Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2021-2022 15th Region Season Wrap Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations to the Pikeville Panthers on their incredible season.  The best season in the Panthers historical history. 

In what was a good Regional tournament. I think the Lc vs Pikeville matchup was the best two teams.  Unfortunately it was in the first round.  Some teams Pikeville was just head and shoulder better than and others seem to fall apart at the end.  Overall a good season in the mountains.  

We saw a lot of good basketball this season in the 15th.  The most talented it has been in the last several years.   We will say good bye to a lot of good players.  The East Ridge seniors, The BL seniors,  Fugate and Tharp at Paintsville, LC seniors, Dingess at MC and Hall, Worrix and the other seniors at Pikeville.   A few others I’m sure i forgot to mention.  These kids have been mainstays in the Region the last 4-6 years.  It’s been wonderful watching them compete.  Because if COVID we get to see Samons and a few others again next year.  

Just wanted a thread to conclude the season without all the bashing and celebrate the talent we’ve got to watch the last few years.
Just saw that Lukas Manns earned a 3rd scholarship offer. Congrats to a great kid, and the victim of one of the MOST awkward and strange situations that not only myself but many others, including some former longtime coaching greats. 2 former 15th Region and 1 a former 14th. 2 of the 3 I’m pretty sure have their place in KHSAA HOF. All 3 have won it least 1 Regional tournament. All  3 of these men speaking together during the state tournament, along with some former players and longtime followers of Mtn basketball all agreed, that Manns was treated WORSE THAN ANY ONE PLAYER THAT THEY COULD EVER RECALL AT ANYTIME IN ALL THEIR YRS COACHING OR JUST FOLLOWING HS BASKETBALL AROUND THESE PARTS!

The fact that a kid 6’5” who has proven himself as a 40% or plus 3pt shooter, a consistent 80% or plus shooter at the ft line, with a very high ceiling bc he was a late developing player, who had only played out and on the wings and perimeter since his Soph yr. A player that once it was brought to my attention, following his first few games as a Panther last yr, his jr season, when it is official that the kid played the entire season, not only hurt but injured on a fractured foot with some torn ligaments. Yet after his first few games going all the way back thru his Soph season he had a streak of 24 out of 30 consecutive games of scoring it least 9 points or more. Basically double figures plus, but to be technical, there is 5-6 of 9pts. Although in those of scoring 9pts, he had rebound totals of 12, 9, 8, 8, 7 & 6.. Also grabbed it least 5 rebs in 20 of those 30 games. Even though his numbers dipped his jr season, which would be forgivable just with his injury. But it was brought further to my attention that his odd situation began early in his jr season. After coming out of the gates avg near 12.5ppg 5.6rebs shooting team best fg%, 3pt %, and ft % with 2 of his first 3-4 games being perfect from the field including at N.Laurel with dbl figures and 6rebs and 1st game @ S.Valley and Worrix big rivalry with perfect from the floor and 17pts 8rebs. Also had 14 & 6 in the return game at Pikeville avg 15.5ppg & 7rebs in the 2 district games vs SV. 5-7 from 3pt! Not including him leading Pikeville injured to what I believe was their first victory in a All A state tournament at Knott Co. Central with 23pts 8rebs, and 7-10 from deep. Yr before at BLHS, with no Howell or No Robinson, they won multiple ot game vs Knott where he delivered 17pts 8rebs. This past season he chipped in 11pts vs Knott Central in just 14mins going back and watching the film. The odd thing his jr season after coming out of the gate clearly looking like their best #2 option, after 1 poor outing at Madison Central in which he would pick up 2 early fouls going to the bench, and in the 2nd half a 3rd and 4th, putting him back to the bench. Watching it, was completely on Manns for a poor performance, one spent in foul trouble which is just part of basketball, and going to happen. But after coming out so effective, 2nd leading scorer, tied 2nd leading rebounder and leading the team in fg %, 3pt and ft%. 1 foul trouble filled game and the very next at East Ridge, he losses starting spot, then gets only 4-5 mins tops, but strangely even less in the 2nd half of no more than 2-3mins. It got worse from there at Harlan Co he comes off the bench for 4-5mins of time, scoring 5-6pts at the line, and then ZERO time in the next half! So really if you go back, it was very strange, where he seemed to have a very short lease, even games that he may not be hitting his jumper early, would result in him coming out, and sometimes it was brief trips in and out, others it may result in long trips out. So he ended up avg around 8 & 5 with 42% from 3pt, also leading them in ft shooting, as he did again this season at 83 or 84%.. If shown correctly, he missed 12 ft’s over the 2 seasons going 20-24 this yr. Just very odd bc there is a very large sample size showing that when given the time and minutes and the all important trust and confidence from the staff with some leash to play freely he has proved over a Soph season and when he received that his jr yr, that he was a consistent dbl figure scorer, would consistently grab you it least 5-6rebs and will do so shooting around or better h than 40% from deep, around or better than 80% from the line.. 

He would have easily gave Pikeville a lineup this past season of 5 starters avg dbl figures, and also add a 3rd starter shooting 40% or more from 3pt with Sammons and Hall.. With the deserved time of that of a starter this season and all of last season, even with the shortened Covid season if he was a main starter with the mind that comes with that, in which Stevie Wonder btw could see that he was and should receive, he could have safely finished as a 1k pt scorer and 400 plus rebs. 

