Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matt Ryan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone else think he is one of the most overated Qbs in the nation, even though he got 2 td passes in the last 2 minutes?
Wow, Im just shocked on the outcome of that game. Matt Ryan in my guess is deff the top runner for the Heisman now since he led his team back down 10-0 to win in the last 2mins of the game.
Yea, he did great!
Yeah and it sucks because they don't look at the stats or game as a whole. He threw 2 INTs and went 25-52. That's not good against anybody. This is the first real team he's played and he now has 19 TD's and 8 interceptions on the season. He deserves mention but the announcers and media need to give it a rest and get off he and Tebow's jock because it's pathetic.

Although I will say he isn't the most overrated QB. That would be none other than Hawaii's Colt Brennan who plays in a system where he throws the ball 70 times per game.
Matt Ryan overrated? Are you kidding me? Matt Ryan is one of the best QB in collage football, I think he is just a little underrated. What game was you watching?
[quote=alfus21]Yeah and it sucks because they don't look at the stats or game as a whole. He threw 2 INTs and went 25-52. That's not good against anybody. This is the first real team he's played and he now has 19 TD's and 8 interceptions on the season. He deserves mention but the announcers and media need to give it a rest and get off he and Tebow's jock because it's pathetic. quote]

I agree with ya, Ryan played a horrible game till the last two mins and thats what everyones looking at. He went 14-33 with only 101 yards threw 3 quarters, Thats not heisman #s. Tebow and Woodson are better than Ryan IMO.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah and it sucks because they don't look at the stats or game as a whole. He threw 2 INTs and went 25-52. That's not good against anybody. This is the first real team he's played and he now has 19 TD's and 8 interceptions on the season. He deserves mention but the announcers and media need to give it a rest and get off he and Tebow's jock because it's pathetic.

Although I will say he isn't the most overrated QB. That would be none other than Hawaii's Colt Brennan who plays in a system where he throws the ball 70 times per game.

Agree with the Colt Brennan deal here, but Matt Ryan is not an overrated QB, he is professional kind of QB, This is really the first time I've heard of media on Matt Ryan, he played very well. I think he will be one of the top contenders in the heisman race, now if we were talking about underrated QB'S it would have to go to Graham Harrell of Texas Tech, 3548 passing yards, 72.6 Completion percentage, one of the best QB's in the game and no one ever talks about him.
MVP2 Wrote:[quote=alfus21]Yeah and it sucks because they don't look at the stats or game as a whole. He threw 2 INTs and went 25-52. That's not good against anybody. This is the first real team he's played and he now has 19 TD's and 8 interceptions on the season. He deserves mention but the announcers and media need to give it a rest and get off he and Tebow's jock because it's pathetic. quote]

I agree with ya, Ryan played a horrible game till the last two mins and thats what everyones looking at. He went 14-33 with only 101 yards threw 3 quarters, Thats not heisman #s. Tebow and Woodson are better than Ryan IMO.

Tebow and Woodson are better than Ryan, but Ryan is a good QB I think each QB is better than each other in certain stats. if I had to rank them it would be 1. Tebow 2. Ryan 3. Woodson. IMO
Ryan played absolutely horrible tonight and is getting way too much press from ESPN.

If it wasn't for the 2 minutes that he played decent, Ryan would be out of the Heisman race alltogether.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Ryan played absolutely horrible tonight and is getting way too much press from ESPN.

If it wasn't for the 2 minutes that he played decent, Ryan would be out of the Heisman race alltogether.

Excatly what I Said!!!!
Spartan4Life Wrote:Agree with the Colt Brennan deal here, but Matt Ryan is not an overrated QB, he is professional kind of QB, This is really the first time I've heard of media on Matt Ryan, he played very well. I think he will be one of the top contenders in the heisman race, now if we were talking about underrated QB'S it would have to go to Graham Harrell of Texas Tech, 3548 passing yards, 72.6 Completion percentage, one of the best QB's in the game and no one ever talks about him.

Have you been in a cave this year?? He may be one of the top contenders in the heisman race, but it wont be because he deserves to be there. Matt Ryan is THE 2nd most over-rated QB in the country behind Mr Brennan of course. He played awful tonight, but the magical prevent defense was just too easy for a guy as good as Matt Ryan. He is good, just not as good as the talking heads lead you to believe. I can think of 4, maybe 5 QB's who i would rather have leading my team.

