Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has anyone noticed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has any one noticed that every time kentucky plays on national tv that the announcers always have something negative to say about them and even on sports center too.
not recently, what has been said?
I did think that Gary Danielson went way over the top
praising Tebow, giving Woodsen scant time and praise in
comparison. IMO if Tebow runs up the middle like that
in the NFL, he'll get concussed to the point of being
a bumblin' stumblin' idiot. Woodsen is a great reader
of defenses and pocket passer (like Manning and Brady),
which usually means good success in the NFL.
This is a complaint of every fan of every team in any sport.... nearly all of the play by play guys or color guys really dont care who wins (the network might for ratings, etc)... I have rarely thought that an announcer has a bias one way or the other... but they are human... (Billy Packer clearly like the ACC for example)
FreakNasty Wrote:This is a complaint of every fan of every team in any sport.... nearly all of the play by play guys or color guys really dont care who wins (the network might for ratings, etc)... I have rarely thought that an announcer has a bias one way or the other... but they are human... (Billy Packer clearly like the ACC for example)

Did you listen to Danielson, or were you at the game? The color guys, or play by play for that matter, get paid no matter who wins; however, certain programs, certain coaches, certain players do get shown the red carpet treatment AND get let off more easily when they screw up. And that's not bias...that's the fact.
every team they play the announcers talk down on kentucky and act like all of the other teams are better. every time they do something good they try to find something bad to say about them.
thecavemaster Wrote:Did you listen to Danielson, or were you at the game? The color guys, or play by play for that matter, get paid no matter who wins; however, certain programs, certain coaches, certain players do get shown the red carpet treatment AND get let off more easily when they screw up. And that's not bias...that's the fact.

I listened to the telecast, and I wont disagree with you about CBS, ESPN, fill in your media outlet being in love with Tebow... and your exactly right about some guys getting the benefit of the doubt at times (I find this more appearant in the professional ranks)

I think play by play/color guys are much better than studio guys.... I love Lou Holtz, but he is obviously very biased when he makes his picks... they are human beings, they have alliances, alma maters, etc... the best in the business put those things aside and just state the facts... I think Danielson/Lundquist are two of the best color/play by play in the business even if they talk about Tebow a lot..
I absolutely cannot stand Gary Danielson! I muted both the LSU and Florida game and tuned into Tom Leach on the radio.

thecavemaster Wrote:I did think that Gary Danielson went way over the top
-STATS- Wrote:I absolutely cannot stand Gary Danielson! I muted both the LSU and Florida game and tuned into Tom Leach on the radio.

I liked Todd Blackledge as the CBS color man more than Danielson. He is now on the primetime ESPN telecast on Saturday nights.
More Cowbell Wrote:I liked Todd Blackledge as the CBS color man more than Danielson. He is now on the primetime ESPN telecast on Saturday nights.

i did notice on GameDay Saturday morning that Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit had nothing good to say about kentucky...Kirk talked for ten minutes about how kentucky didn't have a chance and that florida was much better team than LSU, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah...it makes me sick...What do we have to do to get some love around here? Im glad they did step up and make a game out of it...a couple of plays different and we would have won that one....
thecavemaster Wrote:I did think that Gary Danielson went way over the top

We finally agree about something. Big Grin
bigE Wrote:i did notice on GameDay Saturday morning that Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit had nothing good to say about kentucky...Kirk talked for ten minutes about how kentucky didn't have a chance and that florida was much better team than LSU, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah...it makes me sick...What do we have to do to get some love around here? Im glad they did step up and make a game out of it...a couple of plays different and we would have won that one....

Lee Corso actually talked Kentucky and the city of Lexington up for the first hour and 58 minutes, it was just that last couple of minutes when he picked Florida that he went against UK.
alfus21 Wrote:Lee Corso actually talked Kentucky and the city of Lexington up for the first hour and 58 minutes, it was just that last couple of minutes when he picked Florida that he went against UK.

yeh i was mainly talking about kirk
bigE Wrote:What do we have to do to get some love around here? Im glad they did step up and make a game out of it...a couple of plays different and we would have won that one....

Now the only alledgience I have in the state of KY is EKU. I don't care what the other teams do and how bad or good they are. So this is coming from an unbiased opinion. But to recieve the respect you guys are looking for you have to actually play consisten year in and year out like the Floridas and LSUs do. UK had not recieved national attention before this year because they weren't playing worthy enough football.I honestly don't see UK being nationally ranked after this season either. Now remember I could care less how good or bad UK does.
EKU_4_EVER Wrote:Now the only alledgience I have in the state of KY is EKU. I don't care what the other teams do and how bad or good they are. So this is coming from an unbiased opinion. But to recieve the respect you guys are looking for you have to actually play consisten year in and year out like the Floridas and LSUs do. UK had not recieved national attention before this year because they weren't playing worthy enough football.I honestly don't see UK being nationally ranked after this season either. Now remember I could care less how good or bad UK does.

you do have a good point but im simply referring to this years team, not any other year