But to put things in perspective, this kid was treated his senior yr after a off season of pt rehabbing and even early season bump of a turned ankle that he came back fine from, and regardless of the excuse given when anyone asked anyone in the Pikeville circle that he was hurt, he practiced with no limits everyday they had practice every week. Plus if really hurt to where a bk 2 bk 2 different districts All District player, who was receiving lot of interest from colleges heading into this season from anywhere of NCAA D-II to NAIA and even JUCO. Picking up an offer before the season from King University, who is a D-II program. Yet this kid was treated as if he was a end of the bench scrub suddenly??? He consistently was checked in during 1st half’s of games and you can find them over and over, that I didn’t realize it was that bad until I saw for myself. He goes in for stints that are from as brief as under a minute to the absolute MAX of 2 mins and some change! A few trips up and down the floor, regardless of what transpired he was always jerked back out where he would remain often. Maybe put in during the last minute or 2 of a game that was decided as if it’s now safe to put Manns in the game! Had to be humiliating to such a great kid, who btw him and his family both deserve MVP of the season bc I never saw anything but him behaving as incredibly as a kid could ever behave during games knowing his season and opportunities are being wrongfully taken from him. Everyone I asked, there was no public outrage or even gossip of his family talking negatively to anyone that could listen or act out at any point during the yr! Idk IF any other player or family could swallow that without snapping when you have a kid that obviously college’s are interested in, even receiving what was the 2nd highest level of an offer after Sammons with King. There’s no explanation for inserting a kid from 45-50 secs to 2 mins and change max repeatedly in 1st half of games! Not basketball wise. That is not even enough time to provide a breather! Lol 

At the regular seasons end the 2 players who was just awkwardly getting playing time inexplicably ahead of him proved with numbers how ridiculous it was. Before post season play you had a kid shooting 23-84 from 3pt on the season, who is billed as an outside shooter for 27.3% compared to Manns who ONLY SHOT 37-3’s on the entire regular season! Anyone knows basketball understands how hard it is to shoot like that anyway when only getting to put up 1 here in there in not even spot mins, still had hit 14-37.. So player SHOOTS 84 to his 37, and ONLY made 9 MORE 3’s!!! Took 84 to 37 and ONLY MADE 9 MORE! It took 6-14 in the post-season, including a 3-5 game just to finish at 30% on the season! The other only made 10-3’s on the entire season bc he is just not a threat to even shoot them! 

Which looks worse when you needed outside shooting vs GRC, and continued to try any and everyone before giving the kid 1 minute, the FINSL minute! A kid who got lots of whispers from ppl who did not know Pikeville as who is the tall kid with the pretty shot who keeps hitting them from the K in warmups, but doesn’t get to play?? He got 1 MINUTE, 1 SHOT from 3pt, in which he hit to cut lead to 4pts. Finishing with a 2 game total of 1 minute 1 shot 3pts where the 2 who STRANGELY PLAYED OVER HIM finished with 5 & 3 for 2 GAME TOTALS!!!! Another starting guard finished with 11pts over a 2 game total. In the GRC GAME HAD 2pts 0pts from the 2 who no one person unbiased speaking basketball can explain them playing over him as their game totals. Even Sammons with 2pts with quicker and stronger defenders. When needing outside shooting off the bench, went with Rogers who ALSO DESERVED LOTS MORE PT, as he along with Walters imo should obviously been 2 main rotational pcs off the bench, with the little guard getting spot min relief for Worrix and Hall. But desperately needing some outside shooting for a boost, potentially open and space floor a little more for Sammons, Worrix capability to drive and create more, go with Rogers who gave a little boost, but went 1-7 from 3pt??? Hmmm If Manns could have gotten those 6-7 3pt attempts, you have to think there’s a LOT better chance that he it least hits you 2 or 3 of them, and he’s also capable of seeing 2 go down close together and rattling off 4-5 or even hitting all of them when hot? Season on the line and you reluctantly put him in with around a minute. The shot he hit sure didn’t look like a fluke! It was running the floor contested greatly, but his size and pure shooting stroke gives it a great chance and what do you know he drills it! What if he got 6-7 attempts over 2nd half? Even hits 2-3, it’s a completely different game, possibly the ONLY game you had a shot to really knock them off, and from there May had won entire thing! 

Looks REALLY BAD! But not as bad that 2 of Manns 3 College offers came after the season began when he was treated like a scrub for some obvious and intentional reason, if not explain?? Esp 2min or less 1st half no matter what ur out, and if you Coached you understand how hard it is to consistently do that if NOT TRYING TO DO SO! You would forget, flow of game it would vary. It least 5-6 mins, playing well maybe 9-10, other times 2-3 mins. But like clock work he was allowed to run the floor a cpl times making a kid dying to play only thirst for action that much more and pull him out! Play kids who HAVE ZERO OFFERS, ZERO INTEREST who I just don’t see ever receiving any. Not a knock, just not much of a ceiling as a college basketball player.. 

But the worse is the fact he was still able to add 2 more offers when he was purposely held out! 