Woodson
Tebow
Brohm
Dennis Dixon out in Oregon

Maybe Graham Harrel...maybe
Spartan4Life Wrote:[quote=MVP2]

Tebow and Woodson are better than Ryan, but Ryan is a good QB I think each QB is better than each other in certain stats. if I had to rank them it would be 1. Tebow 2. Ryan 3. Woodson. IMO

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
Spartan4Life Wrote:Agree with the Colt Brennan deal here, but Matt Ryan is not an overrated QB, he is professional kind of QB, This is really the first time I've heard of media on Matt Ryan, he played very well. I think he will be one of the top contenders in the heisman race, now if we were talking about underrated QB'S it would have to go to Graham Harrell of Texas Tech, 3548 passing yards, 72.6 Completion percentage, one of the best QB's in the game and no one ever talks about him.

I have to agree with you about Graham Harrell. He is having a heck of a season. He will do good next year. As for Matt, i think he is a good qb. He played hard, but Andre and Tim is way better.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I have to agree with you about Graham Harrell. He is having a heck of a season. He will do good next year. As for Matt, i think he is a good qb. He played hard, but Andre and Tim is way better.

Don't base a QB on one season, look at Brennan's numbers from last year and look at what he's doing this year.
Brennan plays in a crappy conference. It's easier to look that good if your competition is sub-par.
On ESPN's Heisman voting they have Matt Ryan as a climbing canidate after the VT game. Now thats a buch of B/S! Tebow, and Woodson haven't had that bad of games as Ryan did.
blackcat_student Wrote:On ESPN's Heisman voting they have Matt Ryan as a climbing canidate after the VT game. Now thats a buch of B/S! Tebow, and Woodson haven't had that bad of games as Ryan did.

Like I said, as long as BC is winning he will climb regardless of his stats, and Tebow and Woodson's stats are much better than Ryan's and they play in the best conference. I hope BC wins out so LSU can have their way with them in the National Title game.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Brennan plays in a crappy conference. It's easier to look that good if your competition is sub-par.

And the ACC is not a crappy conference??? VT got beat 48 to 0 by LSU. BC defeated mighty UMASS 14-7. Hows that for a heisman winner.
Super_de Wrote:Does anyone else think he is one of the most overated Qbs in the nation, even though he got 2 td passes in the last 2 minutes?

No, he played one of the toughest Defenses in the country in the pouring rain. UK fans need to stick to basketball, because your ignorance of football is comical. Matt Ryan is a great qb, I didn't see any IS ANDRE WOODSEN OVERATED threads on here when he sucked it up and LOST to South Carolina, whose defense is not even close to as good as VT. I'm not a BC fan, but I don't agree with people saying a guy sucks or is over-rated when he throws for over 250 yards and two td's in a come from behind victory. Give me a break.
Booya Wrote:No, he played one of the toughest Defenses in the country in the pouring rain. UK fans need to stick to basketball, because your ignorance of football is comical. Matt Ryan is a great qb, I didn't see any IS ANDRE WOODSEN OVERATED threads on here when he sucked it up and LOST to South Carolina, whose defense is not even close to as good as VT. I'm not a BC fan, but I don't agree with people saying a guy sucks or is over-rated when he throws for over 250 yards and two td's in a come from behind victory. Give me a break.

I agree one subpar game shouldn't deem a player overrated. He is a great qb and people shouldn't attack an amateur athlete, come after me I'm 40 I'm a man.
Booya Wrote:No, he played one of the toughest Defenses in the country in the pouring rain. UK fans need to stick to basketball, because your ignorance of football is comical. Matt Ryan is a great qb, I didn't see any IS ANDRE WOODSEN OVERATED threads on here when he sucked it up and LOST to South Carolina, whose defense is not even close to as good as VT. I'm not a BC fan, but I don't agree with people saying a guy sucks or is over-rated when he throws for over 250 yards and two td's in a come from behind victory. Give me a break.

Ok, so you missed the game last night...

