Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland Getting Turf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Congratulations on the turf. I hope Russell will follow suit.
It’s about time!! Congratulations on turf.
Awesome! Gonna look nice!
Griund has been broken!!
Is that a practice field or a place for the kiddos to play during the games like Somerset built?
Similar to somerset. I dont remember the exact demensions off hand, but im sure it will be big enough for the younger grades to use for practice.
I say we just keep digging and make a pond. We can then start a bass fishing team haha
No joke i wish we would start a fishing program!
In Eastern KY, every high school needs a bass fishing team the same as we do sports like basketball, football and baseball.
Beautiful facility!!

Kudos to the Raceland administration and community for getting these upgrades.
Very nice!
I wonder if it will be ready for the first game? Might not be
Possibly be ready for team camp.
Looks great Rams!
Looks like they’re making great progress. Raceland is a step ahead on this side of the river. Ironton has proven to be the cream of the crop in the tri-state right now, but I could see Raceland getting some players here and there with the commitment they have to the program.
It looks more like a pay lake then a football field right now haha. Are we sure we don’t want a fishing team instead ?? Haha
Id coach it if theyd start it up.
2 additions to the roster, one in Lykins, the other in Webb should be major contributions to the next 2 seasons. Lykins has looked really impressive in practice. Giving us some size, speed, and grit at the outside receiver position that we havent had in quite sometime. Webb is a big body with room to build on his frame and is very atheletic for his size at 6'3" 215. Raceland should have the skill potions advantage in almost all games this year. The line is experienced and have put in alot of work since last season ended. Attitude will be the deciding factor. We came out flat in almost all big games last year. Strides have been made in the offseason program. New turf amd other upgrades should have Ram Stadium a buzz. Just have to put it all together.
Should be a solid two years of football for the Rams. Excited to see if the Rams up the schedule next year. I believe a lot of contacts are up at the end of this year. Hopefully we find a few different teams to beef up the schedule
I expect the Highlands game to become a regular thing and looking at the MS schedule this year, which has beefed up significantly, there are contacts being made to do just that for the HS moving forward.
It needs to be a smart schedule. You know how I feel about it. There needs to be someone on the Scot hat can 50 on us. There needs to be two toss ups games and we will always have teams…because of our district….that we will put 50 on. Can’t wait till the last game of the season to play our best competition.
(06-09-2022, 01:02 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]2 additions to the roster, one in Lykins, the other in Webb should be major contributions to the next 2 seasons. Lykins has looked really impressive in practice. Giving us some size, speed, and grit at the outside receiver position that we havent had in quite sometime. Webb is a big body with room to build on his frame and is very atheletic for his size at 6'3" 215. Raceland should have the skill potions advantage in almost all games this year. The line is experienced and have put in alot of work since last season ended. Attitude will be the deciding factor. We came out flat in almost all big games last year. Strides have been made in the offseason program. New turf amd other upgrades should have Ram Stadium a buzz. Just have to put it all together.

Where did these kids previously play at? Getting some information to build for this upcoming season.
(06-10-2022, 04:56 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2022, 01:02 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]2 additions to the roster, one in Lykins, the other in Webb should be major contributions to the next 2 seasons. Lykins has looked really impressive in practice. Giving us some size, speed, and grit at the outside receiver position that we havent had in quite sometime. Webb is a big body with room to build on his frame and is very atheletic for his size at 6'3" 215. Raceland should have the skill potions advantage in almost all games this year. The line is experienced and have put in alot of work since last season ended. Attitude will be the deciding factor. We came out flat in almost all big games last year. Strides have been made in the offseason program. New turf amd other upgrades should have Ram Stadium a buzz. Just have to put it all together.

Where did these kids previously play at? Getting some information to build for this upcoming season.
Russell
Lykins is from 3A Russell. He had a giod year in track. He is a leaper with speed, size (6'2 180) and really good hands, will be a SR. Provides a target we havent had in sometime downfield and across the middle. Webb is from OH and they just moved into the area. I dont know much about him other than he looks the part at 6'3/6'4 and probably 210-220 range. Reminds me of a bigger John Cherry. Really atheletic for his size, will be a JR. I figure he will play DE or OLB. Saw him working individually w a DL coach the other day. He damn sure looks the part. Or who knows, maybe we start seeing a TE a little more lol.
If Lundy is a minimum of 30% better this year than he was last year(which he looks at this point to be about 75% better mechanically), our offense will be more explosive than its been in quite sometime. I dont remember a rime we had this many quality atheletes.
Dont know all the specifics but raceland i believe has officially started a wrestling team. That coupled with a revamped strength and conditioning program should make for vast improvements on the football field this year.
(06-17-2022, 12:52 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know all the specifics but raceland i believe has officially started a wrestling team. That coupled with a revamped strength and conditioning program should make for vast improvements on the football field this year.
Wow that’s exciting
I dont know if we have enough improvements to make up the 28 point gap that was between us and Pikeville last year but we should definitely be a factor come November. Atleast on paper. Ive not seen this mentality from the kids in a very long time. Brotherhood bond is stronger than its been in over a decade and its bleeding over into a much more intense sense of pride and work ethic. Will it turn into a story book season? Who knows, but the mindset has definitely changed from the HC on down.
No doubt that Raceland has gone "all in" on football. Highlands is a great addition to the schedule. As for fan interest, it's a shame Raceland is stuck in the district with Betsy Layne and Fairview. While it does provide an easy playoff path, you can pretty much go to sleep on Raceland football for about a month in October while they play Greenup, take a bye week, Betsy Layne, and then Fairview.

I think Raceland has outpaced Paintsville, so Pikeville should be the only team standing in the way of the Rams and their first state title. To me, the only thing Raceland lacks is a single player who is clearly the man on the team, a player who is a threat to score anytime from anywhere. They have a lot of very good players, but no "stars". They could use one of Ironton's running backs from the crowded D-1 backfield across the river.

Their first two games against Ashland and Russell on the new turf will be the most exciting openers ever in Raceland. Maybe they can avenge what was their only "bad loss" last year against Russell. I couldn't figure that result out given the season Raceland had. Maybe they got outcoached since the staffs are so familiar with one another?
Pages: 1 2 3 4