Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #18 Arkansas 75 #6 Kentucky 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cats got behind double digits again early but came back and actually took the lead in the second half but a couple of bad decisions late killed them. After taking the lead by 1 with just a few minutes left, the Cats had a chance to go up three or four but  a Wheeler 15-footer missed the mark and Arkansas too the lead back.  Also, down by 1 with a minute or so left in the game and Brooks pushes off right in front of the ref. Stupid. Kentucky never led again.  Notae for the 'Backs is a scoring machine. He can throw it in from anywhere in the half court.

Kentucky's best shooter, Grady did his best Casper impersonation and ghosted. He took all of three shots all game. How does your best shooter not take more than three shots? 

This team's slow starts will haunt them in the end if it isn't corrected.  Still, valiant effort in a tough environment. The Big O was his typical beastly self. He had something like  30  and 18.   

On a side note, Kentucky's possessions coming out of timeouts are pretty horrid.
I just get so tired of having all this talent, and, oh hell never mind
(02-26-2022, 07:47 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]I just get so tired of having all this talent, and, oh hell never mind

Tell us what you think, Rook.  I actually like this team quite a bit. They show a lot of fight when they get down. Cal has done a pretty good job of pushing the right buttons when the guards have been injured.  I just wish they had some better plays and execution coming out of timeouts. This is one of a handful of teams that can win it all but they have to get off to better starts come tourney time. They are probably gonna end up being a #2 seed in the NCAA.
Hope to see Arkansas again. And Tennessee. And Auburn.
Arkansas at Arkansas is tough. Wheeler and Washington coming back from injury and Grady not being able to get shots. I love this team and like their chances
(02-26-2022, 09:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2022, 07:47 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]I just get so tired of having all this talent, and, oh hell never mind

Tell us what you think, Rook.  I actually like this team quite a bit. They show a lot of fight when they get down. Cal has done a pretty good job of pushing the right buttons when the guards have been injured.  I just wish they had some better plays and execution coming out of timeouts. This is one of a handful of teams that can win it all but they have to get off to better starts come tourney time. They are probably gonna end up being a #2 seed in the NCAA.
Just frustrated
(02-26-2022, 11:23 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just frustrated

I hear you. That's a game we could have won if we had made just a couple of plays down the stretch. Just like the Bengals, a couple of plays down the stretch is all they needed. The difference between a win and a loss is often just a play or two. Oh, and a competent official or two wouldn't hurt, either. It's never a good sign when we get Doug Shows calling our game and we are playing a ranked foe on the road.
(02-27-2022, 02:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Just frustrated

I hear you. That's a game we could have won if we had made just a couple of plays down the stretch. Just like the Bengals, a couple of plays down the stretch is all they needed. The difference between a win and a loss is often just a play or two. Oh, and a competent official or two wouldn't hurt, either.  It's never a good sign when we get Doug Shows calling our game and we are playing a ranked foe on the road.
He’s thinks people are in the gym to watch him ref.
(02-27-2022, 04:17 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just frustrated

I hear you. That's a game we could have won if we had made just a couple of plays down the stretch. Just like the Bengals, a couple of plays down the stretch is all they needed. The difference between a win and a loss is often just a play or two. Oh, and a competent official or two wouldn't hurt, either.  It's never a good sign when we get Doug Shows calling our game and we are playing a ranked foe on the road.

Yep,  he must be a kindred spirit of Teddy "TV" Valentine.
(02-27-2022, 04:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2022, 04:17 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2022, 09:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Tell us what you think, Rook.  I actually like this team quite a bit. They show a lot of fight when they get down. Cal has done a pretty good job of pushing the right buttons when the guards have been injured.  I just wish they had some better plays and execution coming out of timeouts. This is one of a handful of teams that can win it all but they have to get off to better starts come tourney time. They are probably gonna end up being a #2 seed in the NCAA.
Just frustrated

Yep,  he must be a kindred spirit of Teddy "TV" Valentine.
Haven’t seen Tv Teddy much this year.
This team is capable of winning it all this year. When they are healthy and playing within themselves they are quiet possibly the most dangerous team in the country. On the other hand they can go cold shooting and Oscar can be slowed down with length like Auburn/Gonzaga/Duke have.
(02-28-2022, 05:23 PM)The Scoop Wrote: [ -> ]This team is capable of winning it all this year.  When they are healthy and playing within themselves they are quiet possibly the most dangerous team in the country.  On the other hand they can go cold shooting and Oscar can be slowed down with length like Auburn/Gonzaga/Duke have.

When Oscar moves in slow motion at the post we are in bad shape.