Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2022-2023 Early 15th Region Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To get a jump start on next season and to start a thread where we can talk about next year all offseason.  

Early favorites I believe are 
Pikeville- Samons and Jarrell are returning with the big kid in Fitzer getting a more prominent role 
SV- Returns everyone 
Belfry- Returns what could be the best backcourt in the mountains 
Magoffin- Returns everyone 
Floyd Central- Returns everyone.  

Of course this list will change in the coming months due to transfers and coaching changes.   Just wanted to get the discussion going for the off-season.
Pikeville will be team to beat again next year with the addition of Eli Johnson from Menifee County.
(03-26-2022, 09:37 AM)Speedshot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will be team to beat again next year with the addition of Eli Johnson from Menifee County.
How good is Johnson? Our high school split games with them last year and I don’t recall anyone that played for them that really stood out. No one that would help Pikeville all that much.
I predict we will hear from King Crabadore , Dean Douche , and other envious posters who will whine all summer about Pikeville cheating without providing a scintilla of evidence of alleged infractions.
(03-26-2022, 09:45 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2022, 09:37 AM)Speedshot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will be team to beat again next year with the addition of Eli Johnson from Menifee County.
How good is Johnson? Our high school split games with them last year and I don’t recall anyone that played for them that really stood out. No one that would help Pikeville all that much.
22.3 ppg, have no idea about going to Pikeville. The Panthers will be very good again regardless IMO.

Edit: Uh oh...tons of Pikeville stuff on his twitter feed...DoD and KC are going to go nuts haha
Why have the dynamic duo not been on here complaining about Belfry getting another WV kid? I enjoyed seeing that picture of the Chapmanville kid dropping back to throw a pass on the football field. I wonder if he realizes that will be the last picture that he ever gets doing that hahaha
Pikeville. It is what it is. Talent in the city isn't there so you go out and steal county boys.
Top Returners for favorites 22-23
57th:
Magoffin County- Barnett, Whitaker, Lafferty
Paintsville- Fugate, Kinner, James
58th:
Betsy Layne- Robinson, Kidd, Pinte
Floyd Central- Samons, Moore
59th:
Pikeville- Sammons, Jarrell
Shelby Valley- Fuller, Brown, Osborne
60th:
Belfry- Dean, Clark
Pike Central- Rigdon, Stewart
(04-03-2022, 11:09 AM)TRex34 Wrote: [ -> ]Top Returners for favorites 22-23
57th:
Magoffin County- Barnett, Whitaker, Lafferty
Paintsville- Fugate, Kinner, James
58th:
Betsy Layne- Robinson, Kidd, Pinte
Floyd Central- Samons, Moore
59th:
Pikeville- Sammons, Jarrell
Shelby Valley- Fuller, Brown, Osborne
60th:
Belfry- Dean, Clark
Pike Central- Rigdon, Stewart
I just seen on D&D that Clark will not be playing in the 15th next season.
(04-03-2022, 08:47 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville. It is what it is. Talent in the city isn't there so you go out and steal county boys.
Now do Belfry if you can stop crying long enough.
Pike Central has some impressive young talent and will definitely be a team that can make some noise again in March...after 30 years of existence they are definitely due.

Personally I will be hoping for another Pikeville-Pike Central regional championship rematch...with the same results.
If Sammons is on your team you are in the mix. Add in Pikeville other pieces with Justice as coach you are a favorite to repeat. Pike Central does return a very good group but lost best piece. I do believe Central will make a run. Belfrys fate will be determined by what kids stay and what ones play that didn’t this year. Biggest question for them is Hagy coaching or are they going outside for someone.
Pikeville will have Samons and much more, plus Eli Johnson coming. Way too early favorite to repeat.
(04-07-2022, 09:50 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will have Samons and much more, plus Eli Johnson coming. Way too early favorite to repeat.

Don't be sure about Samons, heard through the vine he may go ahead and reclassify.
(04-08-2022, 09:00 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2022, 09:50 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will have Samons and much more, plus Eli Johnson coming. Way too early favorite to repeat.