THE WORST, was gaining interest and thenan ACTUAL OFFER FROM UPIKE (a consistent Top 25 NAIA Program) JUST FROM WATCHING HIM PRACTICE AND WORK OUT!!!!!!!!! ? I mean how if ur the Coach are you able to look at ur player when you refuse to play him, and from everything I heard NEVER even pulled aside and given any type of explanation of why his HS career was being destroyed! Got a offer from practice! Gained another recently based on potential, but he couldn’t play over 2 players that avg CAREER HIGH’s of around 5ppg. 1 added around 4 plus rebs.. 10 makes from 3 ALL YR FOR 1, 6-14 post season really district and region bc failed to make 1 at state just to finish at 30% from 3pt. 1 finishing season 50% from ft line. Together they avg at least what Manns would by himself, but shooting far less % and no where near the offensive threats. All the while he would have added another option to the lineup at 6’5”, although they refused to play him in the post or even 15’ in, run him off anything for shots, like the many things they did with him at BL his Soph yr. Sad part with 3 offers, how many more opportunities and offers would he have earned if he started like anyone else would have started him, adding his 10 or plus pts, with his size as a 40% plus outside shootist and excellent ft %??? 1-2 more tops?? I have to think it least 2-3 or more!!! Everyone loves size, that can really shoot it!!!!

The worst part, if there is…, I doubt Manns or his family will EVER receive an explanation or know the truth behind wha some great coaches called the WORST they seen, speaking of his treatment! They also agreed he starts for EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE REGION, and off the top of their head believed he would have started for ANY TEAM IN THE 14th Region as well! But he enters District tourney finals games with 50 secs left!!! Lol Verysad, couldn’t have happened to from everything I have seen a better kid! 

I was surprised nobody commented or publicly said anything about this all season!!!! That’s why after seeing another offer to make things look worse on that Pikeville staff and program, that he deserved some recognition and the side told to those who just never realized or had any idea… So I’m sorry kid, you deserved a LOT BETTER!!
Manns the game Pikeville lost in the state tourney he played 3 minutes. Shot one three and made it. Kid would start at any other school in the region.
Pikeville ended up with any highly talented basketball transfers for next season yet?
(06-05-2022, 09:40 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville ended up with any highly talented basketball transfers for next season yet?

5-star Rupert Jackson from Tater Creek High School is transferring in.  Moving in for the nutritional lunches and better vocational school.
(06-05-2022, 03:56 AM)EastKY-SportsTalk Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw that Lukas Manns earned a 3rd scholarship offer. Congrats to a great kid, and the victim of one of the MOST awkward and strange situations that not only myself but many others, including some former longtime coaching greats. 2 former 15th Region and 1 a former 14th. 2 of the 3 I’m pretty sure have their place in KHSAA HOF. All 3 have won it least 1 Regional tournament. All  3 of these men speaking together during the state tournament, along with some former players and longtime followers of Mtn basketball all agreed, that Manns was treated WORSE THAN ANY ONE PLAYER THAT THEY COULD EVER RECALL AT ANYTIME IN ALL THEIR YRS COACHING OR JUST FOLLOWING HS BASKETBALL AROUND THESE PARTS!

The fact that a kid 6’5” who has proven himself as a 40% or plus 3pt shooter, a consistent 80% or plus shooter at the ft line, with a very high ceiling bc he was a late developing player, who had only played out and on the wings and perimeter since his Soph yr. A player that once it was brought to my attention, following his first few games as a Panther last yr, his jr season, when it is official that the kid played the entire season, not only hurt but injured on a fractured foot with some torn ligaments. Yet after his first few games going all the way back thru his Soph season he had a streak of 24 out of 30 consecutive games of scoring it least 9 points or more. Basically double figures plus, but to be technical, there is 5-6 of 9pts. Although in those of scoring 9pts, he had rebound totals of 12, 9, 8, 8, 7 & 6.. Also grabbed it least 5 rebs in 20 of those 30 games. Even though his numbers dipped his jr season, which would be forgivable just with his injury. But it was brought further to my attention that his odd situation began early in his jr season. After coming out of the gates avg near 12.5ppg 5.6rebs shooting team best fg%, 3pt %, and ft % with 2 of his first 3-4 games being perfect from the field including at N.Laurel with dbl figures and 6rebs and 1st game @ S.Valley and Worrix big rivalry with perfect from the floor and 17pts 8rebs. Also had 14 & 6 in the return game at Pikeville avg 15.5ppg & 7rebs in the 2 district games vs SV. 5-7 from 3pt! Not including him leading Pikeville injured to what I believe was their first victory in a All A state tournament at Knott Co. Central with 23pts 8rebs, and 7-10 from deep. Yr before at BLHS, with no Howell or No Robinson, they won multiple ot game vs Knott where he delivered 17pts 8rebs. This past season he chipped in 11pts vs Knott Central in just 14mins going back and watching the film. The odd thing his jr season after coming out of the gate clearly looking like their best #2 option, after 1 poor outing at Madison Central in which he would pick up 2 early fouls going to the bench, and in the 2nd half a 3rd and 4th, putting him back to the bench. Watching it, was completely on Manns for a poor performance, one spent in foul trouble which is just part of basketball, and going to happen. But after coming out so effective, 2nd leading scorer, tied 2nd leading rebounder and leading the team in fg %, 3pt and ft%. 1 foul trouble filled game and the very next at East Ridge, he losses starting spot, then gets only 4-5 mins tops, but strangely even less in the 2nd half of no more than 2-3mins. It got worse from there at Harlan Co he comes off the bench for 4-5mins of time, scoring 5-6pts at the line, and then ZERO time in the next half! So really if you go back, it was very strange, where he seemed to have a very short lease, even games that he may not be hitting his jumper early, would result in him coming out, and sometimes it was brief trips in and out, others it may result in long trips out. So he ended up avg around 8 & 5 with 42% from 3pt, also leading them in ft shooting, as he did again this season at 83 or 84%.. If shown correctly, he missed 12 ft’s over the 2 seasons going 20-24 this yr. Just very odd bc there is a very large sample size showing that when given the time and minutes and the all important trust and confidence from the staff with some leash to play freely he has proved over a Soph season and when he received that his jr yr, that he was a consistent dbl figure scorer, would consistently grab you it least 5-6rebs and will do so shooting around or better h than 40% from deep, around or better than 80% from the line.. 

