Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oneida Baptist Hires Larry Gritton, Jr. As New Head Basketball Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Statement from OBI Athletic Director, Jamie Middleton:

"OBI is pleased to announce Larry A. Gritton, Jr. as our new head boys’ basketball coach. Mr. Gritton is a proven Christian leader and mentor of young men and basketball players. Our search for a proven, fully committed coach to not only OBI’s basketball program, but more importantly OBI’s overall mission of educating young people for time and eternity, resulted in our school’s President stepping in to become our next head coach."
His dad Larry, Sr. was a good coach at OBI for many years back in the 1970s and ‘80s before leaving for a Florida high school. He played for his dad’s teams and he was a crafty and very talented guard. One thing I recall if he went to the foul line you could pretty much write down 2 points before he even took the shots.
Congratulations to Coach Gritton. I’m not sure but I believe this is his second time as the head coach of the Mountaineers’ boys basketball team. He is also school president, so he has a lot on his plate juggling both jobs.
Heard they hired him over Steve Wright.
(06-02-2022, 01:42 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Heard they hired him over Steve Wright.
Breathitt passed on Wright as well.