Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who has heard of a one wave fair catch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wat was up with the call in the u of l conneticut game???? i didnt know that u had to wave ur arm only one time!!!! all the other fair catches ive saw has jus waved their arms in the air one time!!!! i dont know if this is true, but could somebody please fill me in!!!!!
From what i have gathered, the rule is that the hand has to go above the head, and dont think there is anything saying how many times you have to wave or anything. Apparently, the player had went to the official prior to the kick and told him what he was planning. And the worst part, i think, is that the official was cool with it. But i understand, i mean, what can he do...its not like he coulda went and told UL what was up, but he also couldnt go against the rule of his hand having to go above the head, either. Really a cheap move by UCONN putting the official in that situation.
Was a pretty bad call by the official on his behalf. But hey as long as Louisville gets beat again Im not complaining!Big Grin
Yeah, who cares...Louisville lost. I'm happy.
That was the worst missed call I've ever seen.
blackcat_student Wrote:That was the worst missed call I've ever seen.

I agree with you! That was cleary a fair game made!!!
OK, the valid fair catch signal is putting your hand above your head and waving it back more than once to gain protection. This player is permitted to raise his hand to block the sun or lights but was he waves it back and forth, that is the valid fair catch signal. This play, legal and the officials did not mess anything up.
-STATS- Wrote:Was a pretty bad call by the official on his behalf. But hey as long as Louisville gets beat again Im not complaining!Big Grin

ComfortEagle Wrote:Yeah, who cares...Louisville lost. I'm happy.

I'm with you guys on this one. It's always a good thing when Loserville gets beat.

I HATE LOUISVILLE! Big Grin
theref Wrote:OK, the valid fair catch signal is putting your hand above your head and waving it back more than once to gain protection. This player is permitted to raise his hand to block the sun or lights but was he waves it back and forth, that is the valid fair catch signal. This play, legal and the officials did not mess anything up.

Ok, Im deff not a UL fan but if your telling me that wasnt a fair catch signal than I dont know what is.The hand came up above the head and waved that is cleary a fair catch singal, which he was did.Which costed UL the game.Ahh no skin off my back that they lost just saying it was a fair catch!!!

i dont care if they lost either. im jus sayin that i think it was a fair catch. but oh well! u of l did lose!!
theref Wrote:OK, the valid fair catch signal is putting your hand above your head and waving it back more than once to gain protection. This player is permitted to raise his hand to block the sun or lights but was he waves it back and forth, that is the valid fair catch signal. This play, legal and the officials did not mess anything up.

Sure they didn't. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/fo...index.html

Actually I have seen teams penalized for an illegal fair catch signal for doing the exact same thing. Only difference was the returner waved his arm one way and actually stopped instead of taking off. The result was a first down for the kicking team.
never heard of it