He would have easily gave Pikeville a lineup this past season of 5 starters avg dbl figures, and also add a 3rd starter shooting 40% or more from 3pt with Sammons and Hall.. With the deserved time of that of a starter this season and all of last season, even with the shortened Covid season if he was a main starter with the mind that comes with that, in which Stevie Wonder btw could see that he was and should receive, he could have safely finished as a 1k pt scorer and 400 plus rebs. 

But to put things in perspective, this kid was treated his senior yr after a off season of pt rehabbing and even early season bump of a turned ankle that he came back fine from, and regardless of the excuse given when anyone asked anyone in the Pikeville circle that he was hurt, he practiced with no limits everyday they had practice every week. Plus if really hurt to where a bk 2 bk 2 different districts All District player, who was receiving lot of interest from colleges heading into this season from anywhere of NCAA D-II to NAIA and even JUCO. Picking up an offer before the season from King University, who is a D-II program. Yet this kid was treated as if he was a end of the bench scrub suddenly??? He consistently was checked in during 1st half’s of games and you can find them over and over, that I didn’t realize it was that bad until I saw for myself. He goes in for stints that are from as brief as under a minute to the absolute MAX of 2 mins and some change! A few trips up and down the floor, regardless of what transpired he was always jerked back out where he would remain often. Maybe put in during the last minute or 2 of a game that was decided as if it’s now safe to put Manns in the game! Had to be humiliating to such a great kid, who btw him and his family both deserve MVP of the season bc I never saw anything but him behaving as incredibly as a kid could ever behave during games knowing his season and opportunities are being wrongfully taken from him. Everyone I asked, there was no public outrage or even gossip of his family talking negatively to anyone that could listen or act out at any point during the yr! Idk IF any other player or family could swallow that without snapping when you have a kid that obviously college’s are interested in, even receiving what was the 2nd highest level of an offer after Sammons with King. There’s no explanation for inserting a kid from 45-50 secs to 2 mins and change max repeatedly in 1st half of games! Not basketball wise. That is not even enough time to provide a breather! Lol 

At the regular seasons end the 2 players who was just awkwardly getting playing time inexplicably ahead of him proved with numbers how ridiculous it was. Before post season play you had a kid shooting 23-84 from 3pt on the season, who is billed as an outside shooter for 27.3% compared to Manns who ONLY SHOT 37-3’s on the entire regular season! Anyone knows basketball understands how hard it is to shoot like that anyway when only getting to put up 1 here in there in not even spot mins, still had hit 14-37.. So player SHOOTS 84 to his 37, and ONLY made 9 MORE 3’s!!! Took 84 to 37 and ONLY MADE 9 MORE! It took 6-14 in the post-season, including a 3-5 game just to finish at 30% on the season! The other only made 10-3’s on the entire season bc he is just not a threat to even shoot them! 

Which looks worse when you needed outside shooting vs GRC, and continued to try any and everyone before giving the kid 1 minute, the FINSL minute! A kid who got lots of whispers from ppl who did not know Pikeville as who is the tall kid with the pretty shot who keeps hitting them from the K in warmups, but doesn’t get to play?? He got 1 MINUTE, 1 SHOT from 3pt, in which he hit to cut lead to 4pts. Finishing with a 2 game total of 1 minute 1 shot 3pts where the 2 who STRANGELY PLAYED OVER HIM finished with 5 & 3 for 2 GAME TOTALS!!!! Another starting guard finished with 11pts over a 2 game total. In the GRC GAME HAD 2pts 0pts from the 2 who no one person unbiased speaking basketball can explain them playing over him as their game totals. Even Sammons with 2pts with quicker and stronger defenders. When needing outside shooting off the bench, went with Rogers who ALSO DESERVED LOTS MORE PT, as he along with Walters imo should obviously been 2 main rotational pcs off the bench, with the little guard getting spot min relief for Worrix and Hall. But desperately needing some outside shooting for a boost, potentially open and space floor a little more for Sammons, Worrix capability to drive and create more, go with Rogers who gave a little boost, but went 1-7 from 3pt??? Hmmm If Manns could have gotten those 6-7 3pt attempts, you have to think there’s a LOT better chance that he it least hits you 2 or 3 of them, and he’s also capable of seeing 2 go down close together and rattling off 4-5 or even hitting all of them when hot? Season on the line and you reluctantly put him in with around a minute. The shot he hit sure didn’t look like a fluke! It was running the floor contested greatly, but his size and pure shooting stroke gives it a great chance and what do you know he drills it! What if he got 6-7 attempts over 2nd half? Even hits 2-3, it’s a completely different game, possibly the ONLY game you had a shot to really knock them off, and from there May had won entire thing! 

