Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Tribulation Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 10 thousand posts analyzing current events and political policy against Scripture, the Constitution and history, certain revelations have dawned on me.

In the Relativity thread in this forum I talked about the fact that God lives outside of the constraints of time. And therefore time, (His creation along with all the other natural laws) has no bearing upon His existence. In fact were God to withhold His power which governs the universe, all matter would just fly apart and vanish.

Colossians 1:16-17
16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Hebrews 1:3
And He is the radiance of His (The Father's) glory and the exact representation of His (The Father's) nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

But given His sovereignty over all things as pointed out in the Relativity thread, He has seen man's first breath and his last. Which of course means that the Lord has already seen the entirety of the history of man unfold. That being the case, all prophecy really is is the future written in the historical sense. He has literally already seen it all.

I have spoken out against the things of which I believe are contrary to the Word of God that are going on in this country, and frankly across the globe. And though speaking out is mandatory for the Christian, we shouldn't get the idea that we would ever change history with what we have to say. It's not for the lack of truth being spoken or lack of the message of right versus wrong being spoken. The truth IS out there and being spoken from every medium across the planet. The simple truth is men have and are rejecting truth.

Every Christian could speak out until he is blue in the face every day and it wouldn't be enough to right America's nor any other ship of state in the world. Spiritual depravity is a choice. Just like bowing down before the Almighty is a choice and as the Scripture says;

Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Few find eternal life but all are convicted of their sin. So as I say we should speak out. Through the government's inserting itself into men's personal affairs as arbiter of all things moral, while at the same time rejecting the Author of morality, we get things like the insanity of men competing as women in women's sports and school boards trying to teach gender neutrality to kindergartners. We have to speak out. But we shouldn't expect to win a lot of arguments.

Conclusions? Well first of all we can gather that since God has already seen the things of the Tribulation Era happen, they are 100% immutable and therefore Christians should accept the Lord's warnings and have pity and foreboding for those who openly reject the truths of the Bible. Secondly, Christians should set aside their contempt for the day of judgment. Only God could handle such an enormous task. And third, speaking out is one thing---- acting out is totally unacceptable. God has already seen it and since He has withheld His hand for the day of Judgment. We must be content with that, stay out of history's way and with respect, speak out.
Clarification regarding Hebrews 1:3
And He (Jesus) is the radiance of His (the Father's) glory.
In the run up to WW2 did Hitler deceive a people willing to be deceived? Scholars think so indeed. While most attributed the people's willingness to be deceived to mass hypnosis, others blamed what they claimed was deception orchestrated by Hitler the man. https://www.ushmm.org/m/pdfs/20150703-pr...-Guide.pdf

But in such special cases such as pre WW2 Germany for example, reason among the people seemed to have bee supplanted by something remarkable and in the secular sense, undefinable. Where does national, and for sake of this discussion, global reason run off to during such times? Take America 2022 for case in point. We currently celebrate criminality and demonize those things which are right according to Scripture and our own history. How could that which is wrong be vaulted into the limelight while that which is right is castigated and maligned? 

2 Thessalonians chapter 2
V9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 
V10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 
V11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
V12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

It would seem the world, not just the United States, is currently embroiled in the run up to the Tribulation via the process of Globalism. Globalism like a drug similar to that which intoxicated pre-WW2 Germany, is the on-ramp leading to the reign of Antichrist. He is as yet anonymous, but he will at some point relatively soon be revealed.

To turn one's back on God is to turn one's back on reason. According to His Word only a return to His grace could save this land.
People are blind. And for the most part always have been.
Matthew 24:
2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

In Jesus' day He knew owing to the occupation of Rome over Jerusalem and the people's rejection of Him as Lord, that the time was soon coming when Jerusalem would be utterly destroyed by Roman legions. The disciples had heard Jesus' pronouncement of desolation upon the house of Israel and having been wowed by the grandeur of the temple complex were having a very difficult time accepting the total destruction of Israel as being very likely. But seeing past the grandeur of man's accomplishments into the fact that this world is judged is not an easy thing. In fact Satan used this powerful tactic when tempted the Lord with earth's eye-candy, at the time he offered to give the kingdoms of the world to the Lord during His 40 day fast in the dessert.

Matthew 4:
9 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
10 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

But the point I wanted to focus on is spiritual discernment, or spiritual eyesight. It is a gift given only to His own which allows people to see the truth of the fact that this world is judged. And in so being will end in complete destruction even to the point of no flesh being saved at all. Not one man would be able to survive.

Matt 24:22
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

So in our day the question is just as relevant if not more so; Do we really see all these things? The vast majority of folks on the planet cannot and because they are unwilling to bow before Christ in repentance, will not ever see what's coming upon the earth. For the sake of this discussion that being the Great Tribulation. The vast majority are blind to it no matter how grim and unbelievable the fare on the 24/7 news-loop. Somehow they just cannot see the truth and are therefore easily deceived.

Same problem today. Because people reject Him as Lord they are blind and like lambs before the slaughter. There is only one source of truth in this life. God is sovereign over all things. To turn our backs on Him is to reap the whirlwind.
Point of clarification with regard to my referencing Chronicles 7:14 above: While it's true the Lord is long-suffering, and willing to grant every man ample time to repent and turn to Him for salvation.  It is also true that at some point it will be too late to repent. And just as it will be too late for folks to repent after this life is over, I believe the time may well have passed for America to repent as well.

The fight for the hearts of America's people, as presently demonstrated in the so-called 'protests' over the possible repeal of Roe v Wade, is very likely already a lost cause. The historical record shows Israel was warned of God time and time again because of her bent for disobedience. On a few occasions she repented and spared herself judgment. But the vast majority of the time she did not repent and Israel was overrun by her enemies and the people decimated and enslaved. Thus though Chronicles 7 was directed specifically to the Jew, the consequences for America's arrogance toward God are the same.

America knows better. Our people know it's wrong to abort the unborn or just-born. As I have said in the past, my worry is though America will eventually come to her senses, it will be too late. And as in the time following the Great Tribulation when the Lord's return will be a no doubter, as the lightning flashing from the east to the west.

Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
^^ "Then shall all the tribes of earth mourn." In Romans chapter one God says He has revealed himself to every man, therefore they are without excuse. Which of course means that as He said, judgment is certain.
Romans chapter 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 

19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them

20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

The tribes of earth means all men of every race color and creed, will be terrified at His coming. The reason they will be terrified is because despite any protestations to the contrary, God has revealed Himself to everybody. There are supposedly genuine atheists in abundance out there who do not believe in God. A claim that in view of Romans 1:18-20, I sincerely doubt.

Revelation says at one point during the Great Tribulation 1/3 of all men will perish. At another point 1/4 of all men will perish. So millions of people will have died, likely within a 3 1/2 year time span. But the point is there will still be a lot of people alive when the Lord comes back to earth and for those who've steadfastly denied Him it will be too late. The terror and the dismay will defy our ability to describe.
^^ It occurs to me that in the post above, I may have conveyed something I did not intend. In particular the next to last paragraph. Men will at one point be terrified at the Lord's coming. Nonetheless they will be shaking their fists in God's face all the way up until they see Him coming in clouds of glory at the Battle of Armageddon. 

Revelation 19
19  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.