Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LSU 30 Auburn 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LSU just defeats Auburn with a last second play. 9 seconds left and the qb chucks it down filled to win the game. It was a great game. congrats to both teams
Say what you want about Les Miles, but he has some major cajones.... still was stupid to try for the touchdown however...
Wow, wat a gutsy call by Les Miles by not just kicking the FG. Well Congrats LSU and staying alive in the BCS!
Auburn's coach handed this to LSU. For those of you who didn't watch this:

Final drive for LSU:
1. Auburn squib kicks, LSU to the 40.
2. Auburn doesn't challenge a play that would make it 4th down instead of first.
3. Auburn uses none of it's time-outs to save some time on the clock, LSU throws deep to win with 1 second left on the clock.
4. Auburn gets the ball on the kick, pitches one time and runner goes out of bounds, doesn't even try to pitch it again.

Point: Auburn needs a new freaking coach, they ain't got a chance for a National title any time soon with this guy calling the shots.
Great game, already watched it twice as it was played on ESPN CLASSICS game of the week! Agree, Auburn gave this one away!
Yup Auburn had this one won, Gutsy call by LSU's coach to go for the TD instead of the Field Goal. Great Game overall!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Auburn's coach handed this to LSU. For those of you who didn't watch this:

Final drive for LSU:
1. Auburn squib kicks, LSU to the 40.
2. Auburn doesn't challenge a play that would make it 4th down instead of first.
3. Auburn uses none of it's time-outs to save some time on the clock, LSU throws deep to win with 1 second left on the clock.
4. Auburn gets the ball on the kick, pitches one time and runner goes out of bounds, doesn't even try to pitch it again.

Point: Auburn needs a new freaking coach, they ain't got a chance for a National title any time soon with this guy calling the shots.

They went 13-0 in 2004 and many would say they should have played in the National Championship game... should he have used a timeout? Yes.... but there are about 115 schools that would love to have Tommy Tuberville as the head coach....
FreakNasty Wrote:They went 13-0 in 2004 and many would say they should have played in the National Championship game... should he have used a timeout? Yes.... but there are about 115 schools that would love to have Tommy Tuberville as the head coach....

Well, obviously people don't like him, I know you write for the papers and all, so you know what you're talking about, but when you blow a game, on the road, that's stupid, I could see blowing it at home cause you're trying to put on a show for the home crowd, but he lost this game for his team, on the road against one of the top teams in the nation, time to give him the boot.

And, people called for Lloyd Carr's head at the beginning of the season for losing a game, not blowing a game, so yeah, I see where he took Auburn 13-0, but Lloyd didn't blow a big game on the road, Tuberville did.
this was a good game. LSU beat them on a last second, like 30 yard touchdown pass.
I thought going for the TD with 5 seconds left was possibly the most stupid thing I'd seen. LSU got lucky nothing bad came out of that. Auburn, without a doubt plays better on the road than any team in the country, IMO.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well, obviously people don't like him, I know you write for the papers and all, so you know what you're talking about, but when you blow a game, on the road, that's stupid, I could see blowing it at home cause you're trying to put on a show for the home crowd, but he lost this game for his team, on the road against one of the top teams in the nation, time to give him the boot.

And, people called for Lloyd Carr's head at the beginning of the season for losing a game, not blowing a game, so yeah, I see where he took Auburn 13-0, but Lloyd didn't blow a big game on the road, Tuberville did.

Carr has been getting heat for years at Michigan (since Tressell starting handing him his lunch on a yearly basis), and Tuberville nearly got the boot in 2003.... it's comes with the territory at major univerisities (just ask Tubby Smith...)

I wouldn't go as far as to say Tuberville cost them the game, I think LSU has better overall talent, and even if he took the timeout with 40 seconds left, I feel as if Colt David would have made a field goal that would have won the game...

The weird thing is, Tuberville's gaffe almost worked out for him.... but I totally agree with you on it being the wrong decision...
Amazing to see ho every aspect of this College football season is shaping out to be dramatic. Every week there is an upset, every week the polls are shifted with a new team as #2. It is absolutely great. LSU was very fourtunate to come out of this game with a win. I guess the UK may have drained them but what a game!
That was a great game to watch, and an awesome catch for the game winning TD. Just goes to show that the SEC is the most exciting conference in the country!
Pupaw Wrote:I thought going for the TD with 5 seconds left was possibly the most stupid thing I'd seen. LSU got lucky nothing bad came out of that. Auburn, without a doubt plays better on the road than any team in the country, IMO.

There were more than 5 seconds left when the ball was snapped, it was more like 9 seconds. I actually have no problem with Les Miles going for the throat and throwing for the TD, but I do have a problem with him not stopping the clock. He had a timeout in his pocket and elected not to call it for some reason, instead letting the clock tick away while he ran that last play. I wondered why he didn't call time, then throw the ball into the end zone one time before kicking the FG.

However, when it comes down to it, he still would've had enough time in the end. The clock stopped at 1 second, and I actualy thought it should've stopped at 2 or 3. I don't know why those dumb announcers kept saying that if the pass was incomplete the time would've run out. Come again? The clock stops on an incomplete pass, so catch or not, the clock stops. The only way Miles and Flynn mess up is if they throw a pass short of the end zone and the receiver gets tackled in play.