Looks REALLY BAD! But not as bad that 2 of Manns 3 College offers came after the season began when he was treated like a scrub for some obvious and intentional reason, if not explain?? Esp 2min or less 1st half no matter what ur out, and if you Coached you understand how hard it is to consistently do that if NOT TRYING TO DO SO! You would forget, flow of game it would vary. It least 5-6 mins, playing well maybe 9-10, other times 2-3 mins. But like clock work he was allowed to run the floor a cpl times making a kid dying to play only thirst for action that much more and pull him out! Play kids who HAVE ZERO OFFERS, ZERO INTEREST who I just don’t see ever receiving any. Not a knock, just not much of a ceiling as a college basketball player.. 

But the worse is the fact he was still able to add 2 more offers when he was purposely held out! 

THE WORST, was gaining interest and thenan ACTUAL OFFER FROM UPIKE (a consistent Top 25 NAIA Program) JUST FROM WATCHING HIM PRACTICE AND WORK OUT!!!!!!!!! ? I mean how if ur the Coach are you able to look at ur player when you refuse to play him, and from everything I heard NEVER even pulled aside and given any type of explanation of why his HS career was being destroyed! Got a offer from practice! Gained another recently based on potential, but he couldn’t play over 2 players that avg CAREER HIGH’s of around 5ppg. 1 added around 4 plus rebs.. 10 makes from 3 ALL YR FOR 1, 6-14 post season really district and region bc failed to make 1 at state just to finish at 30% from 3pt. 1 finishing season 50% from ft line. Together they avg at least what Manns would by himself, but shooting far less % and no where near the offensive threats. All the while he would have added another option to the lineup at 6’5”, although they refused to play him in the post or even 15’ in, run him off anything for shots, like the many things they did with him at BL his Soph yr. Sad part with 3 offers, how many more opportunities and offers would he have earned if he started like anyone else would have started him, adding his 10 or plus pts, with his size as a 40% plus outside shootist and excellent ft %??? 1-2 more tops?? I have to think it least 2-3 or more!!! Everyone loves size, that can really shoot it!!!!

The worst part, if there is…, I doubt Manns or his family will EVER receive an explanation or know the truth behind wha some great coaches called the WORST they seen, speaking of his treatment! They also agreed he starts for EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE REGION, and off the top of their head believed he would have started for ANY TEAM IN THE 14th Region as well! But he enters District tourney finals games with 50 secs left!!! Lol Verysad, couldn’t have happened to from everything I have seen a better kid! 

I was surprised nobody commented or publicly said anything about this all season!!!! That’s why after seeing another offer to make things look worse on that Pikeville staff and program, that he deserved some recognition and the side told to those who just never realized or had any idea… So I’m sorry kid, you deserved a LOT BETTER!!
I would have loved to have seen him stay at Betsy Layne and see how he would have continued to develop. I was surprised he wasn't used more at Pikeville.
Here is the wrap up. Pikevilles philosophy now is not just to get the best kids but to take kids away so they can’t play for other teams.

With that said.

Too 5 for next year with what I have seen so far after watching about 20 summer games-

Pikeville
Lawrence
Valley
Martin
Pike Central
(06-05-2022, 07:51 PM)Ur Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Manns the game Pikeville lost in the state tourney he played 3 minutes. Shot one three and made it. Kid would start at any other school in the region.

Absolutely he would without question! Lol 

Here is a rundown during a large sample size of Soph season, and then breaking over into his jr season last yr. 

Soph Season over into Jr season 24 of 30 (9pts plus)

•Pike Central- 19pts 8rebs
•Magoffin- 10pts 8rebs
•Lee Co- 18pts 3rebs (6-7 3pt/1st half only)
• At Region Runner up Lawrence - 9pts 8rebs
•Wolfe County- 19pts 6rebs
**Buckhorn Christmas Tournament**
•Raceland- 10pts 10rebs
•Owsley- 19pts 5rebs
•Buckhorn (finals) 17pts 5rebs
• At S.Valley 11pts 5rebs
•All A Classic vs Paintsville- 9pts 12rebs
•Pike Central- 9pts 7rebs
•Pburg- 9pts 8rebs 
•Lee Co- 8pts 8rebs (*plays 1st half only)
•At Floyd Central-22pts 6rebs (4-5 3pt)
•Lawrence- 10pts 9rebs
•Letcher Co- 14pts 5rebs (4-5 3pt)
•Martin Co- 7pts 6rebs (Sat 1st half foul trouble, had 7pts 5rebs 2nd half)
•Belfry- 18pts 6rebs
•Knott Central- 17pts 5rebs
•East Ridge- 9pts 6rebs
•At Phelps- 15pts 5rebs

**1st 3 games he played as a Panther, again injured at that, but receiving mins and trust with leash to play freely)

•At North Laurel- 11pts 6rebs (perfect fg)
**Missed next 2 games**
•S.Valley All A Finals- 9pts 3rebs (tied Hall 2nd leading scorers)
•At Shelby Valley- 17pts 8rebs (perfect fg)

**Basically an exact carryover and carbon copy from his Sophomore season carrying over early in Jr season. Avg 12.3ppg 5.7rebs after 3.. 

