Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andre Woodson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Woodsen's games against SC and MSU do you think he is overrated as a Heisman Candidate?
Woodson is a good quarterback, but he isnt a Heisman candidate..just my opinion though..
If the team wins out & he throws 5-6 TD passes in each game then maybe, maybe, he gets some consideration for the Heisman. But anyone watching his performance today would eliminate him from their list.
Woodson will be in New York this December. Will he win the Heisman? I dont know after today's performance prolly not but if they win out and he throws for 300yards and 4-5 Tds a game, he'll have a chance imo with the shcedule left ( Vandy,UGA,Tenn) for Kentucky.
He's still a contender but not a top 3 or anything like that anymore. His stats alone are still good enough to keep him in it, and there's 3 big games left for him to prove himself.
Woodson is a fabolous player. he is not averrated
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:Woodson is a fabolous player. he is not averrated

I agree. This post was made as a sarcastic response to the Matt Ryan thread. One game doesn't make or break the ability of a qb. You all drive me crazy. Woodsen is a great qb. He is doing a fantastic job this year. Matt Ryan is a great qb doing a great job this year. Just cause a player has a bad game doens't mean they suck. UK fans will learn if their team doesn't go back to its usually suckiness that players will have bad games. Teams that aren't supposed to will win and their team will fight through it and get better. You just need to realize that you all are limited in your successful program knowledge.
Woodson is definitely a heisman candidate, and IMO the third best QB in the nation besides Brohm and Tebow. I just think all UK players, including Woodson, are in need of a break, mentally and physically.
Woodson is an average QB. I think he is overrated big time. His ball floats to much and plays tight. He has NO running ability at all and he's just a decent passer. I don't think you will see him playing next year and I would bet on that.
Survivor Wrote:Woodson is an average QB. I think he is overrated big time. His ball floats to much and plays tight. He has NO running ability at all and he's just a decent passer. I don't think you will see him playing next year and I would bet on that.

First year QB's in the NFL seldom do play their first year. (Brady Quinn, Jemarcus Russell)
With the performance v.s. Va Tech the other night, Matt Ryan would have to be considered the best Qb and odds on heisman favorite. Very tough to do what he did against a team like the Hokies, major props. Woodson is far from overrated, players are going to have their ups and downs during a season it happens but that doesnt mean hes overrated. He is a heisman candidate, but not a heisman favorite.
Russell did miss all of training camp but IMO if he didnt holdout and was at camp he would be getting some PT this season already.

alfus21 Wrote:First year QB's in the NFL seldom do play their first year. (Brady Quinn, Jemarcus Russell)
Andre will need to play lights out football the next three games to have a chance at the heisman or some major meltdowns by another candidate. I'd say the list as of now is:

1 Matt Ryan
2 Darren McFadden
3 Andre Woodson
4 Tim Tebow
Booya Wrote:I agree. This post was made as a sarcastic response to the Matt Ryan thread. One game doesn't make or break the ability of a qb. You all drive me crazy. Woodsen is a great qb. He is doing a fantastic job this year. Matt Ryan is a great qb doing a great job this year. Just cause a player has a bad game doens't mean they suck. UK fans will learn if their team doesn't go back to its usually suckiness that players will have bad games. Teams that aren't supposed to will win and their team will fight through it and get better. You just need to realize that you all are limited in your successful program knowledge.

But one game can make or break your Heisman candidacy, fair or not. Heck, Desmond Howard won one by striking a pose after a play.
After yesterdays performance, he is not in contention to win it anymore but like mentioned, will still be in the Big Apple!
Everyone is entitled to a bad game, and yesterday was Woodson's. It's gonna happen, and I think everyone in the country realizes that. I do believe however, it's how players bounce back and how they perform under pressure that earns them bonus points (along with the usual team success and stats). Woodson is still one of the best 3 QBs in the country, no questions asked. I'd like to see how Tebow, Ryan, or Brohm would play after playing the likes of South Carolina, LSU, and Florida in consecutive weeks. Last year, this team used a bye week to get things back on track and believe they will do the same this year. Like mentioned earlier, this team is in desperate need of a break, both mentally and physically. Woodson will rebound. He was upset with himself yesterday, and it showed. If he is a Heisman contender, we will really see how big of one he is the last 3 games. IMO, he will perform like he is capable. The defense, on the other hand, is another story (and another thread). lol