For 57 minutes, Matt Ryan looked like a freshman QB making his first start ever. He made some AWFUL throws, should have been picked 6 times, and really hurt his team. For 2 minutes, he made some nice passes against the vaunted prevent d with NO pressure in his face, and a defensive lineman covering a half back in the end zone. In fact, if not for a fluke onside kick where the VTech player just kicked the ball forward, Ryan doesnt even have a chance to win the game. That vaunted VTech defense (which gave up 48 points to that juggernaut LSU offense) shut Ryan down until Mr Beamer decided to play some sort of awkward prevent zone. Bottom line, Vtech lost the game, Matt Ryan did not win the game.

Smile Yeah VTech's defense is real tough. LSU proved that earlier this year. Other than that their only good win was over Clemson and they scored over 20 on them. One of the only teams more overrated that Ryan's BC Eagles was the Hokies.

That's because Andre Woodson has had more than a few good games this season. Take a look at Ryan's stats. They're not that great compared to Woodson. 19 TD's 8 INTs with a 61% completion with an out of top 10 SOS.

Woodson=26 TD's 4 INT's and 64% completion with a top 5 SOS.

Yeah Ryan's team is undefeated, in the 4th or 5th best conference in the country, and from what I can tell it's not all because of him. Take away a game against Bowling Green and Ryan's stats are even worse.

He threw for over 250 yards and 2 TD's on 52 attempts. I think most QB's could do that.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Yeah VTech's defense is real tough. LSU proved that earlier this year. Other than that their only good win was over Clemson and they scored over 20 on them. One of the only teams more overrated that Ryan's BC Eagles was the Hokies.

That's because Andre Woodson has had more than a few good games this season. Take a look at Ryan's stats. They're not that great compared to Woodson. 19 TD's 8 INTs with a 61% completion with an out of top 10 SOS.

Yeah Ryan's team is undefeated, in the 4th or 5th best conference in the country, and from what I can tell it's not all because of him. Take away a game against Bowling Green and Ryan's stats are even worse.

He threw for over 250 yards and 2 TD's on 52 attempts. I think most QB's could do that.

Well said Alfus. Ryan is no where in the same league as Tebow, Woodson, and Brohm. Ryan has thrown for a whopping 19 TD's and 8 picks against some of the best defenses in the league in Wake, Army, Mass., a 1-7 Notre Dame squad, and a terrific Bowling Green defense. Smile

However, he is leading his team to victory and they defeated a decent Virginia Tech team, but let's not give him too much credit here.....BC hasn't played anybody.....
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Yeah VTech's defense is real tough. LSU proved that earlier this year. Other than that their only good win was over Clemson and they scored over 20 on them. One of the only teams more overrated that Ryan's BC Eagles was the Hokies.

Also, VT was in prevent D the last 2 min. Any QB can throw 11 yard passes in that senerio. Put BC in the SEC and they will not win 3 games. Theres no need in arguing the point with some people on this board, they just won't get it. Also VT lost the game buy going in prevent the last 2 min. instead of playing to win. IMO
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Well said Alfus. Ryan is no where in the same league as Tebow, Woodson, and Brohm. Ryan has thrown for a whopping 19 TD's and 8 picks against some of the best defenses in the league in Wake, Army, Mass., a 1-7 Notre Dame squad, and a terrific Bowling Green defense. Smile

However, he is leading his team to victory and they defeated a decent Virginia Tech team, but let's not give him too much credit here.....BC hasn't played anybody.....
:thumpsup: :thumpsup:

LSU is the best offense in the nation though.

Agree, besides the uk and Basketball statement, :mad: we have a bowl game.

South Carolina has the best pass defense in the nation, and did when they played UK. Woodson still put up better numbers in a LOSS, just like Brohm does every time the Cards lose. 25-52 is NOT Heisman numbers, how can you climb the rankings with numbers like that.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Matt Ryan overrated? Are you kidding me? Matt Ryan is one of the best QB in collage football, I think he is just a little underrated. What game was you watching?

I watched the game where he went 25-52 and threw two interceptions and two touchdowns with both of those coming when VT rushed three lineman and gave him all day to throw.
launchpad4 Wrote:I agree one subpar game shouldn't deem a player overrated. He is a great qb and people shouldn't attack an amateur athlete, come after me I'm 40 I'm a man.

He played a subpar game against the only decent team he's faced. He's in the spotlight and if he plays a bad game he deserves the negative attention. What does the fact that you're 40 have to do with this thread?
Pages: 1 2