A foul laden poor effort, and basically not playing the next cpl games.

Yet when given time to really play core mins and again  a reminder he did so playing every single game and practice his entire Jr season on a fractured foot with a few torn ligaments. Still was able to provide other boost along the way such as mentioned first time around,

17pts 8rebs and 14pts 6rebs for 15.5ppg 7rebs avg in 2 Big district rivalry games vs Valley. The 23pts 7-10 3pt night to advance them over KCC in open rd of All A state tournament. 

***Now without overthinking just read games listed above 1 after another, and the impressive consistent numbers and success he found as a 1st yr HS starter, and immediately carried over early to the start of last season.

WORST THING I HAVE YET TO SEE, AS IN THE TREATMENT OF AN ACTUAL HS PROSPECT! 

SHAME SHAME PIKEVILLE ??
Pikeville went 32-3 (best W% in school history), won the PIT, 15th Region All “A” Tournament, All “A” State Championship, 59th District Championship, 15th Region Championship, defeated a UK-commit led North Laurel in front of a pro-NL crowd at Rupp, and pushed unanimous #1 and eventual State Champion, GRC, to the brink in the quarterfinals of the Sweet 16 to close out what is likely the best season of PHS Hoops ever, if not, at least in the last 60 years. And there are still people who find a way to complain.

Welcome to coaching in 2022! Can’t believe more people aren’t beating down the doors to get in the profession.
I believe Manns is a good kid and never once complained. From my understanding he is going to EKU for school only. So these college offers mean nothing if he doesn’t want to play after high school. If anyone with half a brain watched Pikeville play last year, they didn’t need a scorer as the 5th starter. They needed a Defender and they got one heck of a one in Walters. For every bucket Manns would get, he would give up 5 plus foul. Defense is why Manns never saw the floor. Nothing more.

He put up good number at BL his sophomore year because they played team like Lee county and the schedule was horrendous. If he was good how come they couldn’t beat PBurg in first round of district. He leaves BL and they win back to back districts. He’s played a lot as a Jr at Pikeville and lose first round of District. Limited minutes last year and Pikeville has arguably top 5 year in Mountain history.
The one thing I can say about justice is u better play defense if u want to play for him.say what u want about pikeville recruiting or this or that but the team always plays tuff defense regardless of the personnel on floor.
That was the toughest team I have ever seen Pikeville put on the court. To crack that starting 5 you better be REAL good. The one priority that is obvious to me is if you play on an Elisha Justice team you better be able to play team defense and leave the selfishness at the door. It was refreshing to see a team as non selfish as the Panthers this year. Probably the best defensive team in the state.
(06-11-2022, 11:44 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Manns is a good kid and never once complained.  From my understanding he is going to EKU for school only.  So these college offers mean nothing if he doesn’t want to play after high school.  If anyone with half a brain watched Pikeville play last year, they didn’t need a scorer as the 5th starter. They needed a Defender and they got one heck of a one in Walters.  For every bucket Manns would get, he would give up 5 plus foul.  Defense is why Manns never saw the floor. Nothing more. 

He put up good number at BL his sophomore year because they played team like Lee county and the schedule was horrendous.  If he was good how come they couldn’t beat PBurg in first round of district.  He leaves BL and they win back to back districts.  He’s played a lot as a Jr at Pikeville and lose first round of District.  Limited minutes last year and Pikeville has arguably top 5 year in Mountain history.
Bless ur heart! ??? It’s not the point of what the kid has decided to do. What does that have to do with the fact he received offers as high as D-2? That right there is another one of the biggest crock of crap EVERRRR, acting as if his defense is so horrendous that he is unplayable! ? Just straight up not true! It really goes to show how much you have really watched the kid, bc I don’t know of him ever being a kid who stayed in foul trouble ever! Actually he was always known to have a knack of blocking and altering shots without fouling. I have never watched a game he was in, to where the other team just took it to whomever he was guarding, straight up not true. Yet he started the majority of the yr prior and if he didn’t he played starter mins off the bench. Again so easy to say they played Lee Co (2x) WOW OKAY! Played Jenkins this yr. I surely don’t see how a team starting 3 soph, 1 jr and a Fresh getting upset in a District tournament making that 1 player trash as you pretty much put it. Lol 1 game in first yr starting and 1st yr ever playing on the perimeter. Luv when ppl try to make points and get very emotional the way you did, and your reasoning has zero validity behind it. Defense, which is crazy blown out of proportion. It sure wasn’t so bad that he couldn’t be on the floor! ? Never knew of him being someone who stayed in foul trouble ever! I bet without knowing, he never fouled out of even 3 games. I say it’s under 3. Ridiculous point saying for every point he would foul.. Well bubby, that’s definitely FAR FROM TRUE, bc you can’t foul 10 plus times in a game! ?? Show me ALL the foul trouble, show me big sample size of games where his defense was so bad it beat his team? Luv making the entire season as a Soph vs Lee Co. Who is no different than playing Jenkins. He played only 1 half of both games vs Lee Co, so where’s those padded stats? He managed 18 & 4 going 6-7 from 3pt in 1 half, and 8pts 8rebs, almost dbl dbl in just 1 half the 2nd time. So that was actually just 2 half’s of the entire season. Lol 