Don't be sure about Samons, heard through the vine he may go ahead and reclassify.
I'm 100% behind him all the way. No doubt he could be playing college ball today or anywhere else he wants to play.
I wouldn't blame Sammons at all if he is happy with the offers he has...I don't know why anyone would attend another year of high school if they don't have too and especially if they are happy with the scholarship offers they already have received.
What schools have offered him so far? I can imagine its a pretty good list.
(04-09-2022, 05:27 PM)clipperw Wrote: [ -> ]What schools have offered him so far? I can imagine its a pretty good list.
Not positive on official offers, but several schools that have shown interest are:

Tennessee Tech, Belmont, Morehead State, Eastern Kentucky, Western Kentucky, and South Alabama.
SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY. PIKEVILLE WOULD BE AWFUL IF THEY DIDNT RECRUIT KIDS. THE TALENT ISNT THERE IN THE CITY. THEY DO IT IN EVERY SPORT, NOBODY IS CRYING, ITS A FACT!!!!
Pikeville will be tough to beat! Pike Central could take a run at it.
(04-17-2022, 08:21 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY. PIKEVILLE WOULD BE AWFUL IF THEY DIDNT RECRUIT KIDS. THE TALENT ISNT THERE IN THE CITY. THEY DO IT IN EVERY SPORT, NOBODY IS CRYING, ITS A FACT!!!!

Out of your 742 post I'd be willing to bet that 700 are complaining about Pikeville recruiting.
Additions of Eli Johnson to Pikeville makes an already loaded Pikeville team almost unbeatable.
Graduating from Pike Central, I try not to have bias because I’m a basketball fan. I enjoy watching any level of basketball high school, college, some NBA. It does surprise me that more people aren’t talking about them based on what they bring back and the run they has. It looks like Ratliff was able to go in and bring some order to the program. I believe Magoffin will surprise some people next year with Barnett and the Whitaker kid. Zane I believe.
Pikeville - The addition of Eli Johnson to an already stacked team.
1. Pikeville
2. Shelby Valley
3. Magoffin Co
4. Belfry
5. Floyd Central
1. Pike Central- returns 4 starters from last season including Rigdon and Stewart..
2. Johnson Central- usually is in the mix every year and has 6’8” Ryan Rose
3. Betsy Layne- Robinson and Kidd returns best duo in 15th
4. Magoffin Co- best backcourt in the 15th with Barnett and Whitaker
5. Pikeville - lost 4 starters but have possibly the 2023 15th region player of the year in Samons.
(04-21-2022, 09:36 AM)ballaboveall Wrote: [ -> ]Additions of Eli Johnson to Pikeville makes an already loaded Pikeville team almost unbeatable.
How do you figure when you really have only 1 starter returning and a bench player who got some playing time and a possible transfer who doesn’t share the ball and your other pieces are inexperience at best because of no playing time sounds unbeatable to me, what a joke….
(05-04-2022, 10:10 AM)Old-school-coach1972 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2022, 09:36 AM)ballaboveall Wrote: [ -> ]Additions of Eli Johnson to Pikeville makes an already loaded Pikeville team almost unbeatable.
How do you figure when you really have only 1 starter returning and a bench player who got some playing time and a possible transfer who doesn’t share the ball and your other pieces are inexperience at best because of no playing time sounds unbeatable to me, what a joke….

Hey guys.  Found another hater.  Well one of the old ones that created a new profile.   On a serious note. And old school coach take notes this will be on the final exam so you'll want to learn this.

Panthers Return RYLEE SAMONS. He is the best player in the region hands down not even close. That alone makes them a top contender. But wait there's more.   They also return 6th man and a crucial part of last year's team Heath Jarrell who you can't leave open and will be a top defender in the region.    You staying with me.  Okay.   They ALSO have Charlie Fitzer who is 6'9 6'10 and he was groomed by the best big man in the region last year every single day in practice.  And as far as Eli Johnson. He may come in and be the 2nd best player in the region. Yes he's that good.  Don't believe me. Check him out on the ADIDAS AAU circuit. Yes you read that right he plays for Power Circle which is a Adidas team. It's not a local team that some dad put together full of their hs kids and go play in small low quality tournaments it's top competition AAU. Add all of that with THE BEST COACH in the region you my friend have what you call a #1 team.      Now before you raise your hand to try and question any of my statements just think back to your previous 496 profiles and think man I doubted thr panthers for awhile now.  Last year you probably said they won't gel they won't share the ball they won't play Def.  And look what they done.  Hit me up at the end of the season next year with your new profile name and I'll give you this same lesson all over again
(05-08-2022, 01:48 AM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey guys.  Found another hater.  Well one of the old ones that created a new profile.   On a serious note. And old school coach take notes this will be on the final exam so you'll want to learn this.

