Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: King Steps Down at Knott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BB King has officially stepped down from Knott Central. What does this mean? Is he done for? Does he take the job at Breathitt? What you say FatPat?
A great coach who will be missed. I foresee him retiring and enjoying his free time.
BB is 1st Class all the way and a great basketball coach also. The run he has at Knott was one of the best out region has ever seen for a 10 year period. Does Knott hire within or do they try to steal Coach Noble away from Leslie?
Knott Central needs to bring Geoff Cody home.
Cody will not come back to knott. Talent in knott county is down for a few years.
If BB is retiring, happy for him and hope he enjoys it. Having said that, it is a sad day for the 14th Region in losing such a class act as a coach. It will be interesting to see who follows him as he leaves some pretty big shoes to fill.
(04-28-2022, 04:57 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]BB is 1st Class all the way and a great basketball coach also. The run he has at Knott was one of the best out region has ever seen for a 10 year period. Does Knott hire within or do they try to steal Coach Noble away from Leslie?

I always figured Noble would end up at Knott but I don’t think he would leave Leslie now. Maybe they go after Casey Huff.
Jeff Honeycutt be the best coach for job. I think he be the only one for job. Casey Huff nothing against him but what has he done in coaching?
(04-28-2022, 06:31 PM)BKBaseball Wrote: [ -> ]Jeff Honeycutt be the best coach for job. I think he be the only one for job. Casey Huff nothing against him but what has he done in coaching?

Jeff Honeycutt will get the boys job and Casey Huffs wife will get the girls head coaching job. What has Huff done in coaching? He just finished his first year as a head coach. Someone had to give him a chance as every head coach started somewhere. That’s a bit negative to make the remark considering he’s only had one year to do something. 
BB has already talked to Breathitt but they wouldn’t match what he wanted in pay. This was prior to today’s resignation. Perhaps they’ve came to an agreement now?
BB done a great job at knott
waterboy nailed it on both sides !!  Take it to the bank!
I'm hearing interest in someone from who is an assistant coach at the collegiate level has interest.  Knott County Native.
(04-29-2022, 11:39 AM)606Observer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hearing interest in someone from who is an assistant coach at the collegiate level has interest.  Knott County Native.

I know Cordia graduate Matt Hurt is on the staff at Coastal Carolina. Is it him? Or were you sworn to secrecy?
Matt Hurt isn’t a coach. Works there, that’s about it. They’d never let a Lion coach at KCC. No Way
Coach Honeycutt is a top notch guy and a great coach.
(04-29-2022, 03:20 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Matt Hurt isn’t a coach.  Works there, that’s about it.  They’d never let a Lion coach at KCC.  No Way

I'm just trying to figure out who one of the previous posters was alluding to thats a Knott County native with college coaching experience. I dont know all the Knott County natives who are assistants at the college level. Not sure why on here people often want to be vague about stuff.
I have known coach King since I graduated from Pike Central. He always seemed like a class act and was a friendly guy. Does Wes Smith get this job? Maybe Huff comes back?
If Huff leaves Prestonsburg it’ll be a huge blow to the program. Prestonsburg has had zero commitment to its program for several years. I really hope Casey doesn’t leave as I think he has more young talent than Knott has, but can’t blame him for going home either.

If he does leave, Prestonsburg needs to hire someone with intentions to stay long term. This program will never grow if we keep going with the coaching carousel.
Honeycutt seems like a reasonable choice. He once coached Knott Central for a few years. The Knott administration unwisely switched him to the Cordia job for the next season and his Cordia Lions proceeded to knock his old Patriots team from the regional tournament with a first round loss in the district tournament.
Honeycutt is a very good coach!
Honeycutt
Huff
Hurt
Justice
Noble

