Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co Job Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who goes to Harlan County? And maybe more importantly what will Harlan County's roster look like now next year?
Already been plenty of transfer rumors from HC. I’d say they will gain steam now. Not sure where they’ll go as far as coaches go, but I’d have to look at Nolan that is the girls coach. He did a great job turning around their season last year.
Ah that don't mean nothing, if the wind blows too much one day, 3 kids transfer these days. Daddy I didn't like the pizza at school lunch today, lets transfer. lol
That’s a shocker
Any info on why Jones steps down ?
(04-29-2022, 12:15 AM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]Any info on why Jones steps down ?

Stuff I definitely won't repeat just because I don't know all the facts. But it's not a good situation.
Anybody have an idea of a good list of early names for this job?
(05-02-2022, 11:37 AM)Bruiser Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody have an idea of a good list of early names for this job?

I haven't heard any names, but other than the community being off the beaten path it's not a bad job, they have a talented roster and have good kids in the pipeline fairly consistently. The right person could be competitive there.
(05-02-2022, 12:03 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2022, 11:37 AM)Bruiser Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody have an idea of a good list of early names for this job?

I haven't heard any names, but other than the community being off the beaten path it's not a bad job, they have a talented roster and have good kids in the pipeline fairly consistently. The right person could be competitive there.

The right person can win big there IMO. Mike Jones Jr. did a fantastic job and had plenty of pride in that school hopefully he will get back into Coaching
Hate to hear this Coach Jones will be missed!!
Hearing rumor Cameron Carmical as next Harlan county coach!!!
#1 target is Billy Hicks.
I like both of those options, but I highly doubt Billy Hicks will return to Harlan County. If he wanted to coach, he wouldn't have left Scott County. Cameron has never had a coaching position that I know of. He's a great kid; don't know what kind of coach he is.

Sure hated to lose Jones!
Yes granny I wouldn’t think Hicks either but u never know. Scott Co is not the same job now that u have Great Crossings .
Maybe Coach Jones could come to Clay Co. like his dad did at one time. Good young coach would definitely be a big boost for Clay.
He is a great coach!! His dad fit in well at Clay, so he may too.
Clay job is filled for the foreseeable future.
How many kids leave HC for Harlan City? Word has been Noah has been wanting out for awhile
(05-06-2022, 06:24 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Clay job is filled for the foreseeable future.

Clay job is filled...just not with a coach.
Does the Huff kid leave if Noah does?
Harlan County is going to be interesting to watch I saw where some locals are actively pushing for a local young candidate for the job on social media (I'll leave his name out as it's not relevant to what I"m going to say), but it shows me that several have their choice and if that choice isn't made then I could see things getting interesting as far as who stays and who goes. Some will also depend on who choice is if it isn't the local guy being pushed.
Kids seriously need to look at their situation if they are thinking about leaving. Especially if your the big dog! There's only one ball. GRC is the only school lately that's made it work and I believe they had 5 or 6 new enrolled in 2 years. Plus the kids they got were bought in and shared the ball. I wont use the used car salesman slogan cause I don't want to degrade the salesman but some coaches are awful with promises. Plus the coach can all ways up and leave. I believe if you go that route it better be for your betterment and not to build the coaches resume!!!! When my daughter played I would not have hesitated to move if I thought it was the right thing to do and she wanted to. Harlan County is a great opportunity and no matter the location should pull in some big candidates. Sometimes the schools off the beaten path are the best jobs.
Lot of big names turning down Harlan according to rumors? why? Noah & Huff leaving or the push for the young coach making them move?
(05-07-2022, 12:39 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]How many kids leave HC for Harlan City? Word has been Noah has been wanting out for awhile
  I could see Noah coming to North Laurel
(05-10-2022, 03:38 PM)ballaboveall Wrote: [ -> ]Lot of big names turning down Harlan according to rumors? why? Noah & Huff leaving or the push for the young coach making them move?

It's a long way from most bigger places, that's good and bad depending on who you ask. But a lot of people aren't interested in moving that far out. From the school you are minimum 2 hours to practically any city and that's a long haul. There aren't quick trips to Lexington or Knoxville when you are in Harlan.
Now that the dust has settled a bit, who is the front runner for the job??
I am so out of touch with the sports there at HC anymore!! I miss it. I have heard one of the assistants has applied along with Cameron Carmichael. Also someone from the Hazard area whose name I don't remember. (I just had surgery. My brain is still in anesthesia phase!!) I "heard" Akal had applied, but absolutely cannot substantiate that. I don't know of anybody who has been offered the position so far; so if it hasn't been offered there can't be any declines.

I would be surprised to see any of the kids transfer locally. I do know that a lot of HC players have played AAU with members of North Laurel team, so if anybody transferred there, I would not be surprised.

I will finish with this information is what I have "heard". Nothing is to be taken as fact.
any news or updates today was the deadline
Noah is going to end up at north laurel because everyone know Reed Shepherd team will win the region. I think it happens as soon as school is over
any news or updates on coaching annoucement
Pages: 1 2 3