3 team in the 15th region and they are well coached.
I'd be willing to bet the bank says they don't win the 58th and they're definitely not top 3 team in the region.

FC returns all but 1 and the incoming freshman class may be better than their varsity starters from last year.   Yeah they lost hall but spriggs and Meade are both better players and they're just freshman.   BL lacks size and interior players Anyone with size will have they're way with them.  They return Brady Robinson and Andrew kidd and kidd may be the best player in the district but outside of that what other threat do they have. FC has Sammons Moore Burke and Buck returning with Jenkins Spriggs Meade and Moore coming in as freshman.   Then you look outside the district.  Pikeville has the best player in the region by far with the best coach not to mention the addition of Johnson with the returning players like Jarrell and fitzer and that should make them clear cut favorites. PCC beat BL in the regionals and return the 2 players that won the game along with more.  Shelby Valley returns EVERYONE  JC will be better. Magoffin will be better.  I like coach Newsome and I've always thought he was a good coach but they were several times last season that had me scratch my head the lack of adapting to the game and changing the game plan during the game and making adjustments was a huge hurt for them.  Seems like they go in with a game plan and they stick to their smoking guns regardless of how it does.

FC doesn’t even know if Burke is playing. Rumor is he quit. Spriggs is a dandy. Meade will be a solid role player throughout his HS Career, but he’s not better than Hall. Jenkins won’t be bigger and older than everyone else, he probably won’t see meaningful varsity minutes as a freshman, neither will Meade. 

JC lost everyone but Ryan Rose. Come on now, can’t be that out of touch with the region. 

Pikeville, PC, SV, BL, Martin County will be your top 5 teams. I’d put BL at 4 or 5, but the way you’re talking is they’ll be lucky to make it past 1st round of the district. 

(08-09-2022, 02:22 AM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2022, 07:48 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]

FC returns all but 1 and the incoming freshman class may be better than their varsity starters from last year.   Yeah they lost hall but spriggs and Meade are both better players and they're just freshman.   BL lacks size and interior players Anyone with size will have they're way with them.  They return Brady Robinson and Andrew kidd and kidd may be the best player in the district but outside of that what other threat do they have. FC has Sammons Moore Burke and Buck returning with Jenkins Spriggs Meade and Moore coming in as freshman.   Then you look outside the district.  Pikeville has the best player in the region by far with the best coach not to mention the addition of Johnson with the returning players like Jarrell and fitzer and that should make them clear cut favorites. PCC beat BL in the regionals and return the 2 players that won the game along with more.  Shelby Valley returns EVERYONE  JC will be better. Magoffin will be better.  I like coach Newsome and I've always thought he was a good coach but they were several times last season that had me scratch my head the lack of adapting to the game and changing the game plan during the game and making adjustments was a huge hurt for them.  Seems like they go in with a game plan and they stick to their smoking guns regardless of how it does.

FC doesn’t even know if Burke is playing. Rumor is he quit. Spriggs is a dandy. Meade will be a solid role player throughout his HS Career, but he’s not better than Hall. Jenkins won’t be bigger and older than everyone else, he probably won’t see meaningful varsity minutes as a freshman, neither will Meade. 

JC lost everyone but Ryan Rose. Come on now, can’t be that out of touch with the region. 

Pikeville, PC, SV, BL, Martin County will be your top 5 teams. I’d put BL at 4 or 5, but the way you’re talking is they’ll be lucky to make it past 1st round of the district. 

Pages: 1 2