How about 17 & 8 vs Knott Central in a W, with no Robinson? Or 23 & 8 (7-10) from 3pt vs Knott Central in a Class A state win, or even this yr had 11pts in 14mins, and easily with 20-23mins 15 plus and at the very least another 5-6rebs or plus. So Soph and Jr yr that’s an avg vs Knott Central of 20ppg 8rebs. Even add in the 14 mins game this yr, that’s career avg playing them Soph, Jr, Senior yr of 17ppg 6.66 basically 7rebs. If he played his normal mins that’s going up bc 11 & 4 in 14 mins this past season. Guess Knott Central is Lee Co?? Or Soph yr since all he adds is scoring. Lawrence Co, runner up, down to last min vs Martin in finals, he gives 9pts 8rebs and 10pts 9rebs for 9.5pts 8.5reb 2 game avg. 1 point and 3 rebounds from avg a double double vs them. Just some scoring though.. 9pts 12rebs vs Paintsville in All A with injured Frazier. But just some scoring lol Let’s see Shelby Valley sure wasn’t Lee Co during his Soph and Jr yrs. He contributes 11 & 5, 17 & 8 (perfect from floor) and 14 & 6.. That’s 14pts 6.3rebs and jr yr 15.5 & 7. Or how about North Laurel? 2-3 days after his bad foot injury, using caution off the bench, 11pts 6rebs (perfect from the floor) hmmm See there’s all kinds of numbers and just plain basketball sense of a big sample size proving how effective he was and consistently, and actually his best numbers seem to be  vs better competition.. This yr, who knows how his defense would effect the game, he never got enough of a chance to put him on the bench for a lack of play. It was strangely just decided. Since those are ride or die MUST DO to play laws for Elisha Justice, then why was that not a must the yr before and even worst playing him injured at maybe 60-70%?? Where’s that logic? 

So I would be very interested in you or anyone else being able to show a good sample size showing that his defense was so poor that he couldn’t even be put on the floor. Not EVEN IN GAMES WITH DBL FIGURE LEADS FROM ALMOST THE TIP TO THE END?? What’s the reasoning then if not a tight close game?? Bc they had more blowout and dbl figure lead games from early to the end than close one’s.. That defensive narrative is as weak as the he’s just hurt narrative bc neither was true, but a half sad excuse. 

But ur right NO team needs a 5th scorer who will give you 10 plus, shoot it at 40% plus from outside, shoot a team best % at the line, and also give you a much BETTER REBOUNDING, and a good offensive rebounder at that than those in front of him. So gives you better scoring by a TON, more ways to score, and it’s not even close, better shooting by FARRRRR lol, and helps command the defense’s attention and forces them to stay true and helps spread the floor opening up more driving lanes, or pay for it. There were teams that basically played 4 on 5 at times bc no threat to hurt them from 1 spot.. It didn’t matter bc they just weren’t good enough to beat them anyway. But a much more talented player who I think takes a huge step this yr finally healthy and with a true pg on the floor with him, bc a shortened Covid season that he played injured not hurt. So much more talented player, a much crazy higher ceiling, and the 2nd highest ceiling on the team after Sammons, as far as how much more room to grow as a player, and the reason so many schools were interested, bc he was just scratching the surface of what kind of player he could be. So flat out more talented, higher ceiling, better scorer, better shooter, better rebounder, incredible teammate and leader, but there’s no room for him AT ALL in your opinion, even in and as a rotational piece!!! ? 

You want to say the starting lineup needed whatever instead.., cool. But what’s the reasoning in why THE TEAMS BEST 3pt shooter 42% the yr before and FT shooter last season who did so playing and practicing all yr very injured, had zero room to even give you big rotation mins now that he’s healthy? Was the outcome in all those blowout wins going to change?? Really played in a small amount of true close games, rest controlled early in the game to the end, but he’s not even good enough to give you a 16-20 mins off the bench? A qtr’s worth of time each half? For real? But players nowhere near the player he is, they suddenly deserve more time over him this season, when they played less the yr prior and him injured? Worrix addition changes nothing. He took the place of Lockhart. Why didn’t that defensive LAW OF ALL LAWS to play for Justice apply the yr before? Walters and the little guard didn’t play over him then?? Luv to see all these games that he fouls so much in! Lol ? That was a good 1. So I can show with facts and numbers why it makes zero sense. Plus not just my opinion, but I haven’t spoken to anyone outside of Pikeville circle that tried to justify it. Everyone else, all these half brainers, including Coaches not even from the 14th or 15th at the state tournament who sat right there completely confused asking why in the world is Manns not in the lineup and on the floor? A player who starts for every other team in 15th and 14th, but he can’t even get rotation mins bc this Pikeville team is just otherworldly great! ? Well, regardless of how much success they had, it still doesn’t change the fact that something fishy, something very sketchy was behind the treatment of that kid. There is no REAL proven reasoning for him not even getting to be a rotation player.. 

