Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Early Transfers so far in the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is gone and leaving so far in the 14th?
Heard that Wyatt Hensley from Leslie enrolled at Hazard last week. He will for sure be a game changer for them in basketball and baseball. Good football player to.
(04-11-2022, 10:15 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Heard that Wyatt Hensley from Leslie enrolled at Hazard last week.  He will for sure be a game changer for them in basketball and baseball.  Good football player to.
Wonder if he will be ruled eligible before this baseball season ends. Could really strengthen up Hazard's chances. I do feel right now Perry is the front runner but Hazard will for sure be right there in the end as always. Just hope they don't draw each other. They need to do away with the blind draw but that is another debate.
Hearing some Breathitt kids heading to Bulldog territory. Makes sense with their coach possibly on his way out.
What coach is leaving? Breathitts?
Yep
Why would Breathitt’s players leave when their parents are who run him off?
It wasn’t all the players just a select few
Multiple moves out of Breathitt this week?
Additions from prep school to Perry?

anyone have word on this?
Transferring has really taken away from the HS game in EKY. I still remember the days of Community spirit and kids wanted to lead their community to the sweet 16 now they don't care about that. And its hurting the product on the floor because when people go to watch the hometown team they don't recognize the kids because they arent from there. Which leads to smaller crowds less money being made, less money being able to be reinvested into the sports.
Nobody leaving breathitt. Hired BB KING FROM KNOTT CENTRAL AS HEAD COACH. RUMOR IS COUPLE PLAYERS FROM KNOTT COUNTY FOLLOWING HIM TO BREATHITT CO. BREATHITT COUNTY WINS 14TH REGION NEXT YEAR. REMEMBER I SAID THIS!!!
Not alot of movement in region after the hiring. BB might be the one bringing someone with him, cant count out the king.
Nobody is going to Breathitt with him. Nobody would want to get involved with that mess. Parents wouldn’t allow anyone to come in and take kids PT.
(05-11-2022, 07:16 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is going to Breathitt with him.  Nobody would want to get involved with that mess.  Parents wouldn’t allow anyone to come in and take kids PT.
IDK about that.  Winning cures a lot of problems.   If they could win region, I think most (not all) parents would be fine with sharing playing time.
I’m going to have to agree with duke boy on this. Not many transfers come in breathitt and I think the parents would be butt hurt if their kid lost any minutes. I think they would actually root against the bobcats if say only two solid players come in.

Actually I’d like to see a couple come in. Bobcats aren’t very deep and competition makes players better
Mountparkway you about as full of it as a Christmas turkey.Hahaaha
Turnover I know you’re clan and they all are dumb as fence post. I think the grammar you use explains it all.
WAIT AND SEE, BREATHIIT WINS THE 14TH REGION AND B.B. BRINGS YOUNG GUARD FROM KNOTT COUNTY WITH HIM. BRETHITT COUNTY IS LOADED. THEY WIN THE ALL A STATE TOURNAMENT THIS YEAR TOO,
Warrior hawk are u saying bb king is a better coach than noble? The reason I ask is breathitt was loaded last season to with basically the same team. Hoping your right tho
Breathitt needs a PG. I think Bellamy is a better 2 guard. Shoots the 3 ball awfully well.
(05-02-2022, 12:36 PM)Bruiser Wrote: [ -> ]Transferring has really taken away from the HS game in EKY.  I still remember the days of Community spirit and kids wanted to lead their community to the sweet 16 now they don't care about that. And its hurting the product on the floor because when people go to watch the hometown team they don't recognize the kids because they arent from there. Which leads to smaller crowds less money being made, less money being able to be reinvested into the sports.

Basically the same thing that's going on at UK. Kids playing for name on back of jersey and not the front.

(05-16-2022, 12:36 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt needs a PG.  I think Bellamy is a better 2 guard.  Shoots the 3 ball awfully well.

I think they'll move Sperry to the point. Play him as more of a hybrid guard. As a Breathitt fan I want the ball in his hands as much as possible. Keep Bellamy and SG and play combat the 3.
No way they move Sperry to the point. He’s a 3 mainly. Could play smaller with him at the 4 at times. He ain’t little.
If you go back and watch the games last year noble played sperry at point 90 percent of the time. I agree sperry would be better coming off picks and slashing to the basket as a 3. Bellamy is def a two guard. Bhs needs a true point and they would be much better. Just my two cents
(05-16-2022, 07:28 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]If you go back and watch the games last year noble played sperry at point 90 percent of the time. I agree sperry would be better coming off picks and slashing to the basket as a 3. Bellamy is def a two guard. Bhs needs a true point and they would be much better. Just my two cents
He did play point a lot especially against a press. His mom, Amberly Lynn Sewell, posts a lot of his AAU stuff on FB but mostly hi-lite stuff and hard to tell what position he's playing on that team.
At this level of high school I just like having my best player unless he is a true 4 or 5 with the ball in his hands as much as possible. Good things usually happen when your most talented player has the ball in their hands at this level. Sure it would be great to bring in a talented 1 and move Sperry to his more natural position which I do feel is the 3 (at least at this level). I just don't see that happening with all the drama surrounding the Breathitt program. Hopefully I am wrong.
(05-17-2022, 10:11 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]At this level of high school I just like having my best player unless he is a true 4 or 5 with the ball in his hands as much as possible. Good things usually happen when your most talented player has the ball in their hands at this level. Sure it would be great to bring in a talented 1 and move Sperry to his more natural position which I do feel is the 3 (at least at this level). I just don't see that happening with all the drama surrounding the Breathitt program. Hopefully I am wrong.

I would be afraid to change much of anything. I think it is an egg shell climate.