Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Top 10. 4/16/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.  Perry Central
2.  Estill County
3.  Knott Central
4.  Hazard
5.  Breathitt County
6.  Wolfe County
7.  Jackson City
8.  Powell County
9.  Lee County
10. Letcher Central
Perry
Estill
Knott
Letcher
Hazard
Breathitt
Wolfe
Jackson
Lee
Owsley

I’ve seen every team in the region this season except Estill and we all know what they have. With the right draw I think any of the top 6 can get hot and win region, but the top two are heavy favorites
(04-17-2022, 12:06 AM)HollerRat Wrote: [ -> ]Perry
Estill
Knott
Letcher
Hazard
Breathitt
Wolfe
Jackson
Lee
Owsley

I’ve seen every team in the region this season except Estill and we all know what they have.  With the right draw I think any of the top 6 can get hot and win region, but the top two are heavy favorites

i have to agree with you hollerrat. Letcher definitely deserves a higher ranking than 10. Speaking of Estill, is their trouble going on there? I know they’ve played some good competition but being on a 4 game skid is somewhat unheard of for the lady neers. Or is west just sand bagging waiting for just the right time to get things rolling?
Good question everyone. I don’t recall a time when the Lady Engineers wasn’t on fire. Definitely trouble anytime you lose 4 games in a row. Most definitely trouble when you’re the Mighty Engineers and you lose 4 in a row. Has this group peaked? Has everyone else caught up with them? Time will tell. The Lady Engineers don’t have time to regroup either. They have Lee, then Tates Creek, then Southwestern, and then the Dan Cummins Classic. If the girls from Estill are going to turn things around, this next week is very important to get a couple wins to turn the tide.
When you aren’t used to losing, things can start to feel different. Fingers start to get pointed, coaches aren’t always positive and happy, pressure starts to mount, this is a big week for Estill. I think they have time to regroup but no one on that team has had the success they were labeled with and that doesn’t do anything but add to the pressure.
Estill plays the best schedule in the 14th. Sometimes it’s best to take the bumpy road. Usually good things happen if you can withstand the adversity. Ice cream and cake during regular season doesn’t always lead to a good outcome.
Estill
Knott
Letcher
Hazard
Breathitt
Wolfe
Jackson
Lee
Owsley

I’ve seen every team in the region this season except Estill and we all know what they have.  With the right draw I think any of the top 6 can get hot and win region, but the top two are heavy favorites

what about Wolfe?
Where is Regions played this year?
(04-18-2022, 04:02 PM)Smokescreen Wrote: [ -> ]
Estill
Knott
Letcher
Hazard
Breathitt
Wolfe
Jackson
Lee
Owsley

what about Wolfe?
Where is Regions played this year?

Actually meant to say top 7 could win it with the right draw.  Wolfe has the best catcher in the region, a good mix of power and small ball, and they’re well coached. 

As far as where the region is being played, I haven’t heard yet
Knott Co. Central 2
Breathitt Co. 3
Wolfe 6
Breathitt 2
At Breathitt
1 Perry
2 Breathitt
3 Letcher
4 Estil
5 Knott
This is my top 5 after seeing everyone this season regardless of record.Eye test ratings with talent and injuries considered
Estill has beat Breathitt 2 times the 2nd game was closer but only because Winkle didn’t pitch till the 8th inning. Breathitt has only scored 1 run off Winkle in 9 innings.
Where is the girls Region this year?
Wolfe County
The Wolves will be a tuff out at their Den in Campton. They could sneak up on PCC and Estill. I wouldn’t want to draw them in the tourney.
Wolfe, Perry, Estill, Knott & Breathitt
(Not in any particular order)
Then, everyone else.
PERRY,LETCHER,ESTILL,KNOTT,BREATHITT,WOLFE in this order.
Perry is the only team that has any business being rated ahead of Estill. Letcher beat Perry at Letcher but they haven’t beat Estill and Emma Winkle yet. No reason to have them ahead of Estill.
(05-15-2022, 03:22 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Perry is the only team that has any business being rated ahead of Estill. Letcher beat Perry at Letcher but they haven’t beat Estill and Emma Winkle yet. No reason to have them ahead of Estill.
Perry didn’t beat winkle either. Farmer has had a good season no doubt but look at the stats. Theirs a lot of difference between her and winkle. Once winkle took the mound late in the perry/estill game she pretty well shut them down. Estill hasn’t hit the ball great the few times I’ve watched them. Gonna be an interesting post season.
HAVE WATCHED ALOT OF GAMES IN THE 14TH REGION AND I THINK THE TOP TEAM IS LETCHER COUNTY CENTRAL.
GOOD PTCHING
GOOD HITTING TEAM
SOLID DEFENSIVELY
FINISHED REGULAR SEASON STRONG. BEAT PERRY CENTRAL 7-5
I LIKE LETCHER COUNTY CENTRAL TO BEAT EASTILL COUNTY IN THE REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
THIER 2ND BASEMAN IS GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAYER

WELL COACHED
It will be a Perry/Estill Final unless them two are in the same bracket. Will be a very low scoring game. Perry will see Winkle from start to finish. Estill doesn’t hit really well and Hughes hits her spots a lot. I say this game is a complete toss up. Letcher could get to the finals if PCC and Estill aren’t around till then. Anything can happen then. LCC is good.
Wolfe proved last year that anything can happen. No one expected them to get 12 run on 16 hits and 8 hits were for extra bases. It’s all about getting hot at the right time and putting 3 solid games together.
Good point reds fan. Wolfe will be a bad draw for anyone.
Letcher will hit anybody pitching,really swinging the bats well right now,pitching is good enough,Lcc defense is hit and miss
I think Estill will be hard to beat when all the marbles are on the line.
Winkle is a dominate pitcher but can Estill put up enough runs to win big games. Estill gets 2 or 3 runs they can win. Perry and Estill gonna be a battle.
1. Perry - experienced pitching; speed in the field and on the bases; solid bats; excellent coaching
2. Estill - best pitcher in the region; good defensive team; winning program; average bats
3. Letcher - pitching depth; good hitters 2/3 of lineup; always play hard; defense is questionable at times
4. Wolfe - good pitcher; average bats and defense; coach does a good job getting players ready to play
5. Breathitt - solid bats 1 thru 5; average defense; could knock off a 1 seed if overlooked
6. Knott - solid bats 1 thru 5; average defense and pitching; will be a task to knock off Letcher in district

This is how I see the region's top 6 teams in this order. I think Perry and Estill are sitting at the top, but can be knocked off if either has an off night.
Estill seems to have caught fire lately. Won I think 10 of they're last 11 games or something to that effect. Maybe off a little on that.
(05-18-2022, 09:22 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]Estill seems to have caught fire lately. Won I think 10 of they're last 11 games or something to that effect. Maybe off a little on that.

I agree with the weatherman!!  Anybody’s game right now. Perry and Bobby desperately wanting that region championship. They have athletes. Small ball you to death. New coach in “Wolfe country” may be just what keeps the wolves in the winning region ways.  Be interesting to see which is a better coach in regions, her or Benny. Letcher schedule is skeptical and not truly played anyone, but Jay Perkins seems to have them clicking at the right time. They can beat anyone. Breathitt can beat anyone on any given night. Butler prob the best pitcher they have. Spins the ball and keeps teams off balance. Estill desperately wanting to get back to winning regions like the old days.  West has not got it done in irvine and he feels the pressure with the so called best Estill team in a while. Not hitting well so that’s their weakness.  I think it comes down to these five. What a tournament it’ll be. I’ll be watching closely!
Estill has no hitting because they play against very good competition almost every single game. I think you can almost double their run production against 14th region competiton other than against Perry because Perry is a very strong defensive team. Then you throw in the Winkle factor. 14th region teams hitting production will probably drop by 90% vs her. It will be Perry vs Estill in the finals. Going with Perry. Score 3-2
Pages: 1 2