****One last note, they didn’t need a 5th scorer or another elite outside shooter? Really, not even to come off the bench when other scorers or shooters are struggling? Final game of the season that ended this legendary squads season was done with 38 points on the board, 3 in which was his, so 35pts, but DON’T NEED ANYMORE SCORING!!! ??? 
Robinson had 1pt, Sammons had 2pts, Jarrell had 2pts and Walters 0!!! But no need for anyone else on the floor that could provide a offensive lift! Lol Let’s go with Rogers (who also should been a major pc all year ahead of others) but let’s go with him to shoot 1 for 7 from 3pt when taking away Manns 1 attempt were 4-23 from 3pt! But no room for better scorer or shooting, bc Rogers, Jarrell and Walters all combined 1-14 from 3pt!!! Defense all well and good, but eventually against good teams you got to put it in the basket. Add Sammons 0-4 and 1-18.. Go back and watch that game over and over, and plz don’t try and make the case that the Pikeville defense just completely stifled GRC! ?? Was more them not being able to hit shots they normally hit, even around the basket.. So I guess all those longtime coaches don’t have a clue. All those recruiting don’t have a clue, and everyone that I know that are tremendous basketball minds simply don’t have a clue. Well do us a favor, show us how his defense is so bad that there was no room in the rotation in blowout win after blowout win, and plz show us where for every point he would score he would foul, for a kid who has NEVER been foul prone EVER! Luv to see it.. It’s like ppl get so emotional bc ur not allowed to point out a truth and fact that wasn’t a big secret, but actually it was an uproar from everyone outside of the Pikeville inner circle. Everyone and anyone that can unbiasedly look would NEVER in a million years say Walters or Jarrell are more talented or better players than Manns, bc it’s simply not even a conversation and hard to even type let alone speak it out loud with a serious face when posing the question! ??? So poor effort in that emotional response. Which puts you as the first in TONS of ppl to spk on it, including EVERY former and current Coach that have spoken to, or mostly them 90% of the time bringing it up, including ones who are Coaches from down state. As I had a Coach from nowhere near our Mtn basketball, that was utterly confused and asking why in the world is Manns not on the floor? Sometimes things are as a simple as they seem. Simple equation here.., those 2-3 ahead that absolutely should NEVER be ahead of this kid are simply NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE PLAYER THAT HE IS, and the sad thing is what kind of player he could have been. 

Will leave on this note.., I would not be so sure to close the book on his playing basketball. I do know everything that was done from a kid til now was about earning a college scholarship. But also know he’s a honor student, and doubt he’s paying anything to go to EKU. Was told by someone close to his Father, that King was his first option, and wanted to go there, but did not provide the field in which he is wanting to pursue. One thing is for sure, he has a great head on his shoulders, and guessing like most things, a lot of thought went into it. But to somehow try and discredit his collegiate scholarship offers bc he didn’t use or they didn’t provide what he was looking for as making them irrelevant is seriously the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard! Lol It’s the fact he earned those, including a D-2 offer. It’s such a shame to wonder just how many he ended up missing out on? Earning 1 FROM PRACTICE, and another FOLLOWING the season after he was completely shutdown from any opportunity to play! That LOOKS REALLY BAD ON THIS LEGENDARY SQUAD! Lol
 I will say with full confidence if he wasn’t treated so horrendous this season, and them completely taking his last yr of basketball in HS away, and away from those who supported him, and never given a reason or even a thoughtful pull to the side to be professional and explain, to the kid why. Really should have told them up front that they just didn’t see any place for him, and I’m sure they would have made another decision. Obviously they had an idea going into this yr that he was not in their plans, bc he obviously wasn’t. Just never seen a player of his natural ability and with multiple offers, that suddenly can’t find ANY TIME his ENTIRE senior season, when that had NEVER been the case any time before. To act as if that is and was solely a basketball decision is as funny as the pitiful suggested point on defense or foul for every time he scores or only played Lee Co and or an upset loss as a first yr starter as a Soph was all reason enough to prove he really sucks as a player!!!! So I guess the other kids on that BL team are terrible as well! Lol 

Duke lost to Mercer, Lehigh, VCU, S.Carolina 2nd rd. So guys like Tatum, Kennard, Seth Curry, Jabari Parker, Austin Rivers etc are all not so good then, or that could NEVER happen! Kansas lost to Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa, 10 seed Stanford in 2nd rd with Joel Embiid & Wiggins, they must not be to good! I know Oscar Tshiebwe NCAA POY, broke 50 yr old records, Ty Ty probably a lotto pick but lost 1st rd, so evidently not very good! ?? That’s about how sorry that logic is!!! ? 

So I still have not heard anything basketball wise that truly makes sense or explains it, bc it truly was not based on that if you ask most, and I’m guessing I won’t.
Why did he leave Betsy Layne for? I thought it may have had something to do with the coaching change but wasn't sure.
What was Mann’s reason for not playing then if he’s a good defender why did he play limited minutes on a panthers team that only ran 6 deep at times
(06-23-2022, 10:51 PM)Highflyer5 Wrote: [ -> ]What was Mann’s reason for not playing then if he’s a good defender why did he play limited minutes on a panthers team that only ran 6 deep at times

Because the other six were very good and didn’t really need breaks. Worrix ran that team as if Elisha was on the court. He was the floor general and an absolute pest on defense to where he made so many players flustered. Then Jarrell would come in and play great defense as well for Laithen or Robinson and play without their big. This team just didn’t need to really be deep because their core 6 was so good and never looked worn down