Interesting names for the job.
Following the king will be a tall task for anyone.
Why would Honeycutt want to move from his highly successful girls program over to the boys?
BB King should have been allowed to leave on his own terms. Politics hire you, politics fire you. The issue that KCC has is if this isn't a home run hire everybody from the Super down to the AD is gonna have issues. To big of a risk for all of those people to take when you have a Coach who has won 5 Region Championships in 12 years and also played in the Regional championship game 8 times. That is the best run in the history of the school not even close. I do agree that almost everybody would have won the regional 4 straight years with Camron justice and Evan Hall. But that 2013 team beat a really good PCC squad that wasn't a layup, some coaching was involved. If i could give any advice to the administration at KCC it would be to extend the olive branch to Coach King and let him finish his career the way he wants to because he is so politically connected it will be ugly for the people in administration who ran him out. Everybody knows who that is without saying names
(05-02-2022, 11:55 AM)Bruiser Wrote: [ -> ]BB King should have been allowed to leave on his own terms. Politics hire you, politics fire you. The issue that KCC has is if this isn't a home run hire everybody from the Super down to the AD is gonna have issues.  To big of a risk for all of those people to take when you have a Coach who has won 5 Region Championships in 12 years and also played in the Regional championship game 8 times. That is the best run in the history of the school not even close. I do agree that almost everybody would have won the regional 4 straight years with Camron justice and Evan Hall. But that 2013 team beat a really good PCC squad that wasn't a layup, some coaching was involved. If i could give any advice to the administration at KCC it would be to extend the olive branch to Coach King and let him finish his career the way he wants to because he is so politically connected it will be ugly for the people in administration who ran him out. Everybody knows who that is without saying names

That 2013 victory of Perry Central was one of the most impressive I've seen in my years watching basketball. Perry Central had two D-1 players also and Knott Central completely shut them down. 

Why was BB ran out for exactly? The stats you posted speak for themselves, those are numbers of a legend and those are the types like you said, you let him finish out the way he wants too. Pretty shameful if he didnt get to walk away on his own considering how much he gave the program not only as a coach but as a player as well.
Justthefacts1Why would Honeycutt want to move from his highly successful girls program over to the boys?

Perhaps he would want to coach his kids.

(05-02-2022, 11:55 AM)Bruiser Wrote: [ -> ]BB King should have been allowed to leave on his own terms. Politics hire you, politics fire you. The issue that KCC has is if this isn't a home run hire everybody from the Super down to the AD is gonna have issues.  To big of a risk for all of those people to take when you have a Coach who has won 5 Region Championships in 12 years and also played in the Regional championship game 8 times. That is the best run in the history of the school not even close. I do agree that almost everybody would have won the regional 4 straight years with Camron justice and Evan Hall. But that 2013 team beat a really good PCC squad that wasn't a layup, some coaching was involved. If i could give any advice to the administration at KCC it would be to extend the olive branch to Coach King and let him finish his career the way he wants to because he is so politically connected it will be ugly for the people in administration who ran him out. Everybody knows who that is without saying names

I don’t think he has as much political pull as he once did. Great coach though.
Honeycutt is the answer. Pretty plain and simple.
(05-02-2022, 03:22 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Honeycutt is the answer. Pretty plain and simple.

I have to disagree respectfully
(04-28-2022, 04:36 PM)griffman Wrote: [ -> ]BB King has officially stepped down from Knott Central. What does this mean? Is he done for? Does he take the job at Breathitt? What you say FatPat?

Griffey baby ole Fatpat cant take much more of the debauchery and trickery brutha!The last BOE dinner a few months ago showed all the signs of the food being laced with punkin juice from a few years ago!Negative wowza!SMH!Groovy Hoovey and Briar Brent have tore down an empire but said they going to build back better like ole Joe!Brock Hall fired with the resurrection of Bieder and the King put in a mutha of a spot to make a choice!Smoke circulating now boutz the Hamburglar and the hire of the Joker Amburgey leaves the big guy thinking and wez spiraling down faster than grammy at the moonshine distillery baby! Now if you asking is ole Fatpat going to be a Fatcat brutha but ole Fatpat bleeds red white and blue through and through! King will coach again and said Fatpat its been a sweet ride and an old tear rolled off the cheek! BOE elections will be a mutha and take that to Bank of Hindmy and cash that brutha!Hoovy said knees will bow but the ole doctor said the knees cant bend but 30 degrees due to the extra trigylcerides behind the fatpads of the knees! Wowza! Losing sponsors like a mutha but baseball archery girls basketball volleyball softball wrestling and the speech teams still cruising long like CT at Midee Mart baby! Pakistan Dions is pissed and said no more free slushies for the BOE! Entourage is tore up like the concession fiasco of 81 bolz!  #hooveygonewild  #somechoicessmh  #inflationwillbeamutha  #neverbeanotherking  #parentslivingindreamworld  #wewillrise  More mash taters please!!!
Good career for coach King. Time to relax and enjoy free time.
The reaction from the KCC folks is about to be fascinating.
(05-05-2022, 02:42 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]The reaction from the KCC folks is about to be fascinating.

What are you hinting at?
Pages: 1 2