Panthers Return RYLEE SAMONS. He is the best player in the region hands down not even close. That alone makes them a top contender. But wait there's more.   They also return 6th man and a crucial part of last year's team Heath Jarrell who you can't leave open and will be a top defender in the region.    You staying with me.  Okay.   They ALSO have Charlie Fitzer who is 6'9 6'10 and he was groomed by the best big man in the region last year every single day in practice.  And as far as Eli Johnson. He may come in and be the 2nd best player in the region. Yes he's that good.  Don't believe me. Check him out on the ADIDAS AAU circuit. Yes you read that right he plays for Power Circle which is a Adidas team. It's not a local team that some dad put together full of their hs kids and go play in small low quality tournaments it's top competition AAU. Add all of that with THE BEST COACH in the region you my friend have what you call a #1 team.      Now before you raise your hand to try and question any of my statements just think back to your previous 496 profiles and think man I doubted thr panthers for awhile now.  Last year you probably said they won't gel they won't share the ball they won't play Def.  And look what they done.  Hit me up at the end of the season next year with your new profile name and I'll give you this same lesson all over again

Alright Mr Pikeville Backer let me let you in on a little reality, last year’s Pikeville team was practically an all star team and to me Mr Justice isn’t that good of a coach just a good recruiter, cause you can see what kind of coach he is a couple years back having the District tournament at home and get blowed out in the first round and yea I know Samons and Hall were hurt but doesn’t Coach Justice have more players apparently not or he just can’t coach. Now yes Samons is going to be the preseason 15th Region POY, but like I said in a previous post my top 5 are Pike Central, Johnson Central, Betsy Layne, Magoffin Co and Pikeville. Lastly I’m not a Pikeville hater but posters like you make people hate on them and with you saying they’ll win it again don’t make predictions this early before even the school year starts cause anything can happen injuries, transfers and always some team will come out of nowhere to shock some teams, but if Coach is that good then he should coach through that like he did a couple years ago right….
(05-08-2022, 10:46 AM)Old-school-coach1972 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2022, 01:48 AM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]

Alright Mr Pikeville Backer let me let you in on a little reality, last year’s Pikeville team was practically an all star team and to me Mr Justice isn’t that good of a coach just a good recruiter, cause you can see what kind of coach he is a couple years back having the District tournament at home and get blowed out in the first round and yea I know Samons and Hall were hurt but doesn’t Coach Justice have more players apparently not or he just can’t coach.  Now yes Samons is going to be the preseason 15th Region POY, but like I said in a previous post my top 5 are Pike Central, Johnson Central, Betsy Layne, Magoffin Co and Pikeville. Lastly I’m not a Pikeville hater but posters like you make people hate on them and with you saying they’ll win it again don’t make predictions this early before even the school year starts cause anything can happen injuries, transfers and always some team will come out of nowhere to shock some teams, but if Coach is that good then he should coach through that like he did a couple years ago right….

Not that good of a coach.   Hmmn.   Then why does kids from all over hit him up in the off-season to help them improve their game...  let's see.  He's been the head coach now for what 6 years at pikeville.  They have 3 regional 1 regional runner up 3 ALL A regional 1 ALL A STATE 5 district championship has accumulated 139 wins for a AVG. Of 23 wins per season. ( and if he coaches for let's say 30 years that's 685 wins over 100 more than the best coach this region has saw Bill Mike (589 wins 29 years) and as far as the 1 year out of the 6 he didn't win district. 1 yes they got beat in 1st rnd 2 they had 2 starters out in rylle and Lockhart 3 hall was on his comeback year from acl tear and was still wearing his brace.  He was about 70% at that time  4 if you remember it was a 3 way tie abd instead of going by a points system like they should have they did a coin flip.  Still not complaining because I think that'd what lit the fire for this years success. 5 all star team. Yea.  Justice developed those guys to be just that.  They had worrix come in ehoch helped alot but the rest of those guys has been to hs at pikeville developing under Justice since they were freshman except Manns and Roger's.  The other 4 starters were all there from begining. Walter's Robison hall since 7th grade samons since 9th but yea you keep drinking you're Kool aid and making new profiles.  If you're going to hate pick something you can hate on and defend your argument. Other than saying Justice isn't a good coach.     And as far as your statements of you're rankings abd why. Do some more research.  
1 as far as PC Rigdon and Stewart both are rumored heavily on the transfer block with rigdon going to Fleming and BL is doing everything they can to get Stewart to come. Just look at any social media and the proof is there
2 Ryan rose leading jc.   He hasn't done anything to prove he can lead a team. He is 6'8 and hasn't touched being a top 5 of big men in region in any year he's played
3 bl having the best duo.  At what. WWF hard-core matches. Robinson was suspended once for trying to fight in all a and is suspended for first 2 games of season because of his antics of fighting in the regional. All that team wants to do is hype up the off season and fight in the regular season. They won't even win their own district this year 
4 Magoffin does has a great back court but that's it.
Pages: 1 2